Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Staredit
Staredit
Jul 31 2009, 10:08 pm
By: KingPredator  

Jul 31 2009, 10:08 pm KingPredator Post #1

Where to download staredit so i can make maps?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 1 2009, 12:24 am by NudeRaider. Reason: Welcome to the forums, but please watch your spelling

None.

Jul 31 2009, 10:11 pm Falkoner Post #2

Staredit comes with Starcraft, however, most people use other editors, because they allow you to do other features.

You can get the main editors used here, most mappers prefer SCM Draft, it has the most capabilities, however, do not use it with other editors, as it causes problems with string recycling.

None.

Aug 1 2009, 12:21 am FatalException Post #3

Also, in case you don't want to download one of the better ones, Staredit is just another name for the Campaign Editor which you see in Starcraft's main menu (a crucial detail Falkoner left out). If you're just starting, you probably won't need an editor like SCMDraft, since you won't know what many of its features are.

Also, Basics of UMS Mapping.

None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[09:53 am]
Suicidal Insanity -- Were you able to enter arbitrary AIScript IDs?
[09:53 am]
Suicidal Insanity -- Its not that important, text trigedit apparently parses one of the files to verify AIScript IDs, but I dont think the code is used
[09:52 am]
Suicidal Insanity -- I know that. But if AIScript has 'multiplayer-simple' does BWScript have 'multiplayer-simple-ex' or 'multiplayr-simple'?
[05:19 am]
Pr0nogo -- aiscript has vanilla AI, bwscript has expansion AI
[11:38 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- Hmm, it doesn't store string names does it?
[11:27 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- Does the bwscript.bin file just replace the aiscript.bin file with AIs that use BW units, or is the union of both files used by the game?
[10:15 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- Cool, I have french unit names in my unit tree
[09:03 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- Either that or the installer wasn't really korean
[09:02 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- Hmm, I had an old SC 1.15 anthology installer lying around for korean starcraft, but the unit names and so on don't seem to be localized?
[08:05 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- And there are way too many threads complaining about staredit not working - why aren't they using scmdraft ;(
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy, Hodermarskyaq7