Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (2)Vortex(n)
(2)Vortex(n)
Nov 28 2009, 9:56 pm
By: Dem0n  

Nov 28 2009, 9:56 pm Dem0n Post #1

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Here's another 2-player jungle map. The start locations are the bottom left and top right corners. The two mineral groups are stacked five times each with values of 0 (I'm not sure if this is a good idea). Not much else going on in here. Should I add another expo somewhere on the map?

Nov 28 2009, 10:08 pm Symmetry Post #2

Dungeon Master

Cliffs outside nats seem horribly exploitable for T. Seems like it would be way too easy to contain in TvP.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 29 2009, 10:28 am BeDazed Post #3

Well, it does follow some cool concept. You should widen the mid ramps, so P can execute flanking a bit easier.

None.

Dec 6 2009, 8:56 am AngerIsAGift Post #4

After looking at two melee maps here at SEN it's hard to believe that on iCCup only Korean made maps for proleague are ever used. >.>

None.

Dec 6 2009, 1:50 pm BeDazed Post #5

Well, they're more balanced. Making it look good and balancing it are completely separate things.

None.

Dec 6 2009, 6:11 pm AngerIsAGift Post #6

Quote from BeDazed
Well, they're more balanced. Making it look good and balancing it are completely separate things.

Korean maps in proleague are regularly imbalanced, take a look at outsider.

None.

Dec 6 2009, 10:33 pm BeDazed Post #7

Which is why the imbalanced ones hit the dirt faster.

None.

Dec 7 2009, 1:02 am Dem0n Post #8

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I made the expos at 6 and 12 shorter so that there's more room in the middle. Also, I put blue's geyser in the nat above the minerals so that it can be protected easier and will not get in the way of units. I know I need another pair of expos, but I don't know where to put them. Do you guys have any idea?

EDIT: I just realized that the blocked ramp leading to blue's expo disappeared. It's been re-added into the map.

Dec 7 2009, 6:03 am AngerIsAGift Post #9

Blue storm had 8 bases total and 2 of them were mineral onlies, if all your expansions are gas, I think you're good. but if you think you really need expansions I suggest hard-to-defend expansions near and/or around the middle or symmetrically placed on the middle left and middle right somewhere.

None.

Dec 7 2009, 8:26 pm Super Duper Post #10

I know that Tanks + Ebay = Win on this map.

None.

Options
  Back to forum