Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: 30 minute mod/Free grps
30 minute mod/Free grps
Mar 12 2009, 6:33 pm
By: Symmetry  

Mar 12 2009, 6:33 pm Symmetry Post #1

Dungeon Master

Been a while since I made a functioning mod, so yesterday I decided to make one with a 20-minute time limit. Today when I wanted to test it, noone was on so I spent another 10 minutes creating a functional AI. Thusly said, this entire mod was made in a period of about 30 minutes (new record?).

CHANGES:

Not overly much. Basically, you can build 3 units: probes, zealots and HT. Each is modded in it's own fantastic way (read: not modded very much at all). Kill the other players to win.

Click here to download free mudkip pr0n!
Alternate Mirror: http://www.savefile.com/files/2037513

Disclaimer: I made this for my own amusement. Don't expect much.

SCREENSHOT:

Here we see units battling.

ADD:

Also, I made some grps a while back that I might as well release. SHIT PHOTOBUCKET MADE THEM JPG. I'll hunt down the .bmps and upload for you. Enjoy the previews for now.

Bunker generator type thingy. Could be used for a supply depot or something.

Who said air zerg buildings couldn't happen? :P

Pylon crystal. I was actually using this for something. Bleh.

NEW:

New Protoss grp.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2009, 11:05 pm by Killer_Kow.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 12 2009, 7:26 pm Biophysicist Post #2

You should put the first GRP as a shield battery or something.

None.

Mar 12 2009, 7:50 pm IskatuMesk Post #3

Lord of the Locker Room

I like the crystal. Is it animated?

/edit

Okay stupid question, it probably isn't animated.

But I could still use it for something.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Mar 12 2009, 8:01 pm Symmetry Post #4

Dungeon Master

Quote from IskatuMesk
I like the crystal. Is it animated?

/edit

Okay stupid question, it probably isn't animated.

But I could still use it for something.

Not animated. One frame. Lemme find the bmp. Found the .grp! Still looking for the other two.

EDIT: Found the bunker generator .bmp! If anyone REALLY wants the spire I'll hunt it down, but I'm too lazy to find it on my own.

Attachments:
bunkergen.bmp
Hits: 13 Size: 48.05kb
pylon.grp
Hits: 9 Size: 1.33kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 12 2009, 8:06 pm by Killer_Kow.

Mar 12 2009, 8:27 pm IskatuMesk Post #5

Lord of the Locker Room

Excellent. *Stows away in his AO folder*

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Mar 12 2009, 9:07 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #6

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Also, I made some grps a while back that I might as well release. SHIT PHOTOBUCKET MADE THEM JPG. I'll hunt down the .bmps and upload for you. Enjoy the previews for now.
l2png >:O

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 12 2009, 9:10 pm Symmetry Post #7

Dungeon Master

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from name:Killer_Kow
l2png >:O

Why would I png? I had to make them .bmps to use in grps, and photobucket raped them. There's no point in converting to .png in the middle :mad:

Mar 12 2009, 10:16 pm ShadowFlare Post #8

Probably mentioned png because the site probably wouldn't change those, as long as it wasn't too big. Png is a lossless format, unlike jpg, in case you didn't know.

None.

Mar 12 2009, 10:18 pm Symmetry Post #9

Dungeon Master

Quote from ShadowFlare
Probably mentioned png because the site probably wouldn't change those, as long as it wasn't too big. Png is a lossless format, unlike jpg, in case you didn't know.

Yeah, I know. I just didn't want to do unnecessary conversions.

Apr 10 2009, 11:05 pm Symmetry Post #10

Dungeon Master

Bump:

added a new pic to the first post. .grp available by request.

Apr 10 2009, 11:07 pm Biophysicist Post #11

/requests

None.

Apr 11 2009, 1:47 am Pandut Post #12

I'm just a fish

Interesting mod... it twas a bit of fun :)

[Idea]You should make the same thing with the other factions

IE, for Terran: SCV, Marine, and Medic. Zerg: Drone, Zergling, Defiler.

Marines would have to have low-health since they are ranged units...[/idea]

None.

Apr 11 2009, 1:53 am Biophysicist Post #13

Personally, I'd prefer it with Ghosts (w/ nukes and nerfed cloaking) and Infested Terrans instead of Medics and Defilers.

I'd just like to say I find this mod surprisingly fun. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum