Mar 3 2009, 2:05 am m.0.n.3.y Post #1

Red vs Blue [ 2 ]

>> Download Red vs Blue [ 2 ]

Specifics:
-Type: Melee / Strategy Hybrid
-Size: 96 X 128
-# of Players: 6

Description:
- Red vs Blue 2 is a Melee / Strategy hybrid. The object of the game is to kill your opponets base. On the Melee side of the game, you build units in your build area, which once built, are automatically sent to the send area While your units are in the send area, build up an army and then use your maser, which sends them to beacons which converts the units into your corresponding computer players units and sends them to the battle field. Players 1 & 2 are computers and automatically fight, so there is no need to worry about managing your units once they are built. To build your units however, you must mine minerals (unit production) in the mining area of the map. You can also mine gas (use for spells) in the mining area of the map to use spells. Building your units and managing your mining and spells correctly build for up to a 3 on 3 action battle.

Gameplay:
- As mentioned above the object of the game is to kill your opponents base, your base consists of two stacked cannons and two bunkers (located on the battlefield). All of the fighting between the units takes place on the battlefield between two computers. To ensure that your computer player achieves victory, you must mine minerals to build units, and then give your units to your computer player. You must also mine gas to use various spells to turn the tide in a tight situation. Also note that all units such as defliers, templars, sci vessles etc. use their abilities. Games usually last about 10-20 minutes and are full of non stop action.

The Spells:
- Spells are activated using gas and bringing your spell selector to the beacon of the corresponding spell
- Gas Conversion: cost 500 gas: Converts 500 gas to 1000 minerals
- Heal Base: costs 7000 gas: Heals your base from any damage taken
- Heal Units On BattleField: costs 2000 gas: Heals all the units on the battlefield owned by your corresponding computer player
- Sabatoge Probes: costs 7000 gas: Kills all your opponents probes used for mining minerals and gas
- Ground Raid: costs 1500 gas: Creates 5 units specializing in ground destruction
- Air Raid: costs 1500 gas: Creates 5 units specializing in air destruction
- Multi-Purpose Raid: costs 1500 gas: Creates 5 units elite in killing both air and ground units
- Cloaked Strike: costs 1500 gas: Creates 5 Arbiters that will use their Stasis spell
- Mind Control: costs 3500 gas: Converts all opponents units on the battle field into your computers units
- Center Line Kill: costs 3000 gas: Kills all opponents units down the center line of the battlefield
- Artilary Strikes: costs 3000 gas: Creates a barage of artillary strikes, pounding opponents ground units
- Distraction: costs 2000 gas: Creates 10 distraction units high in hp and armor

Screen Shots: (Sorry I don't have any in-game screens, don't have the program to convert it)[if anyone would like to help that would be great]

Mini Map View

Amount of Space Each Person Has to Build

The Mining Area For the Red Team

The Mining Area For the Blue Team

Battle Area

Send Area / Masser

Spells Area

>> Download Red vs Blue [ 2 ]
(feel free to review this map if you see it fit)

Post has been edited 11 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2009, 3:32 am by m.0.n.3.y.

None.

Mar 3 2009, 2:46 am Norm Post #2

In my opinion, you should make the terrain more attractive to give a better feel to the map. Even considering which units you choose as the base can play a large part in the overall feel of the game.

None.

Mar 3 2009, 4:04 am BlueWolf Post #3

You put "The Mining Area For the Red Team" twice. Fix the terrain at least.
Anything that you ever make has your name at stake.

None.

Mar 3 2009, 4:45 am m.0.n.3.y Post #4

Quote from Norm
In my opinion, you should make the terrain more attractive to give a better feel to the map. Even considering which units you choose as the base can play a large part in the overall feel of the game.

Quote from name:BluEditor

Man, I was never aware there was an issue with the terrain, I mean it works and there havn't been complaints about it yet lol. Like its not an epic rpg terrain god map but i guess it could use some touching up on the spell areas and mining areas. Just kinda hards with space platform.

None.

Mar 3 2009, 5:12 am Norm Post #5

Quote from m.0.n.3.y
Quote from Norm

Man, I was never aware there was an issue with the terrain, I mean it works and there havn't been complaints about it yet lol. Like its not an epic rpg terrain god map but i guess it could use some touching up on the spell areas and mining areas. Just kinda hards with space platform.

It's understandable. I had a defense map that received a lot of complaints because of it's ugly terrain, so i touched it up. It took like an hour, but i haven't had any negative comments about it. The layout of your map is perhaps the most important part of the player's interface. Definitely take an extra check on the location of each control area (Mining, shop, ect...) to ensure that it's in the best possible location. Don't be afraid to drastically change it around to see if your audience enjoys it more. Finally, the quality of the terrain's appearance definitely says something about the time and care put into a map. People will take the map more seriously if you take your terrain seriously. Try different combinations of tiles to get the best possible appearance.

None.

Mar 4 2009, 2:04 am m.0.n.3.y Post #6

Quote from Norm
Quote from m.0.n.3.y
Quote from Norm

It's understandable. I had a defense map that received a lot of complaints because of it's ugly terrain, so i touched it up. It took like an hour, but i haven't had any negative comments about it. The layout of your map is perhaps the most important part of the player's interface. Definitely take an extra check on the location of each control area (Mining, shop, ect...) to ensure that it's in the best possible location. Don't be afraid to drastically change it around to see if your audience enjoys it more. Finally, the quality of the terrain's appearance definitely says something about the time and care put into a map. People will take the map more seriously if you take your terrain seriously. Try different combinations of tiles to get the best possible appearance.

yeah lol i know what you're saying, terrain has a big part of maps, i just didn't think that this one really needed it, i figured the simpler the better, and it worked so hay, lol. I'm not sure i'll even edit this map much in the near future though, it is by far my more simpler maps i've made. I'm currently in production of StarCraft Hockey and an Unnamed project similar to a sports game and sort of Temple Seige i guess you could say. I understand your input and thanks for it, it's just this map isn't at the top of my list right now lol.

None.

Mar 5 2009, 11:15 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #7

Sorry for the double post guys but i'm just saying that a download link is now up for the map....Sorry the database isn't working so I used another website...((Just click on Start Download))

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 6 2009, 4:50 am by m.0.n.3.y.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 12:27 am Pyro682 Post #8

I gave it a glance or so... and, imo, I don't think the terrain is half bad for his purposes. Sure, maybe if he was making an RP map, or an RPG, or something like Halloween priest, the terrain would be horrible. Some maps plain just don't need fancy terrain, like Sunken Defense. People need it simple, in square blocks, and thats it. The terrain serves its purpose in this map; No more, no less.

and for god sakes, money, spell "Melee" correctly... Gee Whiz... :-_-:

None.

Mar 6 2009, 11:31 pm moon-boy Post #9

lol, i think i saw u hosting this one money but i didnt join, now i think ima try it tough cause it looks pretty good. :bye1: :rolleyes: :) :bleh: :D

None.

Mar 9 2009, 6:39 pm moon-boy Post #10

Um, i think I found something that was wrong. I was playing and our team had a whole lot of wraiths attackin their base and then they started to drift.. :flamer: and they drifted around the cannon and started exploding. Also saw it with some carriers interceptors around the cannons.. Is that supposed to happen or what? :><:

None.

Mar 12 2009, 2:23 am m.0.n.3.y Post #11

Quote from moon-boy
Um, i think I found something that was wrong. I was playing and our team had a whole lot of wraiths attackin their base and then they started to drift.. :flamer: and they drifted around the cannon and started exploding. Also saw it with some carriers interceptors around the cannons.. Is that supposed to happen or what? :><:

Lol, no that is not supposed to happen. Easy fix though I just have to move the locations or use a single location for all sides. It's easy fix but it would require people to redownload it for a simple thing, but it does effect the gamplay...I guess I'll update it in a couple of days or something. ty for dat moonboy

(lol is anyone even looking at this thread or what..or anyone playing the game?)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 13 2009, 1:37 am by m.0.n.3.y.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 4:55 pm homebring Post #12

good map, i actually enjoyed it. yeah i would have to agree with the terrain thing but i guess if it works what ev right lol....

and yeash it would be nice if the units came behind the base so like they didn't die instantly and stuff but that's just my oppinion and you should make lik upgrading spells and stuff, like add to the ones you already have...
good map though ;p

None.

Apr 19 2017, 3:20 am m.0.n.3.y Post #13

Bump, play it. It's actually really fun :D

None.

Options
  Back to forum