Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final call for scmdraft
Final call for scmdraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 27 2009, 10:47 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 517 >

Mar 3 2009, 6:22 pm rockz Post #41

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

And open read only maps.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 3 2009, 11:04 pm Kaias Post #42

The ability to toggle between set names and default names in both Classic and Textual editor

None.

Mar 4 2009, 1:38 am Falkoner Post #43

[1] A "EUD" Editor... could take long time but would be useful, simple EUDs to detect where the mouse is and/or what key is pressed... couldn't you add those things as simple condition? You just should mark them as "red" if that is an EUD condition so it may be bugged after the next patch...

This is a bit useless, it's like the having backwards ramps doodads built-in, except worse, and it'd be out of date after a patch or so, just give general EUD support and I'd be happy.

Also, I found exactly what's wrong with the grid snapping when you paste, moved them around as if a section of the grid is where your mouse pointer is, since it would be if you were placing units, however, if you place it like in the middle of a block it gets messed up:

None.

Mar 4 2009, 2:01 am Syphon Post #44

Full Mod support.

In that, you select a SEMPQ or FireGraft file, and it loads all the data from the MPQ including GRPs, default stats, sizing, tilesets, palettes, default triggers, everything.

None.

Mar 5 2009, 9:59 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #45

I see you !

Quote from name:Richard Nixons Head
Full Mod support.

In that, you select a SEMPQ or FireGraft file, and it loads all the data from the MPQ including GRPs, default stats, sizing, tilesets, palettes, default triggers, everything.
thats why you can add MPQs to a custom profile...

Mar 5 2009, 10:19 pm Pyro682 Post #46

Hey, SI, SCMDraft told me to tell you about this error, so I thought this would be the appropriate time and place to let you know. It happens whenever I save a map, so I end up having to save it twice before I close the program. [attach=3067]

Attachments:
trigedit.dmp
Hits: 5 Size: 150.84kb

None.

Mar 6 2009, 1:37 am payne Post #47

:payne:

Quote from FoxWolf1
-Auto-blend: scans the pixels at the selected edge of a selected tile, then searches the tileset to show all tiles that blend with it (to a certain % accuracy).
This would be useful, though you MAY need some help from terrainers, ask us if ever you need a group of people to make-up a nice database of tile-blending ^^
Also, maybe create more doodads like backward ramps (quiet, Falk :P), but only if they are perfectly blended.
You should also simply install most of the little programs out there in SCMDraft and make them accessible by a simple click via a certain menu or I don't know.

Thanks for everything you've made for the Map Making Community, SI! :D <3

None.

Mar 6 2009, 2:11 am NudeRaider Post #48

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I've noticed that more and more posts are about "I'm too lazy to do this" or "Let ScmD automate that", many of them requiring a ridiculous amount of work. This is also making it hard for SI to keep track of the "real" requests. If that trend continues I'll go on another wild delete and edit spree. You have been warned.

Just post really useful feature requests adding a new function (e.g. EUDs in text triggers), not things that help you being more lazy (e.g. I'm too lazy to copy a backwards ramp from another map) when they can already be done manually. Also consider the amount of work such a function would need. SI has only so much time available and you can be pretty damn sure he will not implement everything, so let's stick to the most important things (or minor quick fixes).

Mar 6 2009, 2:18 am Falkoner Post #49

On the same note, I think the big thing is that we want to avoid making SI brute-force these ridiculous things for us, when it takes us about the same time to do it on our own.

Another quick request, when you do the New Map, could you have the walkable terrain be the first selected, instead of like water or tar or null? Because I can't even name all the countless times that I've started a map and just clicked Create Map and had to do it again because of that.

Also, change the Default Triggers triggers to None to begin with, since more often than not we don't need em.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 3:42 am Kaias Post #50

In the recent maps list, I suggest having the list updated by both saving and loading, rather than just loading. Usually we open our main project first and may open a few other maps for reference or terrain. Because it only does it by loading when we open it up the next day, the little maps we only opened real quick are on top of the Main one, thus why I suggest this.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 10:34 pm payne Post #51

Maybe a crash-detection feature that would have the most common crashing issues being detected and would advert the map maker when saving that it may crash SC (for e.g. some sprites ;P). It shouldn't be that hard to implement and I think it's a real pain to always have to go search for the right wiki to know if we're gonna crash or not...
Also - this request may be disapproved by many - maybe add a wiki section that all downloaders could update? Make it similar to the one in SEN. It's not all the map makers using SCMD that knows about the wiki in there.

None.

Mar 7 2009, 12:08 am Heinermann Post #52

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Since SCMD reads the iscript, it's quite possible to detect which sprites crash, or possibly preview disabled units, disabled sprite-units, or disabled+enabled units.

Mar 7 2009, 12:56 am Lt.Church Post #53

well i sorta exploit alot of disabled sprite effects, alot usually crash if viewed during the process before the effect be it disabling enabling disabling, enabling disabling, or any other combination so if that feature were added, id be nice to have it default off.

None.

Mar 7 2009, 1:12 am TiKels Post #54

Bug: I have noticed a bug. Heres how to reproduce it.
First set down a unit (such as ghost) next to unwalkable terrain. (Preferably square so its directly parallel)
Make sure the "Place Units Anywhere" function is turned off.
Go to Copy/Paste brush and select the ghost and the terrain around it and hit copy.
After u select the ghost, quickly move your mouse from the direction the ghost is to the water. (While holding down the mouse button so it pastes)
If done properly, you will immediatly get an error.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2009, 6:14 am by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 8 2009, 5:02 am ClansAreForGays Post #55

An "Always save as .scx" option.

Mar 8 2009, 3:09 pm r00k Post #56

- "copy paste" for Locations

- "snap to grid" when you copy more than 1 Sprite

- possibility to change the unit name in the unit properties

- colors in the mission briefing editor and an easy way to pick them for example like here in the forum.
- same for "Strings" window.
- Maybe you can just make a new window where you always have the colors and when you click on them you have them in the clipboard and than you can paste them everywhere ( unit names, mission briefing, strings, triggereditor,...)

- a bigger "Strings" window or even better a resizable one.

- Triggereditor "Conditions & Actions comandlist" with "copy paste" function

- possibility to open maps with more than 1064? strings with a warning that you must delete them. Scmdraft crashes when you have more i think, at least it did in my map.

- implement Unused unprotector so i dont have to use 2 programs to open maps. :rolleyes:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 8 2009, 3:22 pm by r00k.

None.

Mar 8 2009, 3:22 pm Decency Post #57

- A warning when deleting triggers, or even better an undo.

- Option to disable the profiles page. It's just an extra click to me every time I open the map editor.

- EUD Support

Another quick request, when you do the New Map, could you have the walkable terrain be the first selected, instead of like water or tar or null? Because I can't even name all the countless times that I've started a map and just clicked Create Map and had to do it again because of that.
+1

Those are my only suggestions off the top of my head. Thanks. =)

None.

Mar 9 2009, 1:22 am payne Post #58

- Colors activated into Comments

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 9 2009, 1:39 am by NudeRaider. Reason: Trigger duplicator? use text triggers 3rd party programs

None.

Mar 9 2009, 1:45 am Morphling Post #59

I'll make a list for SI
I might have duplicates and I might have missed some suggestions, but it helps SI so it's all good.
List

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 9 2009, 6:51 pm by Morphling.

None.

Mar 11 2009, 1:21 am Vrael Post #60

The ability to display only certain triggers would be useful, say if there was a check box next to each trigger that you could select to display, and a clear all/select all button. I would find this especially useful for when I'm editing some trigger system or another and trying to work through it, but I have to look at a bunch of triggers I don't care about.

The ability to display 2 classic trigedit windows at once would also be useful, for editing cross-player trigger systems.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 517 >
  Back to forum