Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: California proposes legalization of ...
California proposes legalization of ...
Feb 23 2009, 11:06 pm
By: ToA
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5

Feb 27 2009, 3:45 am A_of-s_t Post #81

aka idmontie

Quote from name:Richard Nixons Head
Quote from A_of-s_t
Note that I have said random. If you use a selection bias with random selection, would would get different, but similar bell curves.

Thank you for proving my point.

This is why to study the effects without bias you could not do what you originally stated.
Which was my point as well, I guess I just misworded it.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 27 2009, 6:23 pm Kellimus Post #82

I think legalizing Marijuana would be the first step in admitting the 'Drug War' is nothing but a failure that's wasted American 'tax' money for too long.

Go California, I know Awnald is going to be down for it cause he loves to smoke the reefer!

None.

Mar 17 2009, 4:13 am HavoK Post #83

Quote from Vrael
You must provide an opinion and argument related to the topic when opening a new topic in Serious Discussion.
Quote from name:SD Rules
7. Present arguments. (for new topics) When opening a new thead, please state your point of view or argument. News updates, "Ask me anything about X", etc., do not present a stance on an issue that is for debate.

Please provide such an argument, and not just a one liner "I support this" or "I am against this"
Sounds like an LA teacher... Lol... No offense or anything...

I myself agree to this 100% (mainly because I like it a lot), unfortunately i do not live in California, but I hope that it happens sometime in Canada. Would be nice! :D

None.

Mar 17 2009, 11:42 pm Moose Post #84

We live in a society.

HavoK, when posting in Serious Discussion, please try to make your posts more constructive and productive. You shared your stance on the issue, yes, but you provided no evidence or argumentation. For the future, please put more effort into your posts so that they make a substantial contribution to discussion.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2009, 11:53 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Apr 24 2009, 1:17 am Zell. Post #85

Smoking pot is a personal decision, it does not hurt other people. Alcohol, and results like drunk drivers is way more destructive, and hurtful to people. You should have the freedom to smoke pot. Many things are bad in excess, too much food=heart attack, too much alcohol=alcohol poisoning, too much weed=a dumb person, excess=bad continues... Also, if it helps the economy, then what more reason do you need? (I have never smoked weed)

None.

May 11 2009, 3:50 pm yenku Post #86

Quote from ForTheSwarm
What logic is that? "Let's legalize murders and robbery; that'll decrease crime!"
haha you obviously don't understand how cannabis affects people. The only thing that makes marijuana a crime is the law. It is such a stupid thing to make illegal.

Watch this short video, Joe Rogan is makes good points and is really funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJbh-O7-44Y

Quote from name:Shocko
Marijuana is mind altering and burns your lungs, makes people lazy and tired. Drug Dealers will still be drug dealers, those who sell marijuana will have to just move up the chain. With so much surplus in marijuana there will be a defecit in need for other drugs. Don't be surprised if homelessness, spousal dispues/abuse and teen pregnancy go up or test scores, work ethics and general standards to come down.
Yeah, that makes total sense... Try backing up your argument logically next time. People already smoke weed, any increase in hard drug use will be unrelated to marijuana. Sure people who do hard drugs have tried marijuana, but they moved on because thats not the drug they want, it doesnt mess them up and make them forget about reality. Instead, it opens your mind, relaxes you, and can serve as a useful medication.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5
  Back to forum