Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 71 72 73 74 75117 >

Apr 2 2010, 7:04 am rockz Post #1441

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

that's why you fast forward. Did I mention it was 4v5? IDK I'm just not getting kills with her. Only thing I hate is that her bat blast has a range of 400.

Also, when did Arach's slow stop being a spell? I don't get a charge from it on power supply.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 2 2010, 7:43 am poison_us Post #1442

Back* from the grave

Why all this talk, but nobody other than myself and "FriedLlamas" in channel SEN?

Apr 2 2010, 2:30 pm Decency Post #1443

Bat blast has 700 range. =o

Arachna's slow stopped being a spell when they ported Vindicator.

I don't play HoN at 8 AM. -.-

None.

Apr 3 2010, 3:18 am ForTheSwarm Post #1444

I'm replying to something old, but:

If you are facing low-mana enemies (armadon, witch) as vindicator, pump glaives/stats instead.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 9:34 pm rockz Post #1445

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from name:FaZ-
Bat blast has 700 range. =o

Arachna's slow stopped being a spell when they ported Vindicator.

meant haunt.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 3 2010, 10:22 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1446

I play HoN at 5 AM.

None.

Apr 4 2010, 3:41 am poison_us Post #1447

Back* from the grave

Quote from OlimarandLouie
I play HoN at 5 AM.
It was 3 AM when I posted that...

Apr 4 2010, 4:27 am OlimarandLouie Post #1448

Quote from poison_us
I play HoN at 5 AM.
You are wrong again :bleh: it says 1:34 AM

None.

Apr 4 2010, 6:27 am poison_us Post #1449

Back* from the grave

Quote from poison_us
I play HoN at 5 AM.
You are wrong again :bleh: it says 1:34 AM
I see what you did there :wut:

Apr 4 2010, 4:18 pm Sand Wraith Post #1450

she/her

Ever heard of timezones? Yea, it's a pretty modern invention, only about everyone knows about it.

Apr 5 2010, 2:58 am poison_us Post #1451

Back* from the grave

:wut:
NO WAY! April Fool's was totally 3 days ago...you're kidding, right?

Apr 5 2010, 8:12 am Fashioned Post #1452

Quote from rockz
EM Games are harder to play because the skill involved is greater. If one player is clearly better than the rest, he will be able to get multiple kills per death and outlevel everyone else quickly. Every time you die, you lose a large amount of potential gold and experience.
Wrong. Less of a skill gap in EM means noobs have a better chance of winning while good players have worse chance relative to normal mode. That's why bad players prefer EM, because they have a better chance of winning against people better then them. The best analogy I can think of is comparing a competitive game of tic-tac-toe to competitive chess. EM being tic-tac-toe where the difference between a new player and a 'professional' is almost meaningless, while normal mode would be like chess where the difference between a new player and a pro is years and years of practice and skill.

None.

Apr 5 2010, 2:11 pm Lingie Post #1453

Quote from Fashioned
Quote from rockz
EM Games are harder to play because the skill involved is greater. If one player is clearly better than the rest, he will be able to get multiple kills per death and outlevel everyone else quickly. Every time you die, you lose a large amount of potential gold and experience.
Wrong. Less of a skill gap in EM means noobs have a better chance of winning while good players have worse chance relative to normal mode. That's why bad players prefer EM, because they have a better chance of winning against people better then them. The best analogy I can think of is comparing a competitive game of tic-tac-toe to competitive chess. EM being tic-tac-toe where the difference between a new player and a 'professional' is almost meaningless, while normal mode would be like chess where the difference between a new player and a pro is years and years of practice and skill.

I'm going to agree with rockz. One fuck up can cost the game. The same isn't applied to normal, unless its a really bad fuckup, usually later in the game.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Apr 5 2010, 4:27 pm Sand Wraith Post #1454

she/her

The only skills required in EM games are staying alive and picking a 5-carry team (rumour has it that 4-carry + Tempest/Behemoth/Jeraziah works really well too). All else is null and void.
Getting kills is not as rewarding as pushing a lane, which involves getting last hits on creeps and taking down a tower.
Dying is only so punishing because Heroes get so much gold and EXP from creeps. But since it's so easy to just go back and farm a bit to recover, dying is only a temporary setback. I.e. "potential" gold and EXP loss is actually very fleeting, since when the enemy Heroes go off to gank, they will arguably lose whatever boost they got from killing you in running across the map.

Also, games tend to be faster due to the fact that early and middle games are half as short. Games are only ever one by whoever has the most carries or Jer/Behe/Temp.
If one player is "clearly better than the rest," then of course that team will win. Same applies to normal games, except to a greater degree since recovering is actually difficult.

Apr 5 2010, 6:34 pm ShredderIV Post #1455

Well, looks like, due to a large mistake of mine, I will not be able to play any HON for one or two weeks. I managed somehow to leave my power cord for my laptop at my house, 2 hours away from my school...

And with a new hero possibly being released this week... this sucks.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 12:29 am Neki Post #1456

two hours is nothing. I use to bus to my school for an hour and a half every day, there and back. just go get it.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 12:37 am Excalibur Post #1457

The sword and the faith

When I repair my PC, I'm not going to play EM anymore, and I told my friends I refuse to play with them until they switch as well. I wonder how this will go, seeing as how they're as averse to change as solid stone. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 6 2010, 2:59 am ShredderIV Post #1458

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
two hours is nothing. I use to bus to my school for an hour and a half every day, there and back. just go get it.
O yeah it would be nothing for me if I could drive myself. Unfortunately for me, my parents don't want to drive a four hour round trip just to bring me my power cord :/

And it's not really an extremely important issue besides the fact that I can't play HON, since many other people in my dorm have the same laptop as me so I can borrow their power cords.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 11:20 am Lingie Post #1459

Quote from Excalibur
When I repair my PC, I'm not going to play EM anymore, and I told my friends I refuse to play with them until they switch as well. I wonder how this will go, seeing as how they're as averse to change as solid stone. :P

Ex, why is yo' shit always busted?

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Apr 6 2010, 2:25 pm Excalibur Post #1460

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Darkling
Quote from Excalibur

Ex, why is yo' shit always busted?
It isn't always busted. I've had maybe two problems in the last year, that isn't bad all things considered. Why don't you tell me why you still haven't fixed your other PC? :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 71 72 73 74 75117 >
  Back to forum