Starforge:Ultimate
Aug 18 2009, 4:01 am
By: Heimdal
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Aug 19 2009, 9:50 pm samsizzle Post #61

dont forget about copy/cut/paste units/doodads/sprites/terrain

None.

Aug 19 2009, 10:09 pm LoveLess Post #62

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I have completely left the original Trigger Editor and perform it entirely in the text syntax format. Something that I have always wanted is the ability to find, replace, replace all, etc. so I would never have to open N++ while I am editing. I am sure people have expressed the desire for MacroTriggers, but I am again reiterating on it. I still, to this day, use Notepad++ just for these little things. Please, please... PLEASE add this.

None.

Aug 19 2009, 10:36 pm Falkoner Post #63

I wouldn't mind having an extra file with each map, like a map editor file, that contains information for the editor only, like trigger comments, it would give you more options, and it'd be great for simplifying mapping.

None.

Aug 19 2009, 11:11 pm Clokr_ Post #64

Quote from Falkoner
I wouldn't mind having an extra file with each map, like a map editor file, that contains information for the editor only, like trigger comments, it would give you more options, and it'd be great for simplifying mapping.

Custom brushes are supposed to be saved in files inside the .scm / .scx. Other stuff could also be saved there.
We should add an option for saving a final release version of the map removing all the editor-related stuff to make the final map smaller...

Also, for all of you talking about trigger comments taking up string space:

Quote from Heimdal
As you can see in the String Table screenshot, SF:U can identify strings that are only used in non-critical items - that is, location names, switch names, comments, etc. When you save your map, you have the option of saving these strings in a secondary string table, so they don't take up room in the main one. SC ignores this table and the map will play as normal. No other editor will be able to correctly use a map saved like this, but SF:U can switch between saving modes easily if you need to use another editor. Similarly SF:U can turn string recycling on or off, so it can play nicely with editors that don't support recycling. It's also an easy way to unrecycle strings if you have a map that already has them recycled.

?????

Aug 19 2009, 11:17 pm Falkoner Post #65

Custom brushes are supposed to be saved in files inside the .scm / .scx. Other stuff could also be saved there.
We should add an option for saving a final release version of the map removing all the editor-related stuff to make the final map smaller...

Wait, no way, so you guys can just add extra crap into the map as you please? Do people also download this when they download the map from you?

And yes, I'd love to see the Final Release and such added again, it's a good idea, and if you can come up with some epic compression, that'd make it all the better :)

Of course, now that I think of it, being able to extract that excess data and put it into an external file should also be possible.

None.

Aug 19 2009, 11:19 pm Clokr_ Post #66

Quote from Falkoner

Wait, no way, so you guys can just add extra crap into the map as you please? Do people also download this when they download the map from you?

And yes, I'd love to see the Final Release and such added again, it's a good idea, and if you can come up with some epic compression, that'd make it all the better :)

Yes, of course we can... And yeah other people will dl them with the map.
Also about the Final Release, PROEdit had it and the problem some people reported is overwritting their own map and then not being able to edit it anymore. I'm not sure about how to avoid that.

?????

Aug 19 2009, 11:21 pm Falkoner Post #67

Also about the Final Release, PROEdit had it and the problem some people reported is overwritting their own map and then not being able to edit it anymore. I'm not sure about how to avoid that.

I think if you add like a confirmation, one where they have to like type some random text into a box to get past it, if they try to overwrite their map, and that problem should be solved.

None.

Aug 20 2009, 7:27 am Heinermann Post #68

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Definitely. I don't think SI has a patent on Trigedit text triggers or anything silly like that, so you could also allow StarForge to read trigedit-format text triggers and thus be able to use it directly within.
They could make SF load the actual trigedit plugins.

Aug 20 2009, 1:35 pm Chubacca Post #69

Wow this looks promising. I like it so far. I will sign up for the google thing later definitly

None.

Aug 21 2009, 2:49 pm Devourer Post #70

Hello

bad that I can't see those images :-(
I need to be inside of the group to take a look, can someone post all these here in this topic?
Thanks in advance.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 21 2009, 3:54 pm Commanda_Panda Post #71

Editor support for overlapping? Brilliant! :)

None.

Aug 21 2009, 4:36 pm Syphon Post #72

When you say full isom support, have you figured out how it works well enough, and catalogue matching blends well enough, that you can define any type of ground transition isometrically? Like using the isom brush, paint high ground to high ground?

Cause if so, amazing, and if not, get working on it. :P

None.

Aug 21 2009, 4:45 pm Clokr_ Post #73

Quote from Commanda_Panda
Editor support for overlapping? Brilliant! :)

Not yet, and I'm not sure if I will ever get the text overlapping the way it does in SC.

Quote from Syphon
When you say full isom support, have you figured out how it works well enough, and catalogue matching blends well enough, that you can define any type of ground transition isometrically? Like using the isom brush, paint high ground to high ground?

Cause if so, amazing, and if not, get working on it. :P

I disassembled the ISOM algorithm from staredit, so it works exactly the same way it does in StarEdit. Defining new edges the way it works is quite complex and won't be done. If I ever change the ISOM algorithm to another one which makes more sense I'll add the ability to define new terrain types.

EDIT: Actually, all the isom data is saved into .isom files inside the starforge data mpq. If anyone wants can go ahead and try to make a tool to edit them and replace the existing edges with new ones.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 21 2009, 4:52 pm by Clokr_.

?????

Aug 22 2009, 3:13 pm Ashamed Post #74

Hear me Raor!!

Wow, i use to love starforge back in the day...
>< This looks good.

None.

Aug 22 2009, 11:58 pm Heimdal Post #75

Version 0.01 is away.

I picked a handful of people from the google group to try out the very first version. Check your email to see if you were one of them.

I'm using a smaller group first in case there are any terrible crashing or setup bugs. As long as nothing horrible goes wrong, I expect to open up testing for everyone in the group in a day or two.

None.

Aug 23 2009, 6:25 am Heinermann Post #76

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

There are several bugs that need to be addressed first. See my group discussion topic.

Aug 23 2009, 9:20 pm Falkoner Post #77

Yay, Heimdal trusts me to test it! :P

First thought: Holy crap, this editor is friggin' sexy.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 23 2009, 9:27 pm by Falkoner.

None.

Aug 23 2009, 9:52 pm rockz Post #78

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I think we need a slightly better way of reporting bugs, or else this is going to get ridiculously cluttered really fast.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 1 2009, 10:41 am Jiggaboo Post #79

Very exciting.
Would love to see a mirror of the images posted here so those who aren't in the group can see them :)

None.

Sep 10 2009, 3:42 pm Martin1994 Post #80

GJ!
I'm looking forward the stable and powerful SF.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum