Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Blood Pressure Marathon: Char 3.0
Blood Pressure Marathon: Char 3.0
Jan 19 2010, 9:36 am
By: Lanthanide
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Apr 7 2010, 12:22 am ImagoDeo Post #61

Does this post count as gravedigging, or is the project still alive?

None.

Apr 7 2010, 12:51 am Lanthanide Post #62

Heh, yes, the map still exists and is in my thoughts. The last work I did on it was about 10 days ago. I lost a lot of enthusiam as I've reached the tail-end of the project, with lots of fiddly things left to fix up. Actually many of the things I have to do left are the more interesting parts of the map (decoy kakaru, cloaked mutalisk/ursadon, bombing shuttle), but they're also very fiddly and trial-and-error to get working just right.

For the last few days I've been obsessively working on Desert Strike Night, and am closely reaching the end of that. I'm calling my version "Desert Strike Night Fixed", where I have made several significant changes and many bug fixes and some balance changes. I will post a thread in Map showcase when it is finished (as opposed to stringing everyone along like I did with BPM...).
  • Greatly fixed up detector AI so that detectors are much more useful. Rebalanced detectors and cloaked units to help account for this. Right now I'm trying to improve lurker AI, I have improved it somewhat already but am considering possible methods to make it even better.
  • Fixed many many bugs, some of them seriously unbalancing (top player's roaches heal at 2x faster rate than they should, nydus/roach/broodling AI bugs for 1 player and not the other, multiple nydus buildings refunded more than they cost to build, possible to build specials with less than 5 gas in some circumstances).
  • Added automatic upgrade sharing between players, added boom-prevention system to prevent a team from using 2 booms within 10 seconds (stops wasted booms)
  • Added a good amount of spit and polish overall: removed cumbersome/ugly methods of doing things (mostly unnoticeable by players, except for far fewer triggers required). Rebalanced and spiced up mothership/corruptor/medivac/nydus special effects, made mineral accumulation constant instead of getting minerals in bursts, fixed up issues where a team's Silo torrasque could be killed prematurely before it exploded, added 2 types of Protoss Dark Templar as per SC2, made the opening cinematic battle more epic and includes 1 random hero for each team.
  • I plan to add in a double mineral rate option that P1 can choose at map start so that we don't need a plethora of HALF versions of the map.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 1:43 am UnholyUrine Post #63

Hey, are you aware that there's a Blood Pressure Marathon Revamped version?

It's also in ash terrain (coincidence?)... it has a "cleaner" look than earlier versions, and some units have become better (like Chuck Norris... and the "You can't Fight Me" Battlecruiser with 1 hp, but 5000 dmg.) Other than that, it's basically the same map.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 2:12 am Lanthanide Post #64

No, hadn't seen that. The battlecrusier idea sounds interesting, I shall have to steal borrow that.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 7:40 pm ImagoDeo Post #65

So how's it going?

[/gravedig]

None.

May 11 2010, 10:57 am Lanthanide Post #66

It took longer than expected, but I got my Desert Strike map finished: http://www.staredit.net/topic/11001/

I'll probably take a few weeks off mapping before I get back to BPM, but I still intend to finish it.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum