Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (4)SnowBunny
(4)SnowBunny
Feb 10 2010, 7:38 am
By: UnholyUrine  

Feb 10 2010, 7:38 am UnholyUrine Post #1

Yeah. I've always wondered how people spend so much time on terraining.
This clearly isn't any good in terms of prettiness Or even melee balancing :P

But i just wanted to give this a go just for the sake of it.
O, and, i don't mind if u bash it like you do with all the other ones :D..

Anyway, if any of you were able to not vomit or cut your own wrists or boil your eyeballs after seeing the image... what you'd notice is that top and bottom are different... :D.. I tried to balance them by having the top have nats on high ground and only 1 accessible choke point, while the bottom have nats that are quiiite open for attack, but their main base is on high ground

There are probably a gazillion things to say. but Since I don't play melee at all, I just thought this'd be a fun experiment.
And yes.. this map IS VERRRRRY experimental.

Enjoy~(or not)

Oh and... I think i've covered most of the tank holes other than the intentional ones.... i think... so you tank-holes .. shush :P

EDIT: there're two p12 sunkens that didn't show up O.O... but w/e

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 10 2010, 7:44 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Feb 10 2010, 12:05 pm Gigins Post #2

Player12 doesn't need a start location. :P

None.

Feb 10 2010, 2:00 pm Aristocrat Post #3

Place a neutral (P12) sunken, then place the same neutral unit sprite over them in the exact location. Set the grid to Fine and make sprites snap to grid to make it easier. SCMdraft's creep display is not the same size as the creep span in-game. Be careful about that.

Both of the gas for the top spawns require building placement to fix, otherwise have to be 4peon'd. Bottom double gas expo is really easy to defend contrary to popular belief, and ramp blockage might be a little excessive.

Though not perfectly 1v1 balanced, 2v2 might be interesting to see. :)

None.

Feb 10 2010, 11:04 pm UnholyUrine Post #4

Both of the gas for the top spawns require building placement to fix, otherwise have to be 4peon'd. Bottom double gas expo is really easy to defend contrary to popular belief, and ramp blockage might be a little excessive.

Can you speak English please? ><"

None.

Feb 10 2010, 11:25 pm Aristocrat Post #5

Quote from UnholyUrine

Can you speak English please? ><"

The "gas rule" is a general guideline for gas placement in melee maps. If a vespene geyser is not directly on top or directly to the left of the building, then it will require more than 3 workers to gather since pathing AI sucks. BGH is a perfect example of this: some geysers require the player to place a cyber core/pylon in the right spot to force the workers to walk correctly to the gas, without which it may take upwards of 5 workers to get the gas running.

Since the geysers for your top mains are not in the right spots, players need to place buildings to fix the pathing.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 6:44 am UnholyUrine Post #6

Sorry to post this on here..

but What do you guys use to post the map images???
I don't like the way my image shows up so small, and links you to the website and stuff... :\

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2010, 5:26 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 5:10 pm Super Duper Post #7

Tinypic.com

None.

Options
  Back to forum