Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Doodan's Maps
Doodan's Maps
Oct 6 2007, 6:52 am
By: Doodan  

Oct 6 2007, 6:52 am Doodan Post #1

Until the DLDB is up and running again, you can get your Doodan fix right here in this thread! I'll post my 4 campaigns, my RPG, and my weird multiplayer map.

-=THE DOODAN CAMPAIGNS=-

Episode 1: Joining Forces

-Singleplayer
-Terran Perspective
-Campaign; 6 Missions

As the humans venture into space, they became known as Terrans, and immediately rub the Protoss the wrong way. The more extreme factions of both races begin war with one another, and the rulers of both races are not very compelled to discourage the fighting. A veteran Protoss general named Doodan spearheads the movement to convince both sides to sign a peace treaty and work out their differences. He makes a strong impression on both rulers. Realizing that his efforts may succeed, the Terran extremists capture Doodan. The player controls Buddy Knee, who is only a Terran marshal at first, and is assigned with rescuing Doodan. He succeeds, but they're not out of the woods. Now the racist factions on both sides want the two of them dead, and they must work together to stay alive, and bring peace to the races in the process...

Download Here!

Episode 2: The Infestation

-Singleplayer
-Zerg Perspective
-Campaign; 8 Missions

A couple of years after the race wars between the Protoss and the Terrans settle down, the Terran governments are able to devote more of their resources to scientific research. One of those projects is the study of an ancient creature that has been frozen many decades after its discovery. As the Terran scientists perform tests on it, the creature gradually regains consciousness and takes over the mind of one of its guards. Together, the creature and its new slave escape the facility. The creature is able to morph shapes and spawn new minions from its own flesh, and it begins to call itself and its race "The Zerg". At first, the Zerg covertly sneak around and snatch up energy sources to fuel more minions. But after enough time, they become a force to be reckoned with, and one by one the resisters fall in the wake of the Zerg's path to power...

Download Here!

Episode 3: Retirement's End

-Singleplayer
-Protoss Perspective
-Campaign; 16 Missions

Fearing for their safety after they found themselves in the cross-hairs of the racist extremists, both Doodan and Buddy Knee went into hiding. Part of that involved Doodan officially stepping down as a general. The extremists eventually catch up with Buddy, and he manages to call Doodan for help. Doodan comes to his rescue, but his efforts call the attention of the Protoss government. Finally reconnected their superiors, both Doodan and Buddy Knee are horrified to learn about the Zerg rampage across the worlds, and the two join the effort to stop the vile creatures...

Download Here!

Episode 4: The Saga of Doodan

-Singleplayer
-Protoss Perspective
-Campaign/RPG; 20 Missions

Probably my most popular Starcraft creation, Episode 4 concludes the long story of Doodan's adventures. Although the surviving heroes believe they've won against the Zerg, they soon find themselves being pulled into an alternate universe. This vast new plane of existence has warped rules of reality. For instance, communication with the dead is commonplace, and reincarnation is also possible. The most horrifying discovery comes when they rub elbows with the creator of the Zerg. This insanely powerful deity has brought the end to countless civilizations, and our heroes' efforts were merely an inconvenience to the creature. Not only do our heroes have to avoid the wrath of this monster, but they must also find a way to escape this strange dimension. On top of that, Doodan may have found a love interest...

Download Here!
(Note: This campaign looks best on v1.13. You can get that patch by going here.)

-=OTHER MAPS=-

Super Mario RPG

-Singleplayer
-Jungle Tileset
-RPG

Oh no! The Princess has been kidnapped by Bowser again! Mario sets out on his new adventure to rescue her. Along the way he finds some strange allies, and learns that a threat greater than Bowser plans to wreak havoc on the Mushroom Kingdom.

Download Here!

Tar Drunk Kompz

-Multiplayer
-Desert Tileset

I initially made this map to play with my friends, but I decided to make a version of it for everyone. Three players have 15 minutes to prepare for an onslaught from 4 extremely hard computers. The computers have pre-built bases, Insane AI, and elite unit guards. If the players succeed in destroying all 4 bases, 12 overpowered bosses will appear and you must bring them down before they annihilate your bases. If you manage to bring them down, then a final, insanely hard boss appears, and you must protect the building in the center of the map from it. Good luck!

Download Here!

I hope you enjoy. I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have to give. ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 6 2007, 9:05 pm by Doodan.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 12:37 am Templar_Psion Post #2

YAY!! LORD DOODAN RETURNS ALSO!! ^_^ You're right about Episode 4, it IS the most popular! Your Tar Drunk Kompz is also really cool! And insane :><:.

I'm making a campaign myself, too! It's gonna be my first. I think you should check it out once its finished!

None.

Nov 25 2007, 12:49 am lil-Inferno Post #3

Just here for the pie

I just have one question, do you have an a.k.a. named turd_ling? Lol, because I have a Super Mario RPG by him and it seems to match your description. I never played the Doodan Saga, I guess I have to know xD.

Nov 26 2007, 9:41 pm TristanOfVP Post #4

I assume you used SCMDraft 2 because the text doesn't display on the mario PRG, I didn't know what to do :><:

Idk how to fix that problem on SCMD2 because mine doesn't auto select "Always Display" either.

None.

Dec 3 2007, 8:13 am Riney Post #5

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from TristanOfVP
I assume you used SCMDraft 2 because the text doesn't display on the mario PRG, I didn't know what to do :><:

Idk how to fix that problem on SCMD2 because mine doesn't auto select "Always Display" either.

Set subtitles in setting to on.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 3 2007, 9:05 pm Vi3t-X Post #6

I learned of Doodan back in Gr.4 (which was 3 years ago). His first 2 campaigns were ok, when the Protoss one came out, it was nice. Very well scripted with a similar to Tassadar character. Retarded names like Buddy Knee but, it was all good. Episode 4 was all about DODGE THIS, GRAB THAT. Not so fun when it takes about 2 hours to finish. Overall pretty nice maps though.

None.

Dec 4 2007, 1:27 am Doodan Post #7

Quote from lil-Inferno
I just have one question, do you have an a.k.a. named turd_ling? Lol, because I have a Super Mario RPG by him and it seems to match your description. I never played the Doodan Saga, I guess I have to know xD.

Either it's a different map with the same name (I've seen a few other maps named Mario RPG), or turd_ling stoled it from me. (Which wouldn't be hard to do)

Quote from TristanOfVP

I used Starcraft X-tra editor to make these. Turn on subtitles.

Quote from Vi3t-X
I learned of Doodan back in Gr.4 (which was 3 years ago). His first 2 campaigns were ok, when the Protoss one came out, it was nice. Very well scripted with a similar to Tassadar character. Retarded names like Buddy Knee but, it was all good. Episode 4 was all about DODGE THIS, GRAB THAT. Not so fun when it takes about 2 hours to finish. Overall pretty nice maps though.

In retrospect, I agree Vi3t in that parts of episode #4 were too slow. But when I make the next campaign for sc2, it's gonna RAWK, MAN!

None.

Dec 4 2007, 1:27 am Doodan Post #8

Oops. Didn't mean to post twice.

None.

Options
  Back to forum