Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Resident Evil: The Apocalypse
Resident Evil: The Apocalypse
Mar 26 2009, 8:52 pm
By: Riney
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
 

Apr 11 2009, 5:04 am Riney Post #61



Quote from T-Virus
Nothing personal against you DM, but you need to come up with some more original ideas then just feeding off of panzer's fame =\

I for one am a HUGE RE fanatic and the site that there is a 3rd chapter to this never ending cycle of the same map is getting old. Let me ask you this, what makes THIS resident evil map different from the rest. What features and or concepts will be in this map that make it unique from the other 30 maps out that look exactly like this?

The only thing I could really say that I have taken from Panzer's maps is Zombie = Zealot, Space Tileset is the perfect terrain for zombie cities, and the fact that its named Resident Evil: Something. We have this conversation the last time I tried to make this map, so I trust you understand where I come from when I say, this isnt a mineral house game, this isnt a defense, its a role playing game, and its defently not a repeat of any map currently on the market. (Unless you consider Peazel's Tag, but this is mission based rathen then solve the puzzle that gets you to the next that gets you to the end.)

The features and concepts are already posted on the first post, and as I add more they shall pop up. So far I cant say theres really any other zombie map that has surfaced that looks like my map (Other than Tag, which Ive already gone and asked peazel for forgiveness if I accidently rip one of his concepts). My map has littered objects, it has Ambiance (Which will be added to the first post so look it up), it has interiors rathen then scattered terran buildings symbolizing buildings and only 3 having actual interiors. My map will feature somewhat of a shop system allowing the purchase of ammo similar to that of GTA3 or San Andreas (So far I cant decide how complex I should make it). And also, my map has mutliple endings, being good or bad. Other maps on the market have 2 endings, win, or death.

So now that thats all out of the way. Mission sets have been reorginized and all the completed missions are triggered (Save for 3, I havent figured out when I want the players to 'Unlock' these quests). Id like to continue to ask SEN for further support with missions and other ideas for the BEGINNING of the map, when a player would not yet wield a gun because he is still earning one. I dont plan on having players with guns until about 5~10 minutes into the map, and the players 'character' realises the seriousness of the situation at hand.



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 12 2009, 7:08 pm Riney Post #62



Update: Besides the fact that I think Im talking to myself here now, Ive gotten more missions done, up to the point where you see your first zombies, and aquire a gun.

Care to see? Here ya go [attach=3299]

Attachments:
RE The Apocalypse.scx
Hits: 6 Size: 93.19kb



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 12 2009, 7:55 pm Zell. Post #63



I'll test w/ you later if you want. @Whoever was bashing DM for originality, 1st I'd like to see an original map you made, 2nd I want to remind you he made a mod a long time ago just for his zombie maps. BTW DM can i get rawrmod?



None.

Apr 13 2009, 4:53 am Riney Post #64



Quote from Zell.
I'll test w/ you later if you want. @Whoever was bashing DM for originality, 1st I'd like to see an original map you made, 2nd I want to remind you he made a mod a long time ago just for his zombie maps. BTW DM can i get rawrmod?

Trust me if I had it, ID still be using it ;o



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 13 2009, 5:22 pm Tempz Post #65



umm pretty good so far i guess, you might want to have a random game engine, (ie burning down buildings)
with locations spread around map so people won't farm same place over and over.
the more rare the location spawn the less you put it there

e.g.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
2hp 1hp 15hp 30hp 8hp

you know that the rarest is when 30 burns down ect



None.

Apr 14 2009, 4:27 am Riney Post #66



Quote from Tempz
umm pretty good so far i guess, you might want to have a random game engine, (ie burning down buildings)
with locations spread around map so people won't farm same place over and over.
the more rare the location spawn the less you put it there

e.g.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
2hp 1hp 15hp 30hp 8hp

you know that the rarest is when 30 burns down ect


If this was an rpg I may be inclined to accept your request, but as it isnt, I have no need for a system like this :P

Also I have deep down feelings that my map is becoming a little cheesy, anyone have any thoughts on how I might make it look more horrorish/badassish?



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 14 2009, 9:12 pm Tempz Post #67



Badass Suggestions
- maybe have the characters blind so it makes the player feel claustrophobic, with a flashlight feature of course
to balance this maybe create some map revealer's at town so they player can see
- make the player not able to share vision unless they have flashlight on
- have maybe 2 - 5 hits before the player dies and the player can't revive



None.

Apr 14 2009, 9:14 pm Riney Post #68



Well of course the player cant revive, what kind of Resident Evil did you think this was? ;o



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 14 2009, 9:21 pm Pigy_G Post #69



Good flashlight systems are hard, but awesome if done right.



None.

Apr 15 2009, 9:10 pm Tempz Post #70



flashlight system can either be a map reveler that centers it self this allows the player not to see anything that gets in the way e.g observer

another thing that allows you map to be badass is adding footsteps, and maybe some zombie sounds that plays when some zombies come near you to give some fear inside the player :D



None.

Apr 16 2009, 4:08 am Riney Post #71



Quote from Tempz
flashlight system can either be a map reveler that centers it self this allows the player not to see anything that gets in the way e.g observer

another thing that allows you map to be badass is adding footsteps, and maybe some zombie sounds that plays when some zombies come near you to give some fear inside the player :D

Ah yes, my first try at this map had footsteps, and as for zombies making noises when you're near, I was planning on it, as well as mixing it with the threat system.

Also when you are about 20 cells away from a player, you instead of hearing a loud gunshot, will hear an ambiant distanced gunshot. Spooky enough?



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 16 2009, 2:53 pm UndeadClown Post #72



Bad flashlight = map revealer.
Good flashlight = Burrowed, blind zergling with 3 minute "battery" life using a Siege Tank as the On/Off switch.

/shameless plug. :crazy:




None.

Apr 16 2009, 7:05 pm ETEFT(U) Post #73



So I played what you gave us so far DM and I was dissappointed. I played for a good five minutes looking for the "Gun Shop" and I couldnt find it. The buildings were to big for its own good and the doors were not placed properly. You need to work on this map a bit more.



None.

Apr 16 2009, 9:55 pm Riney Post #74



Quote from name:My Map
Theres a gunshop down at the street corner, lets go.

How long did it take you to find a street corner? :P

I admit I should start adding some pings, and things outside doors to 'define' what type a building it is you're looking at, but this is a bare bones pre alpha thing right now. Its not ment to be playable, just made sure its working :)



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 28 2009, 8:09 am Jack Post #75

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

blinded zerglings have too little vision, I would just use straight zerglnigs for a flash light, so your character is blinded, but burrowed ling underneath. Observers don't work cos they let you see over buildings and around obstacles. If you want help testing with some mostly pro RE players you can try op RCDF, there's normally someone there.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 28 2009, 6:14 pm Riney Post #76



Ok I MIGHT give the flashlight system consideration. But I was brainstorming with zell about some ideas.

Melee system! Stolen Borrowed from Bioject's RE: 1 map but with some additions.

Bare hands: 50% chance to stun an enemy, 25% chance to weaken (Switch from zombie to crippled zombie (broodling) or kill a crippled zombie) (Blunt weapon)
Furnature leg: Stolen straight from a table, desk, or other piece of furnature! 50% chance to stun, 50% chance to weaken(Blunt)
Switchblade: 0% chance to stun, 50% chance to weaken, 25% chance to instantly kill (Stabbing weapon)
Metal Baseball Bat: 50% chance to stun, 25% chance to attack ALL enemies around you, 75% chance to weaken (Blunt) 2x2 cell range
Mop: 50% chance to stun, 50% chance to attack ALL enemies around you, 75% chance to weaken. 25% chance to kill a zombie 3x3 range (Blunt)
Louisville Slugger (A Real baseball bat): 100% chance to stun, 50% chance to attack everything around you, 100% chance to weaken a zombie 2x2 range (Blunt)
Butcher knife: 0% chance to stun, 75% chance to weaken, 50% chance to kill 1x1 range (stabbing weapon)
Sword: 0% chance to stun, 100% chance to weaken, 75% chance to kill, 2x2 range (stabbing weapon)



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 28 2009, 6:19 pm Biophysicist Post #77



How are you going to do that? :O



None.

Apr 28 2009, 6:28 pm Riney Post #78



Like a boss. I mean random switches, its just gonna be a random hit miss thing, all trigger based.



Riney#1693 on Discord. (Discord Community)
Riney on Steam (Steam)
Youtube Channel

-- Updated as of October 2019 --

Apr 28 2009, 8:10 pm Pigy_G Post #79



Maybe you should originally set all percents to a low number and allow the upgrading of the skill by use or stat points. e.g(Use) Player's stunned 10 zombies, Level up percentage from 10 to 15% chance of stun. e.g (Stat Point) Player uses stat point to upgrade chance of kill from 10 to 15% chance of kill. This way you know more reliabley what you're going to get and no ones like "WTF I HAVENT GOTTEN ANY KILLS AND I'VE MELEED LIKE 50 ZOMBIES" or "WTF I DIED BUT I ATTACKED LIKE 5 TIMES AND ALL IT DID WAS WEAKEN!!"



None.

Apr 28 2009, 10:38 pm samsizzle Post #80



I think it would be better if it was a badlands tileset. And have a zombie radar that beeps when there are zombies nearby like in aliens the tracker that beeps when the aliens are coming. And make it a really creepy beep.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2009, 10:48 pm by samsizzle.



None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[2021-1-17. : 3:47 pm]
C(a)HeK -- greetings all, friends, can you check my new post? :) http://www.staredit.net/topic/18183/
[2021-1-17. : 3:17 pm]
IlyaSnopchenko -- Neiv
Neiv shouted: Depending on your situation you may be able to use 18/19/20/21 to select all players in a force?
thanks! Will use the force # instead most likely, if they're in the same one
[2021-1-17. : 2:26 pm]
Neiv -- Depending on your situation you may be able to use 18/19/20/21 to select all players in a force?
[2021-1-17. : 2:25 pm]
Neiv -- IlyaSnopchenko
IlyaSnopchenko shouted: Anyone knows whether current player (13) is counted among allied (15) when specifying targeting flags for idle_orders in AISE?
It is not counted; the dll seems to accept a combination of multiple players there like most other extended commands, but pyai doesn't seem to allow specifying them in targeting flags
[2021-1-16. : 8:55 pm]
NudeRaider -- he gets a notification when you send him a pm
[2021-1-16. : 5:08 pm]
m.0.n.3.y -- Hey @roy just sent you a pm :D
[2021-1-16. : 4:05 pm]
IlyaSnopchenko -- Here's the idea - I want to specify idle_orders for area effect spells like Psi Storm and Plague so that the computer avoids hitting its own (13) or allied (15) troops
[2021-1-16. : 4:05 pm]
IlyaSnopchenko -- Or do I need to set a dedicated condition?
[2021-1-16. : 4:04 pm]
IlyaSnopchenko -- Anyone knows whether current player (13) is counted among allied (15) when specifying targeting flags for idle_orders in AISE?
[2021-1-16. : 1:26 pm]
Oh_Man -- Zycorax
Zycorax shouted: There's a family with one or two men named Adolf around where I live. Funnily enough, the SS used their family business' offices as their HQ in town during the occupation :]
cool tale
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Starmods107, jjf28