KeyLogger
May 10 2009, 10:41 pm
By: Vi3t-X  

May 10 2009, 10:41 pm Vi3t-X Post #1

My sister loves screwing around with my computer, and I've had to format it twice already, so I don't want her downloading random crap, etc anymore.

Anyways, I was thinking about placing a keylogger to terminate windows whenever she types in "Facebook" or "Ctrl+Alt+Del".

Google wasn't much of help. Anyone know how to make a keylogger?

None.

May 10 2009, 10:49 pm Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

Password protect the user account instead? Or give her a non-admin account and block certain sites and such.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 10 2009, 11:17 pm DevliN Post #3

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

It's always been my understanding that keyloggers just log keystrokes.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 11 2009, 12:03 am Vi3t-X Post #4

Quote from Excalibur
Password protect the user account instead? Or give her a non-admin account and block certain sites and such.
Passwords are annoying :P

Quote from DevliN
It's always been my understanding that keyloggers just log keystrokes.
You can detect when a password or key phrase is typed.

None.

May 11 2009, 12:07 am Falkoner Post #5

Haha, I doubt you'll be able to find a keylogger that can do all that, if you know C++ it's actually pretty simple to make your own, however, I would just get some administrative tools, like the ones they use at schools to disable task manager and block certain sites.

None.

May 11 2009, 12:10 am A_of-s_t Post #6

aka idmontie

Create a Visual C++ program that starts up as minimized (or in the toolbar). Make the program record the keystrokes (look this part up, I think its aSync or something, I haven't used this in a while). Attach the program to a start-up .bin file.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 11 2009, 12:20 am by A_of-s_t.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 11 2009, 12:53 am Syphon Post #7

1) Open HOSTS
2) Reroute the URLs to 127.0.0.1
4) ???
3) Profit

None.

May 11 2009, 1:18 am Vi3t-X Post #8

Quote from A_of-s_t
Create a Visual C++ program that starts up as minimized (or in the toolbar). Make the program record the keystrokes (look this part up, I think its aSync or something, I haven't used this in a while). Attach the program to a start-up .bin file.
Teach Me.

None.

May 11 2009, 1:30 am A_of-s_t Post #9

aka idmontie

Sorry, I don't condone the potential creation of viruses and trojans. Learn yourself.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 11 2009, 2:34 am Vi3t-X Post #10

Link me? :><:

None.

May 11 2009, 2:57 am FatalException Post #11

Quote from da rules
Illegal Items: ROMs, .mp3s, hacks, cracks, warez, CDKeys, viruses etc.
Seeking or providing links to illegal or pirated materials is not allowed at SEN. This would include warez, ROMs, emulators, hacks, cracks, MP3s, piracy, viruses, etc.
:|

None.

May 11 2009, 5:58 am ShadowFlare Post #12

Just give her a non-admin account and password yours and you can probably let her do whatever she wants on hers. To install anything that affects the system, she will need to get your permission/approval for it. In case you ever leave your account opened up on the screen, make it clear that you want her to only use hers and why. Show her how to get to her account when your account is active, if needed.

None.

May 11 2009, 1:43 pm A_of-s_t Post #13

aka idmontie

Quote from FatalException
Quote from da rules
Seeking or providing links to illegal or pirated materials is not allowed at SEN. This would include warez, ROMs, emulators, hacks, cracks, MP3s, piracy, viruses, etc.
This is none of the above, fuck it, cut the cord. Light out, Guerilla radio. Turn that shit up.

But seriously, this is not a ROM, mp3, hack, crack, ware, CDkey, or a virus. It has the POTENTIAL to be a virus, hence why I won't teach it to him.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 11 2009, 4:28 pm Sand Wraith Post #14

she/her

Partition the hard drive and give your sister a small chunk. 20GB should be enough - a good iPod has about this much space.

Anyway, the point of partitioning is to completely isolate crap to her side. If you need an OS, get the Windows 7 beta or any UNIX based OS.

May 11 2009, 9:10 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #15

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from FatalException
Quote from da rules
This is none of the above, fuck it, cut the cord. Light out, Guerilla radio. Turn that shit up.

But seriously, this is not a ROM, mp3, hack, crack, ware, CDkey, or a virus. It has the POTENTIAL to be a virus, hence why I won't teach it to him.
Getting keystates isn't really at all a trojan, virus, or whatever... It is used in games and all sorts of things. All you do is read the keyboard. Also fuck MSVC++. gcc, ftw.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 11 2009, 10:16 pm Falkoner Post #16

In C++ just make a blank program, it's an option when making it, rather than making a console program, this will make it run in the background, no icon, nothing.

The function you'll want is GetKeyState to find which keys she's pressing, then you just either A: Monitor her keyboard and do actions based on keystrokes, or B: Record it all to a file.

None.

May 11 2009, 11:53 pm A_of-s_t Post #17

aka idmontie

The command I'm refering to is a lot easier and more reliable to use than GetKeyState().

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 12 2009, 12:18 am Falkoner Post #18

The command I'm refering to is a lot easier and more reliable to use than GetKeyState().

Well, for the entire computer that's the only one I know that does it, obviously in the program things like getchar might work better, and why not tell him? If people want a keylogger they'll easily find one, and it sounds like this is being put to good use.

None.

May 12 2009, 12:56 am A_of-s_t Post #19

aka idmontie

GetKeyState() -- returns the state of the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys for the current message, not the current state of those keys on the keyboard.

wParam holds the key that is down. Example:

Code
LRESULT CALLBACK LauncherHook( int nCode, WORD wParam, DWORD lParam){
LRESULT Result = CallNextHookEx(Hook, nCode, wParam, lParam);

if(nCode == HC_ACTION){
if((GetKeyState(VK_CONTROL) < 0) && (wParam == 'C')){
if(lParam & 0x80000000){

GetAsyncKeyState -- returns the value of VK_* stuff.

Code
SHORT GetAsyncKeyState(
 int vKey //virtal-key code
);

Use:
Code
if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE)<0)
{
//stuff while excape key is down
}

Other codes:

WM_KEYDOWN -- virtual key code
WM_KEYUP -- virtual key code
WM_CHAR -- character code

I recommend using GetAsyncKey. It returns any VK_* value (which is pretty much anything on your keyboard) and its easy to initialize and so on.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 12 2009, 1:05 am ShadowFlare Post #20

If she will just agree to use a different user account, there is no need for all that work. :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum