Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: The Pirate Bay
The Pirate Bay
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 18 2009, 3:28 am
By: Vi3t-X
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Apr 21 2009, 1:33 pm A_of-s_t Post #61

aka idmontie

Quote from name:FaZ-
Long Speech
I take a class about arguing and we learned that you should always attack the oppositions BEST points -- you fail on that front. WHen ever we post something, you attack the weakest point of the arguement, making your ethos and pathos crumble. Sauerbraten was actually very popular when it came out, but like all video games, its player amount dwindled. Seriously, how many games from 2002 do you still play? What about 2000? What about 1999?

The point is, you are failing at arguing at well, while everyone else is posting legitimate arguements, you keep on posting the same dead arguement over and over again. Who are you trying to convince? Your audience is obviously no one since your arguements aren't going to help those who side with you, nor are they going to change any one elses mind.

Freeware around the interent is -- you guessed it -- free. Now let's compare for a moment:

GIMP == $0
Photoshop == $799.99 (I'm sure the prices vary, but this is the price at Fry's Electronics)

You are saving 100 percent more by getting the freeware, even if it doesn't look as pretty -- I like the sound of saving an 100 percent. Google is free. Mozilla is free. Linux is free.

http://pack.google.com/intl/en/pack_installer.html?hl=en&brand=GPMD&utm_source=en_US-et-more&utm_medium=et&utm_campaign=en_US

O no, even google deams this free software as "essential."

Freeware beats out purchasable software any day. You buy something, I can find it in freeware form.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Apr 21 2009, 4:59 pm BeDazed Post #62

You don't really need to use Photoshop with your 'pimple removing' activities. But industrial standard wise, GIMP can't compete. (Which is why Photoshop lives on.)
Google is a search engine. It was never meant to be 'sold' to use, rather profitting from all the 'users' using it.
Mozilla and Linux are examples of great freeware. But that only means creating programs such as those do not take up massive amounts of resource.

Seriously, who would actually pay money to gain nothing? I understand there are several examples that doesn't really follow, but thats not the majority of the case.

None.

Apr 21 2009, 5:46 pm Heinermann Post #63

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Gimp is not Photoshop.
Gimp is unstable and crashes every so often on my PC.

As others have said, TPB is merely a search engine. Piracy can't be "stopped". The only thing you can do to combat it is limiting your program's use to a CD Key or some other method. As for music and other media, that's just too bad. Find another way to make money. :P

Apr 22 2009, 12:22 am Doodan Post #64

F this topic. It has spawned more than a dozen reports in one day, my personal limit.

>>Locked

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum