Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (4) Arcadia Moonrise
(4) Arcadia Moonrise
May 26 2009, 12:18 am
By: forestj  

May 26 2009, 12:18 am forestj Post #1

I wanted to make a map that changed how players have to open, so I rearranged the naturals from thier usual minerals and gas with a choke and a ramp to the main format to something wacky. I haven't played on it yet though so I don't know how it will be balance wise.

Anyways, I tried to play it and none of my neutral buildings showed up in game. Why is this? I can place critters and resources for the neutral player, but not buildings apparently? How do maps like medusa and othello do it?

I downloaded some other maps that use neutral buildings and they didn't show either, and the maps where they do work I can't open. Whats up with this?

None.

May 26 2009, 3:01 am ForTheSwarm Post #2

You place unit sprites owned by P12. I think you'll also need to place a start location for p12.

You have to have an "advanced" map editor to do this, such as SCMDraft, but by the looks of it you're using it already.

None.

May 26 2009, 3:10 am Excalibur Post #3

The sword and the faith

No concept, nothing salvagable. Read the melee mapping guide, you aren't even following basic rules.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 26 2009, 5:17 am forestj Post #4

Ok, so, sprites? As in the "sprites" catagory of SCMDraft? Or things under the Units catagory?

Also, excalibur: I know I'm not. That is the point. I read it, and I have a basic understanding of how starcraft works. I just wanted to try something new that would mess with the current metagame.

EDIT: I forgot to attach the map, now I finally did. Also, I tried using things in the sprites category of scmdraft and like I thought they behaved like stamps. You can see them but there is no collision or anything, you can't select them. It has a start location for p12 now, but the things still don't show up.

Attachments:
(4)Arcadia Moonrise.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 123.06kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 26 2009, 5:35 am by forestj.

None.

May 26 2009, 5:54 pm ForTheSwarm Post #5

Sprites->Unit Sprites. Normal sprites "behave like stamps" but unit sprites behave normally.

None.

Options
  Back to forum