By: CecilSunkure
Pages: 1 2 39 >

Nov 23 2009, 5:42 pm CecilSunkure Post #1

:yahoo: So, my dream is finally realized! :yahoo:

I got into DigiPen!

The site:
https://www.digipen.edu/

The degree I'll be starting in:
https://www.digipen.edu/prospective-students/academics/degree-programs/real-time-interactive-simulation/

Woot! Feel free to ask questions, or congratulate me! Anyone else want to try and come along with me?

ANSGOASLOJGAISDJGF WOOOOOOT

:D :D :D :D :hurr:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 23 2009, 5:55 pm by CecilSunkure.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:43 pm Ashamed Post #2

Hear me Raor!!

Nice how fun!
ha!! Make some bad ass games ight!

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:45 pm CecilSunkure Post #3

Quote from Ashamed
Nice how fun!
ha!! Make some bad ass games ight!
Thanks man! Will do!

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:48 pm Ashamed Post #4

Hear me Raor!!

Work for blizzard that would be bad ass!
you can make WOS!
Make WOS for us!
lol... So just joking I would never play wos...
but what I will play is the new ff14 mmo So getting that!

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:49 pm CecilSunkure Post #5

Lool
That would be a little difficult to convince them to let me.. But anyways - :yahoo: !!

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:58 pm Neki Post #6

So do you actually live near there or are you going to have to move and live on campus? When are you going? What's it like over there? :P :ermm:

None.

Nov 23 2009, 6:26 pm scwizard Post #7

Congratulations on getting into the school of your choice.

I'm looking forward to hearing about what things are like over there.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 7:44 pm Norm Post #8

It's just college ><...

I guess you're one of those people who actually likes to go to school.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 7:48 pm Vrael Post #9

Hush, Norm, he's excited.

Congrats. Yeah, get your degree then go work for Blizzard so that SEN has a spy on the inside. :D

None.

Nov 23 2009, 7:55 pm Devourer Post #10

Hello

Quote from Norm
It's just college ><...

I guess you're one of those people who actually likes to go to school.
"Just", lol. I like to go to school as well, but I got some teachers who are total retarded... talking to us like we were total uneducated. :-(

Cecil, good luck and have fun at DigiPen :)
Going to say in this topic how it is, whether you like it and what you are doing exactly?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 23 2009, 8:00 pm Greo Post #11

Shit, congrats.
Make some crazy game for us, alright? :P

None.

Nov 23 2009, 8:56 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #12

Congratulations that you achieved your goal, and enjoy the euphoria while it lasts.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 9:16 pm Doodle77 Post #13

Congrats on achieving your goal, prepare to long for a university that actually offers more than 3 degrees.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 11:21 pm Centreri Post #14

Relatively ancient and inactive

Congratulations. My remaining response will take Doodle's comment and merge it with mine about the people in the 'Explore' section being really ugly, and mention how the architecture seems incredibly dull and lifeless at best.

Well, I shouldn't try to knock you down too much. Maybe you'll stay this excited about games through your 4+ years. Good luck.

None.

Nov 24 2009, 2:45 am CecilSunkure Post #15

Quote from Doodle77
Congrats on achieving your goal, prepare to long for a university that actually offers more than 3 degrees.
They offer six (including their accredited master's degree), and those six are completely unmatched by anything superior. Most schools teach CS in Java >.>. The school is focused, but that doesn't even mean the only place I'll be able to work in is the gaming industry.

Quote from Greo
Shit, congrats.
Make some crazy game for us, alright? :P
Will do, asap :D

Quote from Devourer
Going to say in this topic how it is, whether you like it and what you are doing exactly?
Were you talking to me, or Norm? I'm going for their RTIS program, which is a Bachelor's degree of Science in Real Time Interactive Simulation. Although, after Freshman year, I will be apply to switch into their BSGD program -if the RTIS doesn't interest me as much as I thought it would.

Quote from name:Ultimo
So do you actually live near there or are you going to have to move and live on campus? When are you going? What's it like over there? :P :ermm:
I'll have to move over there from out of state. Over there, it's a suburb of Seattle, so it's pretty dense. The school is a mile or two away from a Microsoft skyscraper, there is golf course practically across the street, a couple nearby malls, plenty of apartments to stay in (no dorms) that are in walking distance of either the main campus or art campus. I'll be moving over I believe in early September.

Quote from Centreri
Well, I shouldn't try to knock you down too much. Maybe you'll stay this excited about games through your 4+ years. Good luck.
Though I will be making games, most students don't make games until their sophomore year. The first year is heavy mathematics and computer science. Only a few students learn enough about graphical displays on their own through the rigorous math and CS classes to make fully functional games -from scratch.

I'll be attending anywhere from 4-7 years, hopefully just 6, but we'll see.

DigiPen <3 :yahoo:

None.

Nov 24 2009, 2:47 am Centreri Post #16

Relatively ancient and inactive

May you have a big, great happiness!

None.

Nov 24 2009, 2:48 am Norm Post #17

I wish for you, all the best.

None.

Nov 24 2009, 3:05 am CecilSunkure Post #18

Thanks you two :D

None.