Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final call for scmdraft
Final call for scmdraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 27 2009, 10:47 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 617 >

Mar 11 2009, 5:12 am Riney Post #61

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from ClansAreForGays
An "Always save as .scx" option.

One of these

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Mar 11 2009, 10:28 am Wormer Post #62

Make a button in text trigger editor to copy the whole text into clipboard :)

Also,
define a command line parameter which allows one to compile a given SCMD text triggers file into the given map. This will help developping extended "third party" tools for working with triggers, MacroTriggers for example.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 11 2009, 10:35 am by Wormer.

Some.

Mar 11 2009, 7:41 pm payne Post #63

:payne:

Quote from Vrael
The ability to display only certain triggers would be useful, say if there was a check box next to each trigger that you could select to display, and a clear all/select all button. I would find this especially useful for when I'm editing some trigger system or another and trying to work through it, but I have to look at a bunch of triggers I don't care about.

The ability to display 2 classic trigedit windows at once would also be useful, for editing cross-player trigger systems.
Both AWESOME ideas!!
Maybe let us classify our trigger by making some external categories (maybe something like the Force display and we select which one we want to see. Of course, add a default "All"). With that, it would become very easy to trigger for specific systems without having to search through all the triggers every time you close the window.

Maybe also add a real-time "search" feature so we don't need to press Enter to see the result ;P
An other improvement could be to be able to select something from the map (where we can edit the terrain) and to give us a link to some kind of "pre-search" where we see all triggers related to that unit/location. Add a way to do so with switches too please?
Also maybe give us a way of keeping track of our death counts :) :D

None.

Mar 11 2009, 8:13 pm Wormer Post #64

An ability to lock/hide some locations. When hidden the location either not displayed at all or is transparent and unselectable (unhide via locations listbox to the left). When locked the location is selectable but unmoveable.

Colorfull rainbow locations :inlove: (an ability to assign colors to locations).

For all metadata use an additional file stored in the same mpq archive as scenario.chk (scmd\metadata for example).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 11 2009, 8:19 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Mar 12 2009, 9:29 am Heinermann Post #65

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Don't kill me if I already mentioned these:

Unsort every dropdown list.
Remove the period in "Untitled Scenario".
Allow no condition for triggers.
Change "Neutral" to "Player 12".
Update colour on [unplaced] units when change player hotkey is pressed.
Pad the links to numbers in classic trigedit with spaces to make single digits easier to select.
Release the source code. ^_^

Mar 12 2009, 8:09 pm Psionic_Storm Post #66

Quote from NudeRaider
I've noticed that more and more posts are about "I'm too lazy to do this" or "Let ScmD automate that", many of them requiring a ridiculous amount of work. This is also making it hard for SI to keep track of the "real" requests. If that trend continues I'll go on another wild delete and edit spree. You have been warned.

Just post really useful feature requests adding a new function (e.g. EUDs in text triggers), not things that help you being more lazy (e.g. I'm too lazy to copy a backwards ramp from another map) when they can already be done manually. Also consider the amount of work such a function would need. SI has only so much time available and you can be pretty damn sure he will not implement everything, so let's stick to the most important things (or minor quick fixes).
After reading through the entire thread, I realized I completely have to agree with him.

No offense, but some requests, including backwards ramps, are totally ridiculous. How on earth is SI supposed to find all the custom-made doodads people have come up with in more than 5 years? Also, extended terrain is absolutely unofficial and ought not to be put near the normal doodads.

And to post other than complaint, here are a few things that have not been mentioned yet. They are little things but I think (and hope) they are not difficult to implement:

- You should receive a warning when trying to delete locations being used in triggers, just like in the original campaign editor.

- There could be a button in the Sound Editor that stops playing all wavs currently being played.

- There could also be a way to keep track of how many locations you have used up already and how far you are from the limit.

That's all I could suddenly think of, most of the others have been mentioned by NudeRaider already. I will post again when I have more suggestions.

Also, I would too like to thank you for helping the community by making SCMDraft and for giving us the opportunity to make suggestions with which you can improve it even further.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 12 2009, 10:34 pm by NudeRaider. Reason: strings: Check String Editor | doodads check status bar in dooda

None.

Mar 13 2009, 1:18 am Falkoner Post #67

Unsort every dropdown list.
Remove the period in "Untitled Scenario".
Allow no condition for triggers.
Change "Neutral" to "Player 12".
Update colour on [unplaced] units when change player hotkey is pressed.
Pad the links to numbers in classic trigedit with spaces to make single digits easier to select.
Release the source code. ^_^

I kinda like the sorting, what's wrong with it? :( Also, I think Neutral was a good idea, but I think the Neutral Players confuses people, so I would have it say Neutral(P12), and maybe change the name for Neutral Players.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 1:29 am Heinermann Post #68

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

What's wrong with it? It's not in order.

Mar 13 2009, 1:33 am FoxWolf1 Post #69

There should be a button that removes all of the leftover corpses and such when operating in "animate unit deaths" mode. It wouldn't make much practical difference, but it would save on annoyance.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 13 2009, 5:01 am by FoxWolf1.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 4:45 am payne Post #70

:payne:

Also, may I just remind the fact that adding some third party programs directly into SCMD2 would really rock (such as seeing the number of triggers done, etc... <-- that could possible help for the DLDB of SEN when requesting some informations via codes when uploading a map (if ever they want to make it like Maplantis' DLDB (which really rocked!)).

But for more serious stuff:
If you do not implement trigger comments that wouldn't increase string limit, well, could you then at least made it in sort that when we create a trigger, we have a little button that we can press so that is auto create a "Never" condition and a Comment"..." action? Moreover, it should redirect us directly to the comment's input text box.

Maybe made comments actions so that you just directly get to the input textbox.

In classic trigedit make it possible to use "Tab" to go fastly through the blue value links by making it text boxes.

Thanks for everything! :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 13 2009, 9:39 am by NudeRaider. Reason: removed elaborate sentences - see PM

None.

Mar 13 2009, 5:17 am Falkoner Post #71

Quote from Heinermann
What's wrong with it? It's not in order.

Oh, I thought you were referring to those with like unit names and such, you're right about the number organization though, it sucks.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 5:53 am samsizzle Post #72

In the latest version of scmdraft when you click on a location you cant just click and drag, you have to click and make sure its highlighted THEN click again then you can drag, it would be nice if you would only have to click and drag. If you smell what im stepping in.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 11:13 pm Roy Post #73

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Hotkeys for Classic TrigEdit (backspace/del to delete a condition/action, ctrl+c to copy a condition/action, arrow keys to move the condition/action).

Mar 13 2009, 11:22 pm Kaias Post #74

Quote from Roy
Hotkeys for Classic TrigEdit (backspace/del to delete a condition/action, ctrl+c to copy a condition/action, arrow keys to move the condition/action).
There are hotkeys, they just aren't exactly intuitive.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 11:22 pm ForTheSwarm Post #75

Quote from Roy
arrow keys to move the condition/action.

How about ctrl+arrow key instead? ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 13 2009, 11:53 pm by ForTheSwarm.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 11:30 pm Lt.Church Post #76

Quote from ForTheSwarm
Quote from Roy
arrow keys to move the condition/action).

How about ctrl+arrow key instead? ^^

seconded, just arrows would be too annoying and it'd happen by accident too often.

None.

Mar 14 2009, 2:30 am Roy Post #77

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Oh yeah, another one that I think has been mentioned before: A function to replace all instances of tile A with tile B.

Edit: Also selecting multiple locations (Shift-click) would be nice.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 14 2009, 10:24 pm by Roy.

Mar 15 2009, 8:40 pm Wormer Post #78

Make it possible to adjust placement to any custom grid (not only the first one), because the first grid overdraws the second.

Also, make custom grid settings remain till SCMD is closed.

Some.

Mar 17 2009, 12:27 am Suicidal Insanity Post #79

I see you !

Quote from samsizzle
In the latest version of scmdraft when you click on a location you cant just click and drag, you have to click and make sure its highlighted THEN click again then you can drag, it would be nice if you would only have to click and drag. If you smell what im stepping in.
That prevents some other location stuff from working, like creating a new location inside of a larger one. And that annoyed me way too much in staredit.

Mar 17 2009, 3:08 am Kaias Post #80

Quote from samsizzle
That prevents some other location stuff from working, like creating a new location inside of a larger one. And that annoyed me way too much in staredit.
I agree with this; scmdraft is much better than staredit in this regard.

I'm curious as to which suggestions you're considering.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 617 >
  Back to forum