Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Unit Death Position Detection System
Unit Death Position Detection System
Mar 8 2009, 5:19 pm
By: JaFF  

May 22 2009, 8:23 am JaFF Post #21

Quote from Pyro682
No, I'm pretty sure I'm not confusing anything at all. It would make any unit invincible untill triggers are in play. When Triggers start, The units are vincible, making them susceptable to the Death Checking thing. When the triggers end, it turns off the invincibility, and makes them not susceptable to the death checker thingie.

Wouldn't my Theory work for a HP System using Scarabs?
Oh, sorry, I confused what you said earlier. But that doesen't change the fact that it won't work - triggers run basically instantly. It is the pause between the last trigger and the first trigger when any actions happen. Therefore toggling invincibility won't make a difference to how units die.

I'll try to make a simple diagram for you:

Time ->
...(-----first frame----)(------second frame-----)X(-----first frame----)(------second frame-----)X(-----first frame----)...

Where X is the running of the triggers. In general, that's how things work. You can assume that any non-trigger actions such as death, attack, motion, etc. happen only during the first or second frame.

None.

May 22 2009, 1:51 pm Pyro682 Post #22

Your Diagram doesn't explain how a
Quote from Pyro682
HP System using Scarabs?
wouldn't work using those frames. If The time Scale runs like this: (Assume that I'm sort of... "Zooming-In" on your Diagram)

Time ->
...(-----first frame----)(------second frame-----)X(-----first frame----)(------second frame-----)X(-----first frame----)...

Now, I'm Zooming In.

Time ->
...(-----first frame----)(------second frame-----)(V)(SCARAB)(UV)(-----first frame----)(------second frame-----)(V)(SCARAB)(UV)(-----first frame----)

In my Fancier Diagram that abuses Colors and sizes, I demonstrate what I was thinking. The Triggers (Having the First trigger make all units Vincible), Start with V, For Vincible.
Then, In between all of the mumbo jumbo of triggers, We use our HP System that uses Scarabs for Damage. (Direct Damage) Which is represented by a very Swanky blue "Scarab" in all capital letters.
After that, the Units are made invincible again, which is represented by UV. (IV would have hurt my eyes)

What I'm trying to know is if a unit dies during the triggers, is that data like... "Saved" or something untill the next frame???

None.

May 22 2009, 9:15 pm JaFF Post #23

So, you just want to measure the HP of invincible marines? Yeah, that will work. But what's the point if they're invincible to regular attacks?

None.

May 23 2009, 8:41 pm Pyro682 Post #24

Spells

None.

May 23 2009, 10:23 pm JaFF Post #25

And what's the point of having spells that deal direct damage if you can't shoot the units normally? If you want to go as far as that, why not use VHP?

And the final question, how is this related to death position detection? This one bothers me the most. So please explain it again, even if you have done it before.

None.

May 24 2009, 8:20 pm Pyro682 Post #26

-Because vHP doesn't allow you to see the actual Numeral of health
-I feel Direct Damage is easier to work with than vHP
-Sometimes vHP can hinder the unit's movement, or is very hard to play against/with (Depending on the system)
-To allow the unit to be affected by Plague, Esnare, and whatnot

To allow not just Item Drops, but to Allow Minion spawns from corpses, and whatnot. (Basically, if you're a necromancer or something, you need bodies to reanimate.)

None.

May 24 2009, 8:41 pm Lethal_Illusion Post #27

Quote from Pyro682
-Because vHP doesn't allow you to see the actual Numeral of health
You won't be able to see the actual Numeral of health if the unit is invincible.

Quote from Pyro682
-Sometimes vHP can hinder the unit's movement, or is very hard to play against/with (Depending on the system)
Scarabs can hinder with units' movement as well.

Quote from Pyro682
-To allow the unit to be affected by Plague, Esnare, and whatnot
If the unit is invincible, it won't be affected by Plague, Ensnare, and the like.

None.

May 24 2009, 9:56 pm Pyro682 Post #28

Exactly. This makes the unit from totally invincible to ... "Half-Invincible"

None.

May 24 2009, 11:06 pm JaFF Post #29

Quote from Pyro682
Exactly. This makes the unit from totally invincible to ... "Half-Invincible"
Cool.

I'll ask to remove half of the posts in this thread. I hope you won't mind.

None.

Aug 23 2017, 11:55 am BumpelSnake Post #30

Omg this is gold. Has anyone backed it up? Pls reup T__T

None.

Sep 30 2017, 6:20 am Heinermann Post #31

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

http://www.staredit.net/sc1db/file/510/

Options
  Back to forum