Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Updates 11.22.2009
Updates 11.22.2009
Nov 22 2009, 5:24 pm
By: Moose  

Nov 25 2009, 12:12 am BlueWolf Post #21

You should have set the clan forums to invisible while you were at it. At least until SC2.

None.

Nov 25 2009, 2:49 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #22

Just here for the activity... well not really

How about a cloaking symbol for the forum?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 27 2009, 5:17 am UnholyUrine Post #23

How does one view a member's severity ?? :\

None.

Nov 27 2009, 5:18 am CecilSunkure Post #24

Quote from UnholyUrine
Click on their name, then admin, then scroll down ;o

None.

Nov 27 2009, 5:24 am Vrael Post #25

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
In general, a member's current severity should never actually factor into determining severity of a moderation. What I mean by that is things such as "oh he has no points a few won't hurt" and "oh, one more point and we can get rid of this guy" should never be the rationalization for any decisions. I like to assume all my moderators would have assumed that without me mentioning it, but better safe than sorry.
Is this intended to stop locally timed repeat offenses from "snowballing" severity as well? Say someone posts some crap in SD and I remove it with 1 severity, and he does it again 2 more times @ 1 severity each time, then I PM him, he does it again so I give him 2 severity instead of 1, and maybe the next time 3 instead of 2? Or is that scenario perfectly acceptable within reasonable bounds?

None.

Nov 27 2009, 12:32 pm Symmetry Post #26

Dungeon Master

Quote from Vrael
In general, a member's current severity should never actually factor into determining severity of a moderation. What I mean by that is things such as "oh he has no points a few won't hurt" and "oh, one more point and we can get rid of this guy" should never be the rationalization for any decisions. I like to assume all my moderators would have assumed that without me mentioning it, but better safe than sorry.
Is this intended to stop locally timed repeat offenses from "snowballing" severity as well? Say someone posts some crap in SD and I remove it with 1 severity, and he does it again 2 more times @ 1 severity each time, then I PM him, he does it again so I give him 2 severity instead of 1, and maybe the next time 3 instead of 2? Or is that scenario perfectly acceptable within reasonable bounds?

Based on the way Moose has given me severity, I'd say that's reasonable.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 27 2009, 2:38 pm Moose Post #27

We live in a society.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Similar to warn levels, you can only view your own unless you are a moderator.

Quote from Vrael
That scenario is indeed acceptable. Current severity and previous offenses are not the same thing.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 27 2009, 3:30 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Nov 27 2009, 2:43 pm poiuy_qwert Post #28

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from UnholyUrine
Click on their name, then admin, then scroll down ;o
Maybe if your a moderator or looking at yourself ;o

Options
  Back to forum