Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Super StarCraft Modders Brawl #5
Super StarCraft Modders Brawl #5
Jun 7 2009, 8:18 am
By: Biophysicist  

Jun 7 2009, 8:18 am Biophysicist Post #1

Welcoome to Super StarCraft Modders Brawl, the game where you design and the most imba units ever seen! :O

In SSMB, each player mods a single unit in any way they want to. (Summoner units can also modify their summoned units.) Then, on Wednesday June 28 at 3:00 PM EST, we have an epic FFA. Each player has three lives.

What are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Da Rules:
You can modify anything about your unit that you want to. This includes grafting. You can also "call" other resources, such as images/sprites, other units, projectiles/spells, and EXE edits. All players will recieve a 1000% increase in their unit's HP and shields. You cannot use the following spells: Spawn Broodlings (except on summoned units), Consume (on enemies), Mind Control, Optical Flare. Use of Parasite is highly discouraged.

Once you have completed your unit, PM an EXE containing it to me. I will then distribute an EXE containing all the units to all players who actually submitted a unit.

Players:
1: TassadarZeratul (Sarah Kerrigan, and has called Zerglings and Disruption Web.)
2: ForTheSwarm (Defiler, and has called all Defiler spells and the Broodling unit.)
3: New-.Hydrolisk (Vulture, and has called a bunch of shit.)
See you on the battlefield.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Jun 21 2009, 12:05 am by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Jun 7 2009, 12:33 pm ForTheSwarm Post #2

Defiler.
Unclean One.
Broodling.
Dark Swarm.
Plague.
Consume.
El fin.

None.

Jun 7 2009, 9:27 pm Mauron Post #3

Are plugins allowed? If so, what version should they be made for?

None.

Jun 8 2009, 1:45 am Biophysicist Post #4

Yes. They should be made for 1.15.1.

Oh yah, triggers are allowed as well, as long as you don't do OP stuff with them.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 4:44 am A_of-s_t Post #5

aka idmontie

Why couldn't you just KISS (keep it simple stupid)? Each person gets one unit and can use only premade sprites/images by using sprol/imgol. This is getting ridiculous.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jun 8 2009, 5:32 am EzDay281 Post #6

Because banning techniques, for being overpowered, despite not otherwise violating any rules in a "Design the most overpowered unit possible" contest after the fact is fun!
Personally, I think that a "Design a bloody awesome and cool-o-riffic unit" contest would be pretty much better, but whatever. SSMB is doing better than the original two ( or three, if you count that one guy's... ) Deadliest Unit conpetitions, so something's apparently being done right.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 5:38 am Biophysicist Post #7

I meant stuff like "Kill all any unit for enemies" sort of overpowered. Stuff that there is no way to block, mostly. This is why Spawn Broodlings and such are banned. This IS a "Design a bloody awesome and cool-o-rific unit contest". :P

@A-of_s-t: Because I found that way to limiting.

None.

Jun 17 2009, 9:22 pm Sand Wraith Post #8

she/her

I want my map to be used.

I want to use my old unit. OH WAIT. I CAN'T USE MY OLD UNIT. 'CAUSE MY LAPTOP GOT FORMATTED. DICKS.

All right, I just want my map to be used. The edited one. Will PM TZ and FTS, if either wants to check it first.

-

My unit will require...

Siege Tank. Tank Turret. (Both, non-sieged.) And some stuff. I dunno. I'll post later as I get to work on my unit.

EDIT:
I will actual be making use of the Vulture and its iscript. I will also be using the Dark Archon's death iscript and image ID.

EDIT2:
Here is what I'm using: Dark Archon's death, grenade.grp, vulture.grp, Vulture, Frag grenade iscript, Vulture iscript, Magna Pulse graphic IDs, Frag grenade graphic IDs. That should be it.

EDIT3:
I'll be using the Edmund Duke siege tank turret, giving the Siege Tank turret iscript the AirAttk sequences, and editing the Yamato iscript. I will also be using Edmund Duke's Siege Tank tank mode weapon.
BTW: That's on top of what I already have.

EDIT4:
I finished my unit. When is the thing going on?

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Jun 20 2009, 5:36 pm by New-.Hydrolisk.

Jun 20 2009, 10:14 pm Biophysicist Post #9

Given that we only have three people so far, and that FTS and I probably can't make it, the date of the battle has been moved back a week.

I will begin aggressively promoting this, btw.

EDIT: I am changing my unit to Sarah Kerrigan. I also call Zerglings, Medics, and Dweb.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jun 21 2009, 1:28 am by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Jun 22 2009, 6:08 pm Sand Wraith Post #10

she/her

After the fifth SSMB (this one), I suggest that future SSMB's be hosted primarily on ModCrafters. First, to promote ModCrafters, and second, because I'm sure people in general regard SEN primarily as a mapping community. With ModCrafters, we can stop bothing SEN so much. Of course, it's rather weak advice, and others may not like it, so it doesn't really matter if we continue hosting this on SEN.

Jun 28 2009, 12:54 pm ForTheSwarm Post #11

By Wednesday, June 28th, I suppose you mean Sunday, June 28th?

None.

Jun 28 2009, 5:19 pm Biophysicist Post #12

Uh, yes I did. Which is today. BE THERE.

None.

Jun 28 2009, 8:32 pm ForTheSwarm Post #13

TZ is a dick and once again left all the work to me at the last minute. I cannot get rid of several crashes in the mod, thus it shall be postponed.

None.

Options
  Back to forum