Your Music
Oct 16 2007, 2:22 am
By: Loser_Musician
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 610 >

Dec 28 2008, 6:25 pm The Great Yam Post #61

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dEW4ezatw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNcWzTiOGc&feature=related

New cover and new version of another cover. Got some other stuff I need to get uploaded off my old computer.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 10:23 pm ToA Post #62

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from The Great Yam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dEW4ezatw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNcWzTiOGc&feature=related

New cover and new version of another cover. Got some other stuff I need to get uploaded off my old computer.

were you being serious with with where did you sleep last night?

Dec 31 2008, 5:50 pm The Great Yam Post #63

I don't really record novelty versions. I didn't put in kazoos or slide flutes, so I think it's say to say, yes I was being serious.

I generally don't sing with alot of restraint.

None.

Dec 31 2008, 8:04 pm ToA Post #64

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from The Great Yam
I don't really record novelty versions. I didn't put in kazoos or slide flutes, so I think it's say to say, yes I was being serious.

I generally don't sing with a lot of restraint.

you really didn't do good singing.

all i can say.

Dec 31 2008, 8:26 pm Kellimus Post #65

Quote from ToA
Quote from The Great Yam

all i can say.

And sweetness for him?

Can you prove you can do a better job?

....Instead of just saying: "You sucked", why not try to add a bit more 'reason' as to why he 'sucked'??

It adds much more intelligible subject to a discussion...

I haven't checked it out yet Yam but when I get the time, i'll give you my critique :)

None.

Dec 31 2008, 9:17 pm ToA Post #66

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from ToA
Quote from The Great Yam

all i can say.

And sweetness for him?

....Instead of just saying: "You sucked", why not try to add a bit more 'reason' as to why he 'sucked'??

I haven't checked it out yet Yam but when I get the time, i'll give you my critique :)

yeah i could, actually, i've listened to many versions of the song, the singing in those songs are way better than what he sang, guitar is alright. and he sings out of key many times from what i hear.

Jan 1 2009, 12:14 am The Great Yam Post #67

Uh, I wouldn't post you as an authority on "on key", from what I've heard, but there is an element of emotive singing versus technical singing. I liked the recording, and I wanted over people to hear it. If you don't like it, that's fine.

Did you listen to the other one? =P And yes, my guitar is out of tune in both recordings, I kinda retuned it, but there was something I liked about both.

None.

Jan 7 2009, 4:43 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #68

👻 👾 👽 💪

I've been trying to write random little tunes, maybe if I finish one I should attempt to play it [well] and post it. ;o Trying to push my friend into saving more than normal so he can get whatever bass it was he wanted. That'd make the songs so much better.

Also, Wilhelm, you should link me to more of your stuff as you upload it. It's not really a style I am a fan of, but I still think it sounds good.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 7 2009, 4:23 pm Dapperdan Post #69

Quote from ToA
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from ToA
Quote from The Great Yam

all i can say.

And sweetness for him?

yeah i could, actually, i've listened to many versions of the song, the singing in those songs are way better than what he sang, guitar is alright. and he sings out of key many times from what i hear.

Toa I swear to god you are musically retarded. "In The Pines" is an awesome song and I think Wilhelm did a pretty good job. What's more annoying is that you can't recognize that he doesn't care if he goes out of key sometimes. It has more emotion that way.

Wilhelm, I much prefered the "In The Pines" cover to the "Baby Please Don't Go" cover. The guitar in the second one is just unsettling. Even if that's what it is supposed to sound like I don't like it. So much muting that sounds like it doesn't belong. Also, that song just by nature just comes off really repetitive and just gets annoying.

None.

Jan 7 2009, 11:21 pm ToA Post #70

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from ToA
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from ToA
Quote from The Great Yam

all i can say.

And sweetness for him?

Toa I swear to god you are musically retarded. "In The Pines" is an awesome song and I think Wilhelm did a pretty good job. What's more annoying is that you can't recognize that he doesn't care if he goes out of key sometimes. It has more emotion that way.

oh my, if singing off key gives off emotion i'll give you a shitload of it.

i like in the pines, just not his rendition.

Jan 8 2009, 1:57 am The Great Yam Post #71

Alright, that's fine with me.

None.

Jan 8 2009, 3:32 am Kellimus Post #72

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from ToA
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from ToA
Quote from The Great Yam

all i can say.

And sweetness for him?

Wilhelm, I much prefered the "In The Pines" cover to the "Baby Please Don't Go" cover. The guitar in the second one is just unsettling. Even if that's what it is supposed to sound like I don't like it. So much muting that sounds like it doesn't belong. Also, that song just by nature just comes off really repetitive and just gets annoying.

Since when did going off key from the scale you're currently in, add 'emotion'?

Hmm.. Maybe that's why I hate music with words so much, hahahaha but no seriously, it goes against Music Theory and music in general....

None.

Jan 8 2009, 3:55 am The Great Yam Post #73

Well, think of it like this: A man dying in a bed in the deep rural south, poor as dirt, half-blind might not sing IN KEY, but that mofo is probably going to put alot of emotion in it. A drunken hobo with no bed to sleep on can sing some powerful stuff. Granted, I'm not particularly poor or homeless, and I don't live in the South, but sometimes I think it'd help.

It's not that singing off-key is emotional, just sometimes the emotional content is more important than equal temperament. Besides, was I really so off that we need to fill a whole page with discussion of this? I know, I have a shakey, inconsistent voice, and I really am not in key alot of the time, but I try to never perform lazily or disconnect myself from the music. I try to be honest and passionate, and I guess it still sounds like piss. Whatever. I doubt you even like this style of music.

Did you even listen, Kelly? =P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 8 2009, 4:00 am by The Great Yam.

None.

Jan 8 2009, 4:53 am Dapperdan Post #74

Quote from The Great Yam
Well, think of it like this: A man dying in a bed in the deep rural south, poor as dirt, half-blind might not sing IN KEY, but that mofo is probably going to put alot of emotion in it. A drunken hobo with no bed to sleep on can sing some powerful stuff. Granted, I'm not particularly poor or homeless, and I don't live in the South, but sometimes I think it'd help.

It's not that singing off-key is emotional, just sometimes the emotional content is more important than equal temperament. Besides, was I really so off that we need to fill a whole page with discussion of this? I know, I have a shakey, inconsistent voice, and I really am not in key alot of the time, but I try to never perform lazily or disconnect myself from the music. I try to be honest and passionate, and I guess it still sounds like piss. Whatever. I doubt you even like this style of music.

This. I did not mean to say that singing out of key is directly correlated to singing out of key. But if you sing with a less restraint and more 'honestly'/passion, you may tend to go out of key more... but inherently there is more emotion in the singing. It's not that you can't have emotion and sing on key either. I'm just trying to point out that it's OK to sing out of key if you know what you're doing.

You're talking to a guy who likes Bright Eyes and Neutral Milk Hotel... what do you expect. ^^

None.

Jan 9 2009, 5:26 am HolySin Post #75

Here's a piece of background guitar music. I'll probably tweak it more in the future.

Attachments:
ThisGuitarOfMine.mp3
Hits: 9 Size: 1394.42kb

None.

Jan 10 2009, 8:17 am Kellimus Post #76

Quote from The Great Yam

Yes :P I was just going off of the music theory.. I usually don't listen to music outside the realm of EDM because to me its all rehashed bs....... But I liked the song, banjos are awesome.

At least they sounded like Banjos, hehe.

None.

Jan 10 2009, 8:21 am Kellimus Post #77

Quote from HolySin
Here's a piece of background guitar music. I'll probably tweak it more in the future.

I would run that stuff through an EQ... Those hi's are killer to the ears.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 1:37 am Rantent Post #78

Yeah, Bass is required. It also seems like your hitting a resonance frequency on some strings, makes it sound like theres some thumb piano playing or something.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 4:16 am HolySin Post #79

Heh, it was recorded using a head phone mic and a guitar.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 7:47 am Kellimus Post #80

Quote from HolySin
Heh, it was recorded using a head phone mic and a guitar.

That explains the dirty sound ;-P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 610 >
  Back to forum