Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: RPG Submissions
RPG Submissions
Jan 14 2010, 7:03 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

Jan 15 2010, 5:43 am Kaias Post #41

Quote from stickynote
Ok, here's my map. It is fully functional (as far as I know). There may be some bugs, but I think I fixed most of them. It's got sounds in it; I'll release a sound-free version later for a better b-net experience (with pubbies).
EDIT: It's called drop dead, and it's a 6 player zombie map.
The footsteps are bugged- it plays ridiculously frequently when you walk.

None.

Jan 15 2010, 6:07 am Falkoner Post #42

My Entry - Random Quest RPG

The map plays perfectly up to the second boss, so if the testers don't mind, I'd like to submit it :) Played it today and fixed a major bug that messed up gameplay after the first boss, so it should be fairly entertaining.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, it's single player :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2010, 6:13 am by Falkoner.

None.

Jan 15 2010, 6:08 am Falkoner Post #43

The footsteps are bugged- it plays ridiculously frequently when you walk.

Do I sense improper use of inverted locations!!?!?

None.

Jan 15 2010, 6:12 am KilaByte Post #44

Just so the judges know. My map is meant to be played with all 4 players. Although its possible to get very far with just 2. Please read the briefing and learn how to use items / which items do what.

Also, move my map to the top of the list :)

None.

Jan 15 2010, 6:20 am stickynote Post #45

Argh. I thought that they would be fine. Ok, I'll release a fixed one tomorrow. Actually, are they playing really really fast, because I had that problem once, but Ithought I fixed it. Is it only at the very beginning? Oh, yeah; it needs some balancing because I haven't played with a full house yet, so I'm not sure if that is too easy. If it is, let me know.

None.

Jan 15 2010, 12:57 pm NudeRaider Post #46

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Couple of questions regarding judging:
1) How will the actual judging be done? Everyone for himself?
1a) Or will there be a discussion forum for judges?
1b) Give a 1-10 rating? Or just say map x best terrain and the map that has most votes wins the category. What if there's a draw?
1c) How is the winner for each category determined?
2) Are we supposed to test multiplayer maps with pubbies/friends or with judges?
3) Where do we submit our test results?
4) How much time do we have?
6) Where is the list of criteria again?
5) Anything else?

Jan 15 2010, 2:59 pm Neki Post #47

Recommended players would probably be 2-3 for my map, 2 will probably yield the most challenging experience. Play it online and use p1-p2, as they are the most stable players. :P

None.

Jan 15 2010, 3:48 pm azala Post #48

Quote from qPirateKing
If any participants have any suggestions for how they want their map to be played, please state them. For example, if your map is best played with a full house and with LAN latency, tell me so I don't play it with 2 people over bnet. I don't want any complaints about your maps not being played as intended.

Mine (the 90KB one) requires three players over b.net.
Judges should read the included Game Mechanics README (link next to the screenshots).

If anything, it explains why the gameplay is actually much more meticulously balanced and well-thought-out than one might suspect at first.

None.

Jan 15 2010, 6:54 pm payne Post #49

:payne:

I guess I'll wait an other week before starting to play all these seeing all the submissions and edits being done ;o

None.

Jan 15 2010, 8:49 pm xYoshix Post #50

For my rpg, I recommend playing in LAN, so EUD keys don't become a pain while messaging someone.

None.

Jan 16 2010, 12:21 am TiKels Post #51

Quote from Lethal_Illusion
On the matter of Nightfall, I actually had to convince Kaias not to release it today.
Sigh... Lethal, that's it, You lose your testicle privileges.

I don't wanna hear any "oh but TiKels, it just means that it will be that much better when we release it." Thats what u said at january 1.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 18 2010, 2:56 pm by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jan 16 2010, 12:23 am stickynote Post #52

Ok, version update. Footsteps are fixed and there are twice as many zombies. The regular zombie's (zealot) damage has been doubled.
Edit: I think it's really hard to play single player now, the way it was intended to be.
Edit2: fixed another bug.

Attachments:
Drop Dead.scx
Hits: 89 Size: 549.13kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2010, 12:32 am by stickynote.

None.

Jan 16 2010, 1:06 am Neki Post #53

To anyone who's already downloaded my map, please download it again as I've fixed P3, assuming you want to use P3.

None.

Jan 16 2010, 1:25 am NudeRaider Post #54

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah why don't we just extend it another year so that sticky, sexy Taylor and all the others can finish their stuff?

Jan 16 2010, 1:28 am Neki Post #55

Well if I really wanted to, I could have put my new revision in. :P But like I said, you don't need to download it if you don't need P3. As much as I like having my map without a functional player, I don't think that'd be fun for anyone in the p3 slot.
edit: another year wouldn't hurt, maybe my map would be finished!

None.

Jan 16 2010, 2:41 am PearS Post #56

file not found when trying to dl vrael's map O_o

None.

Jan 16 2010, 3:17 am Vrael Post #57

http://cid-681c2250300dd052.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Tenebrous%20RPG.scx
Here.

None.

Jan 16 2010, 3:32 am Kenshin23 Post #58

Really?!.. submissions are in. Be thankful for the god damn 2 weeks you got already. No one should have any right to edit anything after jan14th

If so, take my map out of the competition.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2010, 3:39 am by Kenshin23.

None.

Jan 16 2010, 3:39 am Norm Post #59

I just need til like Feb 1st to get out the DEMO for my follow-up RPG to hero sanct. Extension plz?

None.

Jan 16 2010, 4:35 am stickynote Post #60

At least this challenge was able to produce some maps. Better than one or two.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum