Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: How good are you at games?
How good are you at games?
Sep 14 2009, 12:16 am
By: Fierce  

Sep 20 2009, 12:45 pm Centreri Post #21

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'm not that good at AoS's. But, I'll elaborate on my Diplo skillz, because everyone else is saying more than I am.

On old map nights when Phantom was popular (largely thanks to me :D), I dominated it, despite being craptastic in melee. Not exactly a Diplo, but rather close. I believe Krayzee made a few rants about how I was always winning because I knew everyone's strategies (despite the fact that I didn't, and because I was always winning, everyone knew mine).

Of the WCIII AoS's I'm good at, there's Battle Tanks and Battleships. Battleships I'm usually in the top three of any given game, often top. I really go for a bad strategy on purpose just to make it more interesting; last few games I went sailor -> 3500 shell and kept that until someone got something that I couldn't compete with. Really, that for 5000 gold I could increase my life sevenfold and that I still dominate with this is really impressive, methinks. In battletanks, I'm not godlike, and sometimes I screw up and play badly, but I'm overall very good. If anyone else is interested, I can describe my strategies, but I don't think anyone else plays this.

In Diplos, as I'm said, I'm godlike. In Rise of China, I won first time playing; I won second time playing; I lost third time playing because I got teamed as Qingdao by both Mongolia and Korea when I chose advancement over their massing, but I won fourth time playing. I didn't play a fifth time. While playing Greece, I don't believe I ever actually lost. I always find a way to end up on the winning side, and even if I'm not the driving power behind victory, I win. When a game ago I got backstabbed and they gave me three bases to work with, I built up and was the deciding factor between who wins (invaded Crete). I never lost in 'Shattered Kingdom', lost two times out of maybe forty games of Civilization III, lost one of five games of Civilization IV and lost none of three games of Civilization RT. I lost once in the whole genre of crappy build-moneymakers-unbalanced-army 'diplos', like Medieval Builder, though I didn't always emerge #1. Admittedly, I don't play those games a lot. I never got close to losing Lords of Europe (~10 games), lost Europa only first time playing, etc.

Anyway, I own at diplos. SC-based, I didn't play them so well, but I was always good at Civilization and I won Diplomacy 2.8 first time playing. Not as #1, but we made an alliance.

Ex, WCIII account? You still play? I played rise of China with Crimson Magnum and a few of my WCIII-friends yesterday, great (and easy) game.

None.

Sep 20 2009, 12:53 pm Excalibur Post #22

The sword and the faith

I don't play anymore. I only played for DOTA and HoN has rendered DOTA obsolete in my mind.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 20 2009, 1:03 pm Centreri Post #23

Relatively ancient and inactive

Dat be a shame.

None.

Sep 21 2009, 7:23 am Syphon Post #24

Quote from Lord Malvanis
Video games..I usually master every video game I play in the first hour of playing it (Except RTS games.)
My friends will start complaining because I kick their ass too much.
I'll say now I'm not a huge fan of Naruto, but I do like the games and how the fighting works.
So to prove I'm good, heres a video of me playing against the computer on insane.
(Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQcphK2OPGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yUATU7_VRI&feature=related

Can you master that in an hour? :P

Quote from Symmetry
Quote from Excalibur
It seems like with every game, SC included, I rise to the higher end of the group I play with (Dominated Mod Nights).

Hey now, that's not fair. You were never able to dominate me unless you had better knowledge of the mod :P

I don't think I lost many games when I'd played the mod before.

Doodle won a lot too.

None.

Sep 21 2009, 1:36 pm Symmetry Post #25

Dungeon Master

Quote from Syphon

IIRC we usually team up because we know we can beat everyone :P I remember playing actual melee against you a long time ago with friends of mine and we were on opposite teams and I won. Perhaps we'll have to play some melee some time ;o I'm curious as to how rusty I really am :P

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Sep 21 2009, 2:04 pm ShredderIV Post #26

Me n my bro make a pretty good team in super mario strikers for the wii, lol...

Otherwise i play a pretty mean ts.

Probably the game i'm best at is super smash bros. brawl, me n some of my friends play like fiends, and they even have stuff such as modded controllers, but none of us have really entered into tournaments or anything.

None.

Sep 22 2009, 6:52 am Syphon Post #27

Quote from Symmetry
Quote from Syphon

IIRC we usually team up because we know we can beat everyone :P I remember playing actual melee against you a long time ago with friends of mine and we were on opposite teams and I won. Perhaps we'll have to play some melee some time ;o I'm curious as to how rusty I really am :P

o rite.

SECRET ALLIANCE?!

None.

Sep 22 2009, 2:36 pm rockz Post #28

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

lol

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 24 2009, 11:30 pm Alzarath Post #29

Praetor

I love video games. They are my life. But I fail at them...

and therefore fail at life.

None.

Options
  Back to forum