Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 104 105 106 107 108117 >

May 15 2011, 4:21 am Decency Post #2101

The forums quote is from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, really good book and even better series:
"There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will ever tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the only rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you."

The luck quote is anon.

I have a full few pages of quotes I like; very few apply to gaming. If you're actually curious I threw the most recent ones up on a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/1SwpUq4z

None.

May 20 2011, 8:22 pm Sand Wraith Post #2102

she/her

Very interesting new patch, http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=262926

Lots of changes. Lots of gimmicks, it feels like, too. Melee carries definitely have an easier time with farming now. Will this also affect ranged ones? FA seems to be a carry for push teams now. Rework to Fayde and changes to Andro, interesting, but I don't understand why Andro was changed so much.

Jeraziah change feels completely unnecessary.

A lot of stuns are more powerful initially; probably for a FASTER, MORE INTENSE game.

EDIT:

Wow, Slither just got owned. Sort of. Wonder if we're gonna see Frostbrand Slithers now to make up for lack of slow...

Tort nerfs. Amazing.

May 20 2011, 9:33 pm Decency Post #2103

Looks like a decent balance patch, though I really wish they'd start using Dev mode.

Melee carries definitely have an easier time with farming now.

This isn't true. One creep every 30 seconds isn't going to do anything, and there's no guarantee he'll even get it. I expect this to see use on mid heroes who have difficulty laning like Thunderbringer, Pebbles, etc. if anyone at all.

Biggest nerfs are to Andromeda, Slither, Torturer, and Puppet Master. They all needed it. Bubbles and Hellbringer took slight hits and they both needed it, too.

Few other things:
- Agree on Jeraziah.
- Andromeda was fucking ridiculous in tri-lanes because she would get Level 1 stun and max Aura and Aurora to spam damage. Her swap ensures carries won't die for mistakes and she basically had no mana issues.
- Slither still has two slows, so no. He has better things to build and isn't that great of a carry anyway.
- FA has always been a pushing carry, her skeletons kill towers so fast. Now her ultimate is just stupid, though. It never fit on her to begin with but it had the role of creep clearing when she didn't have cleave.

They didn't really do anything about trilanes, so meh.

None.

May 21 2011, 2:55 am Sand Wraith Post #2104

she/her

Tried the hatchet, worthless gimmick, shouldn't have been hopeful.

Ult on FA still has use in certain situations though, e.g.

Otherwise, can't really comment.

May 21 2011, 4:07 pm ShredderIV Post #2105

Yeah, i feel like FA would have done a lot better with a different ultimate from the beginning. I feel like, with her role as a ganker/carry, something like a massive wave slow thing would have helped her keep that role. Her ultimate right now doesnt suite her playstyle, and actually i might consider waiting on it and leveling splitshot before it. I like the split shot change though, as it actually buffed her carrying potential imo.

None.

May 22 2011, 11:06 pm Sand Wraith Post #2106

she/her

Well, I dunno about FA's ult being as bad as you say. I think it fits her role as an AGI push-carry quite well, especially when facing much larger creep waves in the mid and late games. If her ult was reworked a little bit to be stronger against creeps or something similar (shorter CD, lower mana cost, buffed damage vs. creeps, larger area, etc.) then she'd be perfect. If you pit her with someone like Tempest, who can be played as an insane pusher, with Temp ult and FA ult, there is some pretty nasty synergy going on already. Her ult can clear creep waves faster than PP and Defiler can individually, both of whom are key components of pushing strategies and would rather save their mana for team fights.

Although, if FA's ult had a slow added to it, I think that'd be great too. Or if it had a greater AoE, so that it wasn't so trivial to talk out from underneath.

May 23 2011, 3:36 am ShredderIV Post #2107

That actually gave me an idea, what if a hero was made that had a spell specifically designed to farm with? Not like SS's hands, but like, a skill that specifically did more damage to creeps to farm them better. Would be interesting to see if it would work.

But yeah, on topic, your reasons are exactly why i might consider actually just getting lvl 1 ulti on her and maxing split shot first on her now. It really is only strong if you have a large long-term disable to use with it, or else just to cause a bit of long range damage in teamfights. Now with her split shot change though, it might do a higher dps than the ultimate in most situations.

None.

May 24 2011, 10:05 pm Sand Wraith Post #2108

she/her

DDoS attacks on HoN servers again. Very annoying; how else will I waste my fucking life!?

May 30 2011, 12:22 pm LoveLess Post #2109

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

The DDoS attacks seemed to have stopped, I have been able to log in all day and the current user count is at 25k.

None.

May 30 2011, 8:16 pm NudeRaider Post #2110

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

It's still flaky though. I often get authorization errors upon connecting.

May 31 2011, 1:27 am Sand Wraith Post #2111

she/her

WHY WON'T EXCALIBUR PLAY WITH SEN ANYMORE!?
T_T

Jun 2 2011, 9:52 am Neki Post #2112

Quote from Sand Wraith
WHY WON'T EXCALIBUR PLAY WITH SEN ANYMORE!?
T_T
SEN sucks at HoN, news at 11.

None.

Jun 2 2011, 10:42 am NudeRaider Post #2113

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Neki
You don't get to make such comments since you're not even playing.

Jun 2 2011, 11:56 am Decency Post #2114

Quote from Neki

None.

Jun 3 2011, 1:25 am Sand Wraith Post #2115

she/her

Since I started my meds, I lost 100 MMR. Coincidence? I think not.

Jun 3 2011, 5:44 am Riney Post #2116

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Neki
You don't get to make such comments since you're not even playing.

Considering the lack of any balance in the game, I cant blame him

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 3 2011, 6:38 am Decency Post #2117

HoN is pretty balanced. Far more balanced than SC2 at low levels. At high levels, the hero pool is pretty stale however and melee heroes that aren't named Pebbles, Pharaoh, Magmus, or Behemoth haven't been useful in quite a long time.

None.

Jun 3 2011, 8:35 am Riney Post #2118

Thigh high affectionado

You forgot Deadwood

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 3 2011, 8:59 am Decency Post #2119

Deadwood is trash. He gets good K:D scores but contributes nothing to teamfights and after the laning phase does very little against a well coordinated team. There are many far better gankers.

None.

Jun 4 2011, 9:42 pm Sand Wraith Post #2120

she/her

HORY SHITU, HoN is down again. There is nothing to do, AGAIN.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 104 105 106 107 108117 >
  Back to forum