2d 10

25%
Graphics are irrelevant 17

42%
No opinion/Other/I suck 3

8%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 41 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jun 19 2009, 2:41 pm EzDay281 Post #61

Diablo 2
That's simulated perspective, not real perspective. When you move a camera normally, it changes not just what objects obscure what parts of what other objects, but how they obscure themselves.

None.

Jun 19 2009, 5:39 pm Hug A Zergling Post #62

Quote from UnholyUrine
Graphics are irrelevant.

Starcraft being a prime example.
Isaiddis

None.

Jun 19 2009, 11:41 pm Riney Post #63

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from EzDay281
Diablo 2
That's simulated perspective, not real perspective. When you move a camera normally, it changes not just what objects obscure what parts of what other objects, but how they obscure themselves.

Well it fooled me. Besides it looks sexy

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 20 2009, 12:16 am EzDay281 Post #64

Diablo II's perspective option looks gross. =(

None.

Jun 20 2009, 12:40 am Riney Post #65

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from EzDay281
Diablo II's perspective option looks gross. =(

Guess Art is truly in the eye of the beholder

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jun 13 2010, 11:00 am Demented Shaman Post #66

I voted for graphics are irrelevant. I grew up playing 2D games so I'm used to playing 2D games. I think gameplay is more important than just looks. I think of 3D graphics as an added perk. I also don't have a real gaming computer, so I can't even be that concerned with getting the best graphics from a game. However, after playing SC2, even on low settings, when I came back to SC it did surprise me how dated the 2D sprites looked to me. But it just required a short adjustment period and it doesn't really bother me. I'll always appreciate a good 2D game as it gives a nice nostalgic feeling, but if I ever get some good hardware I might end up getting spoiled with 3D graphics.

I have a friend who's all about graphics. He simply doesn't bother with anything 2D. I got into a debate with him about how 2D games can be good, but his argument is that there are 3D games that are just as good. I think part of the issue is also games in three dimensions vs games in two dimensions. He doesn't bother with two dimensional games either, as he thinks games in three dimensions always have that added depth.

None.

Jun 17 2010, 5:46 am Sacrieur Post #67

Still Napping

I voted 2D because I have a strange fetish for well put together 2D games. They're easy to understand, but hard to master. I do rather enjoy 3D if the camera is well done, though unfortunately, the camera is typically not well done. But some things have done better in 3D than in 2D (metroid series anyone?).

None.

Jun 18 2010, 3:42 pm Riney Post #68

Thigh high affectionado

(Helping Devilesk raise an army of undead threads)

Both are the same game made by the same developer, One with flash, the other with a new browser plugin that allows support for models, and uses graphics card and other things on your computer to maximize its efficiency.

Point of the matter is this, making 2d look like 3d was a good idea when 3d was new and still buggy, or laggy, or looked plain ugly. Now 3d that looks like 2d is a much better option.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum