Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Diplomacy: Empires
Diplomacy: Empires
Sep 20 2009, 12:38 pm
By: Excalibur
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Jul 13 2014, 2:14 am Excalibur Post #81

The sword and the faith

Map production has resumed! Currently testing my release candidate for v1.00. Gov systems have been implemented as well as different game modes.

-Classic
-No capital capturing.
-Govts are in effect.
-Kill everyone to win.

-Conquer
-Capitals are in effect.
-Govts are in effect.
-Control all Capitals to win.

-Kings
-Start out with a King, he dies, you lose. All enemy Kings die, you win.
-Govts are not in effect.
-Capitals are not in effect.

-Conquer & Kings
-Start out with a King, he dies, you lose.
-Capitals are in effect.
-Govts are not in effect.
-Control all Capitals or kill all enemy Kings to win.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 14 2014, 2:49 pm Riney Post #82

Thigh high affectionado

Something I wanted to bring up here, because I believe Lingie is correct in his statement. Tanks should cost minerals instead of just gas. They are structures after all, but of course can move because they're on wheels. This would slow down the golden age teching process, however would allow the player to expand much greater than a player who isn't ready to take out cannons yet.

Just a thought, mostly just wanted to post to make this thread seem alive again, 'cause.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

May 30 2015, 8:39 pm Excalibur Post #83

The sword and the faith

1.02b released.

Working with Moose to speed up the map a bit and improve balance of early with ups vs later age units.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 19 2015, 1:08 am Moose Post #84

We live in a society.

Changes I would recommend (in case you don't scroll back through your battle.net chat):

- Randomly unbuildable grass tile in northern Israel.
- Drop in a Marine or two for the absent players. I took Israel easily as Egypt by Dark Swarm and slipping SCVs through because there is literally nothing at the unoccupied capital.
- Increase upgrade base time, decrease upgrade time factor.
- Certain P12 units (Civs, DTs, etc.) can be removed for players who have left/lost.
- Use preplaced P9-11 Civs for wonder completions, age civilians, etc to get around CCMU.
- Going to 1 + 25 for DTs was probably a bad idea.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 19 2015, 1:54 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jun 19 2015, 11:32 pm Excalibur Post #85

The sword and the faith

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Changes I would recommend (in case you don't scroll back through your battle.net chat):

- Randomly unbuildable grass tile in northern Israel.
- Drop in a Marine or two for the absent players. I took Israel easily as Egypt by Dark Swarm and slipping SCVs through because there is literally nothing at the unoccupied capital.
- Increase upgrade base time, decrease upgrade time factor.
- Certain P12 units (Civs, DTs, etc.) can be removed for players who have left/lost.
- Use preplaced P9-11 Civs for wonder completions, age civilians, etc to get around CCMU.
- Going to 1 + 25 for DTs was probably a bad idea.
Most of these now implemented. Beta A5 coming out shortly.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 22 2015, 3:18 am Moose Post #86

We live in a society.

Another list:

- Figure out if desyncs were caused by that doodad sprite or fog bugs. (note the lack of desync in the sprites-removed version) Ideally someone can discover how to reliably desync so it can be fixed.
- Anglos still have a double geyser start.
- Anglos double geyser on hill (southeast of start), lower geyser, will get a worker stuck underneath it.
- I have to admit that +2 cracklings may actually be too strong. Suggestion for balance is to remove zergling attack speed. You may want to hold off on this until Anglos don't have a double geyser start, since that makes a big difference. (And they really don't need it, so they could be broken more because of that.)
- +12 damage is too high for the Roman Legions. (I probably would have a lot more to say on balancing, but I'd have to get into the map or get a listing of all units/buildings.)
- Still suggesting adding zealot speed for regular zealots. Even though you said no, writing it down so it was known it was suggested.
- We should do some games without specials turned on. Most strategies seem to involve spamming specials, so I'm curious to see how games would play out without them. Specials tend to dominate games rather than being a nice bonus.

Jun 22 2015, 11:14 am Excalibur Post #87

The sword and the faith

- Figure out if desyncs were caused by that doodad sprite or fog bugs. (note the lack of desync in the sprites-removed version) Ideally someone can discover how to reliably desync so it can be fixed.
Found out I had correct doodads on map load on which is why sprites came back. We'll do some more spriteless testing with fog removed.

- Anglos still have a double geyser start.
Fixed.

- Anglos double geyser on hill (southeast of start), lower geyser, will get a worker stuck underneath it.
Fixed.

- I have to admit that +2 cracklings may actually be too strong. Suggestion for balance is to remove zergling attack speed. You may want to hold off on this until Anglos don't have a double geyser start, since that makes a big difference. (And they really don't need it, so they could be broken more because of that.)
Dropped to +1 and dropped 1hp.

- +12 damage is too high for the Roman Legions. (I probably would have a lot more to say on balancing, but I'd have to get into the map or get a listing of all units/buildings.)
Dropped to +8 and dropped regular legions to +6. Lowered base damage by 2 on both.

- Still suggesting adding zealot speed for regular zealots. Even though you said no, writing it down so it was known it was suggested.
Doing it for just Zeals doesn't fit the map and to fit it too many other ups would be necessary.

- We should do some games without specials turned on. Most strategies seem to involve spamming specials, so I'm curious to see how games would play out without them. Specials tend to dominate games rather than being a nice bonus.
A good idea for sure but I think it would just go Lings -> Iron -> Gol/Tank -> Gold -> Zlot/Goon -> Reaver for stalemates. We can certainly try though since it is an interesting prospect.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 28 2015, 2:29 pm Moose Post #88

We live in a society.

New list:

- Celts start with double geysers. They really don't need it.
- Celts have 14 geysers instead of 15.
- The worker on Celts double geyser on the hill (southeast of start), lower geyser, will get a worker stuck below it. (I'm noting the correct one this time, lel)
- Specials need to be created in a safe spot and moved over to prevent unplacable errors.
- IMO, something needs to be done about water crossings. They can be completely sealed off if one player sticks enough units in there to force all other units to place already on the beacon back. Or if not, then enough to make them a total death trap where you just can't get over fast enough.

Jun 28 2015, 5:16 pm Excalibur Post #89

The sword and the faith

-Re-did all Celts unit placement and fixed all issues.
-Not doing safe create, at least not right now.
-I can modify location sizes but water crossings are meant to be chokes. Usually tanks or reavers can clear up a piled crossing pretty quick.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 29 2015, 8:16 pm Moose Post #90

We live in a society.

Quote from Excalibur
-Not doing safe create, at least not right now.
If you're too lazy, I volunteer.

Quote from Excalibur
-I can modify location sizes but water crossings are meant to be chokes. Usually tanks or reavers can clear up a piled crossing pretty quick.
If they can reach.
Also, size isn't the problem when there are so many units in the location that new units get placed on the beacon going in the other direction.

Also: Option to get a RANDOM START?!

Jun 29 2015, 11:18 pm Dem0n Post #91

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Random starts always make things more interesting for people who've played the map a bunch. It certainly made Diplomacy: World a lot more interesting when Inferno added randomization in. ;o

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum