[By New-/Hydrolisk]
Two princes of war
Locked in eternal struggle
Climax approaching.

Type: Land
Size: 96x96
Terrain: Space
Players: 1v1

I've tried my best to balance this. Admittedly, I still don't know much about mapping. I know there is hardly any concept here. If it counts for anything, the left-middle has an elevated catwalk for higher-elevation. Further to the left of that, on the floating platform, Siege Tanks can be placed here to provide expansion harassment. Long-rangers can be placed under the doodad for cover. Just the same, however, they cannot hit very well, as they are firing to a higher elevation. Each player has a mineral-only, a gas-only, and an expansion.
We'll see.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 10 2009, 12:22 am by New-.Hydrolisk.

May 10 2009, 12:20 am ForTheSwarm Post #2

1. You said, "Each player has a mineral-only, a gas-only, and an expansion."
There is no gas-only and mineral/gas-only ARE expansions.
2. Elevated catwalk is bad for balance.
3. Poor expo resources/placement.
4. Fix the top inverted ramp.
5. Terran can attack the mineral-only with siege tanks on the floating platform behind it.
6. Why are two princes having a climax together?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 10 2009, 12:32 am by ForTheSwarm.

None.

May 10 2009, 12:26 am ClansAreForGays Post #3

No incentive for mid control. I'd say z has an edge. At first I thought it might be T, but then I noticed there's no main choke, so they're gonna have their hands full as it is so they're tank drop might actually not be worth it. You're top left ramp is yuck.

I'm sure pros would find this terribly imba somehow (when a map looks fun, it's almost always imba :( ), but amateurs like me would have a good time with this.

May 10 2009, 1:10 am Excalibur Post #4

The sword and the faith

Too tight, too linear, T auto-wins.

Also, you NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER make a gas only expo. Read the damn guide. Did it have gas only expos? I didn't think so.

Bad main formations, can you honestly see yourself building comfortably in those spots? I can't.

Extended ramp is terrible, go download proper ones from broodwarmaps.net.

Main mineral formations are terrible and leave no turret room.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 10 2009, 2:11 am Sand Wraith Post #5

she/her

Too tight, too linear, T auto-wins.
Aye, I test played it with my friend, TvP. I won - in part because my micro and macro is a little better, in part because I already knew the map, in part because he isn't good with Protoss, but also because of the terrain - I can see your point.
BURN IT!

Also, you NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER make a gas only expo. Read the damn guide. Did it have gas only expos? I didn't think so.
Quote from name:The Guide
8. How many mineral fields and geysers do I place?
Standard format:
Main Base: One geyser, 7-10 Mineral fields (If Natural has no gas, consider a two gas main)
Natural: Always one geyser unless making a close separate gas only expansion (or a double gas main), 7-8 mineral fields
Mineral only: 6-7 mineral Fields
Gas Only: Always one geyser
Other expansions (Like Islands): One geyser, 7-8 minerals
Just pointing that out. However, in case I misinterpreted you, I do NOT make gas-only expansions, correct? How come?

Bad main formations, can you honestly see yourself building comfortably in those spots? I can't.
Yeah, it didn't work out in the play-test. BURN IT!

Extended ramp is terrible, go download proper ones from broodwarmaps.net.
:hurr: BURN IT!

Main mineral formations are terrible and leave no turret room.
:hurr: BURN IT!

-

Time to start banging up a new map...

Options
  Back to forum