Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Starcraft2 mod
Starcraft2 mod
Apr 27 2009, 5:31 am
By: bajadulce  

Apr 27 2009, 5:31 am bajadulce Post #1

I came across this by some Spanish Modders. Take it for what it is. I downloaded for fun, but didn't give it a go.
Anywhoo... read more here:
Starcraft 2 Starcraft2 Mod

Direct Download:
SC2 @ Megaupload.com

Some screens:

None.

Apr 27 2009, 4:03 pm Fallen Post #2

Oh Hells yeah :D i am pretty stoked about this <------ That statement was me being hyped up about getting a taste of SC2. But after playing that i think someone took a crap in my mouth and called me sally :dontgetit:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2009, 9:11 pm by Fallen.

None.

Apr 28 2009, 12:44 am bajadulce Post #3

I checked out the mod real quick last night for fun. Looks to me like Ago's Thor and Stalker were hijacked. At least that's where I thought I saw those units before. I don't thing Ago is active here at SEN tho. Other than a cool looking GUI and a nice turret, the mod isn't a whole lot.

Download for Mod is actually here:
SC2.rar
That first link was a 19mb campaign map btw.

None.

Apr 28 2009, 1:23 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #4

Just here for the activity... well not really

Mod team, we have challengers.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 28 2009, 1:49 am ForTheSwarm Post #5

Quote from bajadulce
Looks to me like Ago's Thor and Stalker were hijacked. At least that's where I thought I saw those units before. I don't thing Ago is active here at SEN tho.

*Aqo (AqoTrooper)

I think he made the Immortal and Banshee graphics too, IIRC.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2009, 2:12 am by ForTheSwarm.

None.

Apr 28 2009, 2:06 am RoryFenrir Post #6

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Mod team, we have challengers.
kick their ass

None.

Apr 28 2009, 2:11 am IskatuMesk Post #7

Lord of the Locker Room

Looks like crap, honestly. Ripping graphics from sc2 screenshots doesn't end well, especially with the weird perspective.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 28 2009, 2:15 am A_of-s_t Post #8

aka idmontie

The starport's perceptive is really off :P Some of the units aren't that noticeable though.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Apr 29 2009, 1:07 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #9

Just here for the activity... well not really

I checked it out, wasn't very impressed, they're depending on .grps too much.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

May 3 2009, 6:26 am BlazerX Post #10

Its very GRP dependent, but I'm glad to see that they have at least implemented several neat features, such as building Thors with SCV and Stalker's blink (both still need some work though, IMO).

None.

May 3 2009, 1:08 pm Vi3t-X Post #11

It's old because it still uses the Tempest model.

None.

May 3 2009, 5:23 pm BlazerX Post #12

No, I think that's just cuz its a lot easier to rip the Tempest model. One of the earliest SC2 videos showed the tempest spinning around 360 degrees. The carrier, on the other hand, would need to be ripped from screenshots, which may not have all the directions.

Sadly, the Siege Tank ends up with this "lack of direction" syndrome, since the siege mode turret barely ever turns, making it look very awkward.

None.

May 3 2009, 5:35 pm Syphon Post #13

Quote from IskatuMesk
Looks like crap, honestly. Ripping graphics from sc2 screenshots doesn't end well, especially with the weird perspective.

Yea. All this is is a poorly made graphical mod.

None.

May 3 2009, 6:32 pm bajadulce Post #14

Ya this is pretty weak. :lol: I did however love the Terran GUI, the Warcraft3 modified menu, and there was a nifty turret! But then again I always tend to focus on the positive aspects of things.

The saddest part tho is that despite how terrible the graphics are, they're better than most of the nothing you losers have done. That's what is really sad. :) whaaaaaat?

None.

May 3 2009, 6:45 pm Symmetry Post #15

Dungeon Master

Quote from bajadulce
Ya this is pretty weak. :lol: I did however love the Terran GUI, the Warcraft3 modified menu, and there was a nifty turret! But then again I always tend to focus on the positive aspects of things.

The saddest part tho is that despite how terrible the graphics are, they're better than most of the nothing you losers have done. That's what is really sad. :) whaaaaaat?

I prefer syphon's SC2 kitbash buildings over the ones they use there.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 3 2009, 6:53 pm bajadulce Post #16

Ya his kitbashes are great. He's a photoshop master. Maybe somebody should do something with them tho. What good is a .grp if nothing ever happens with it.

None.

May 3 2009, 9:58 pm Syphon Post #17

To waste a few hours for me. :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum