Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Unit specifics
Unit specifics
Feb 10 2010, 10:06 am
By: fat_flying_pigs  

Mar 13 2022, 6:47 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #21

You were right about gsw, it works as you described. As for airegion and aireg, which might be the same command, are commands on their own. Regarding them, I provided some wrong arguments and I got this:

Too bad it doesn't give a description on how to use the command as for the case of grid when provided with wrong arguments. It's funny, if you only type "grid" and nothing else, you'll get no description whatsoever. Perhaps I'll figure them out somehow.

Another thing that I noticed is when "show range" is used, tank in tank mode and goliath don't get any range showing up. I noticed the same thing with the mod that I posted above.

A, that's nice. I always thought the last spine of the lurker did double damage when the lurker died. Thank you for asking neiv about it!

Now this got me curious, where did he learn about it? Did someone tell him about that, or did he read some code somewhere? In case he read some code, could he point me to that code, although I might not understand it until I get better at programming.

Actually, I was meaning to reach neiv on staredit, but I noticed it's been some months he was last active. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me how you got in touch with him? I'd like to talk to him about his bw-chk tool, as well as about the code for lurker damage multiplier, if possible.

None.

Mar 13 2022, 9:52 pm Nekron Post #22

Oh, airegion is just printing info about state/flags of a single region - https://i.imgur.com/cARxvUZ.png

Yeah I guess turreted units only take range from the base

As far as I know, neiv reads code to learn about everything. He's on the SEN Discord, I think you can reach him there

Mar 14 2022, 1:19 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #23

Nice find! :D
Although, I don't know what those things mean.
In the meantime, I came across this thread, where some of the commands are being described and where it's shown how they are meant to be used.

A, I see. I thought goliath and tank exhibit that behaviour due to their "Stay In Range" AI Order, which I assumed that was also responsible for goliath and tank for auto attacking enemy units while they are following an own unit (maybe it works with following an allied unit as well).

Edit start:
Looking at the "Units" count and seeing 191, it makes me think there's no way there are that many units on the map, as I just started the game, there being a maximum of 16 units. 4 workers for 4 players.
Edit end

I also found out there's a newer version of ai_debug. This happened when I took a look at the video in this post. I noticed there's FPS, units and other stuff showing up, and that there's also a .exe demo in the same post. So, I opened the .exe using Firegraft, and came across these 2 plugins:

, one of which is teippi.qdp combined with the newer version of ai_debug.qdp (Limits v 1.0.2 (Debug)).

Here's some of the features of the newer ai_debug:

This was as happy coincidence, as I was looking for a tool/mod that displays the total amount of units on a map. Too bad that the newer ai_debug.qdp is nowhere to be found.

I saw you mentioning in this post that there are issues running teippi with other plugins. I'll reply to you in that post on how I got to run ai_debug along teippi, cause there's a little trick.

Thanks for pointing me out where to find neiv!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 14 2022, 1:27 pm by NiceNowIHaveAName.

None.

Mar 14 2022, 1:54 pm Nekron Post #24

Minerals, larvae and geysers are units too

Mar 14 2022, 2:08 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #25

A, I see.

None.

Options
  Back to forum