AI Block
Oct 7 2007, 7:21 am
By: ION  

Oct 7 2007, 7:21 am ION Post #1

It's been years since I messed with StarEdit. Trying to get back into it and learn more about it.
I found this great forum and have been reading alot of posts.
I'm using the original StarEdit and not a newer advanced editor.
Basically my map is a TvB with a bottle neck in the middle,
I've been trying to get a different force/computer player with just pylons and cannons that are invincible to block the path.
Set a timer for 20mins, after time, kills all buildings.
I created the map using all the different settings, melee/ffa/ums, but nothing seems to be working?

Using brown as Force 3 / Computer

Trigger:

Conditions:
-Elapsed scenario time is exactly 10 game seconds / just using 10 to see if it works.

Actions:
-Remove all buildings for Force 3.
-Kill all buildings for Force 3.
-Preserve trigger.

So I've tried this different ways etc with no results.
Seems like it would be an easy enough trigger to pull off?

Any tips, Thanks in Advance :}

None.

Oct 7 2007, 7:54 am AntiSleep Post #2

preserve trigger is not necessary, kill and remove are redundant. Your problem is that you are not using hyper triggers, and no trigger happens to run while the timer is 10 seconds. Try elapsed time is at least 10 seconds.

and use map settings is required for triggers to run and computer owned buildings to be placed.

None.

Oct 7 2007, 8:00 am ION Post #3

Hyper Triggers?

Yes, setting time to least worked, TYVM!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 7 2007, 8:06 am by ION.

None.

Oct 7 2007, 8:04 pm ION Post #4

For some reason the Computer Blocker in the middle ignores the other AI trying to break through
It does attack me when I try to pass through the center.
Which is great but why not the other comps?
We're all on different forces and I've tried giving the Defender Comp AI script, either way it still goes for me.
It's mostly Pylons and Cannons in the Center so it should detect anything.

None.

Oct 7 2007, 8:30 pm AntiSleep Post #5

make sure they are not allied to each other.

None.

Oct 7 2007, 9:34 pm NudeRaider Post #6

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Unally by executing the action "set alliance status" -> set 'all players' to 'enemy'. for the blocking computer player

Oct 7 2007, 9:41 pm ION Post #7

Ugh I had the other comps trigged like that but not the middle enemy, ty.

None.

Options
  Back to forum