Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Temple Siege Strategy
Temple Siege Strategy
Feb 20 2009, 5:28 am
By: Ultraviolet
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8

Jun 25 2010, 7:52 pm NinjaOtis Post #141

I was wondering if there was a hack that makes the Bat's Sair auto target an enemy unit? Some froob was accusing a guy of it the other day.

@Close.ads: close.ads do you have a bad taste in your mouth? Are your lips dirty?

None.

Jun 26 2010, 9:28 pm ClansAreForGays Post #142

Someone made a hack that only works on 3.4. All it does is instantly commands mutas to ignore attacking anything but the closest hero, and have the bat's lv2 scourge perfectly move over the enemy's hero.

So no.

Jun 30 2010, 2:46 pm Malar Post #143

to HCM™stickynote's Light Mage build: the build i always won with was mass mana. it seems to be the best LM build ive found so far since once you get some exp in it, you can tank just as well as main combat heroes since they can't even touch you if you stack them. this forces them to constantly retreat or get hit repeatedly by the templars. it loses a bit of power late game if a lot of enemy heroes are going a hp/armor build, though by 160-200 mana i work towards reavers. of course this is mainly a solo light mage buildup when your playing with allies who you know wont be able to back you up, and you need to escape enemy heroes by yourself.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 5:30 pm close.ads Post #144

Quote from Malar
to HCM™stickynote's Light Mage build: the build i always won with was mass mana. it seems to be the best LM build ive found so far since once you get some exp in it, you can tank just as well as main combat heroes since they can't even touch you if you stack them. this forces them to constantly retreat or get hit repeatedly by the templars. it loses a bit of power late game if a lot of enemy heroes are going a hp/armor build, though by 160-200 mana i work towards reavers. of course this is mainly a solo light mage buildup when your playing with allies who you know wont be able to back you up, and you need to escape enemy heroes by yourself.

Check Post 138.

There is no such thing as 'best build', at least not here in m9t yet. It is easier to destroy a build than to come up with one, either by: 1. coming up with a move that counters it; 2. complain that the move is unstoppable and CAFG will remove it for you in the next version.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 2:33 am Sacrieur Post #145

Still Napping

I don't know, LM seems so strange, in all honesty I think there is something to be found in power reavers.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 3:06 am ClansAreForGays Post #146

It's very hard to pull off, but its possible to Lv4,Lv3, and then lv1. You have to have tons of mana, and extremely fast fingers, because you won't have the psi to make the zealot when the goons hit. Deals more damage than archer lv4. Full hp Lv4 warrior, Chaos, or Super charged will not survive.

Jul 1 2010, 3:46 am Sacrieur Post #147

Still Napping

Quote from ClansAreForGays
It's very hard to pull off, but its possible to Lv4,Lv3, and then lv1. You have to have tons of mana, and extremely fast fingers, because you won't have the psi to make the zealot when the goons hit. Deals more damage than archer lv4. Full hp Lv4 warrior, Chaos, or Super charged will not survive.

Really? So there is a more powerful combo then l3 + l1... It could easily decimate any hero within seconds, full hp or no.

None.

Jul 1 2010, 11:06 am close.ads Post #148

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from ClansAreForGays

Really? So there is a more powerful combo then l3 + l1... It could easily decimate any hero within seconds, full hp or no.
Easy when you FINALLY get it before you die. Everyone knows lm is a great late game unit and will try eliminate it before late game comes, unless they do have a good counter unit in their team that isn't an idiot.

None.

Jul 2 2010, 8:55 pm Malar Post #149

i usually dont go reavers till really late game, cause i only LM when i have truly noob team mates. cause then i can be a walking base for them to deter stalking players

None.

Jul 5 2010, 7:50 pm DoLLe Post #150

Generally LM isn't a very good unit, should build a team around him. Yes his Late-game is great, Yes he can pump out huge amounts of DPS, yes hes powerful. Though overall hes still not that great. Unless you are going to suicide against him on his own he wont do much, however he does have some amazing setups and is a cornerstone in countering any Bat+Summoner setups.

None.

Jul 6 2010, 12:43 am DoLLe Post #151

I want to bring up Random vs Pick debate again. This replay exmplefies everything wrong with the community.

Thought I'd post this replay because it explains everything wrong with the TS community. How do blue and teal lose an unloseable game, then blame red when he does everything to set them up for victory yet they MAKE HIM still lose.

- Blue makes excuses whole game dies before lings (Hey he did rush ling :D)
- Teal just suicides
- South team complains about counter whores
- Blue and Teal are obviously hostile toward anything Red says concerning randoming
- Just watch the replay, and see why the community will never flourish when we have pubs playing and so hostile toward anything concerning getting better.
- I want you to watch the relative skill level of the others and compare them.
- Again, blue rushed ling, died twice, made excuses. Then died and third time and turned on red.
- Green is obviously pubstar.

Thanks for ePwnage.com for the replay ''^_^.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzzwrjqznxo/This is why pubs are bad.rep

None.

Jul 6 2010, 1:12 am Jack Post #152

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from DoLLe
I want to bring up Random vs Pick debate again. This replay exmplefies everything wrong with the community.

Thought I'd post this replay because it explains everything wrong with the TS community. How do blue and teal lose an unloseable game, then blame red when he does everything to set them up for victory yet they MAKE HIM still lose.

- Blue makes excuses whole game dies before lings (Hey he did rush ling :D)
- Teal just suicides
- South team complains about counter whores
- Blue and Teal are obviously hostile toward anything Red says concerning randoming
- Just watch the replay, and see why the community will never flourish when we have pubs playing and so hostile toward anything concerning getting better.
- I want you to watch the relative skill level of the others and compare them.
- Again, blue rushed ling, died twice, made excuses. Then died and third time and turned on red.
- Green is obviously pubstar.

Thanks for ePwnage.com for the replay ''^_^.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzzwrjqznxo/This is why pubs are bad.rep
Blue was a horribad ling player, I wasn't watching teal much but he was probably the same. Bottom had high exp and shoulda tried to counter reavers with reavers, not much else they could do with their randoming. Your flaming was just feeding trolls, no need to tell them that they suck. It certainly didn't help them get any better.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 6 2010, 3:04 pm close.ads Post #153

Quote from DoLLe
Generally LM isn't a very good unit, should build a team around him. Yes his Late-game is great, Yes he can pump out huge amounts of DPS, yes hes powerful. Though overall hes still not that great. Unless you are going to suicide against him on his own he wont do much, however he does have some amazing setups and is a cornerstone in countering any Bat+Summoner setups.
I agree. If you allow the lm to max mana and huge upgrades, he literally becomes a walking death himself. Once we were pitted against a lm at 3000exp(we kept telling our teammate: DON"T BUILD REAVER!" but since he's pubstar he kept doing it) Only thing that doesn't die against lm in 1st second of lm encounter is a transforming mech, but he died on the 2nd second. First time ever seeing our temple taken down in less than a minute.

None.

Jul 11 2010, 10:43 am Fashioned Post #154

Quote from Jack
Blue was a horribad ling player, I wasn't watching teal much but he was probably the same. Bottom had high exp and shoulda tried to counter reavers with reavers, not much else they could do with their randoming. Your flaming was just feeding trolls, no need to tell them that they suck. It certainly didn't help them get any better.
But so are you? :wtfage: How do you get the credibility to say who is bad or good when you need a lot of practice yourself? ^^

None.

Jul 11 2010, 10:09 pm Jack Post #155

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Fashioned
Quote from Jack
But so are you? :wtfage: How do you get the credibility to say who is bad or good when you need a lot of practice yourself? ^^
I'm not THAT bad...

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 18 2010, 1:48 am x-EnAlex Post #156

Hey, Don't worry, I had a worse game.
(I was blue, Warrior)
- One enemy left during the briefing.
- Teal dropped at start of game
- Purp goes Archer, Oj goes Mech and Red goes Summoner (Seriously.)
- Red gets hunted down 2 times, he complains about the other team hacking.
- Oj and Purp pummels me while red is just farming and I die, Red calls be a "Fucking piece of shit to the team"
- I get hunted while red keeps on farming exp.
- Red gets killed by purp, Red drops Purp, Oj Drops red.
- At the end, I almost kill Oj just to have him transform quickly to an tank and kick my ass, GG.

None.

Jul 18 2010, 2:08 am LoTu)S Post #157

Quote from x-EnAlex
Hey, Don't worry, I had a worse game.
(I was blue, Warrior)
- One enemy left during the briefing.
- Teal dropped at start of game
- Purp goes Archer, Oj goes Mech and Red goes Summoner (Seriously.)
- Red gets hunted down 2 times, he complains about the other team hacking.
- Oj and Purp pummels me while red is just farming and I die, Red calls be a "Fucking piece of shit to the team"
- I get hunted while red keeps on farming exp.
- Red gets killed by purp, Red drops Purp, Oj Drops red.
- At the end, I almost kill Oj just to have him transform quickly to an tank and kick my ass, GG.

Sounds like an average pub game to me

None.

Nov 5 2010, 12:19 am StarBlue Post #158

A good strategy is to always focus your heroes on middle and bottom gateways, since the top is the easiest to capture on the first night. Make sure you have an assault, special ops, mutant, summoner, warrior, or basically any units that isn't light mage, dark mage, or medic. SUmmoner can send spawn right up and so can archer, but archer can also just run by. Like mutant, warrior, mech (spell 2a), special ops (stim), and assault (stim or spell 3). Of course we ALL know about assassin's spell 3. Back to gate capturing, remember to always have two heroes go middle and one go bottom (to stall untill middle is captured). Once you have middle, send all three heroes to get the bottom. At night, like I said before, capture top. Sometimes they have a probe there for an assimilator, so keep an eye out. It's best to use a burrowing unit to hide from the probe. One you have all gates, do NOT let the enemy train, keep them under constant pressure, but while still training on spawns. It goes gg pretty quickly.
EDIT
Don't forget to keep an eye on the top, prefferably with a probe or even spider mines.

None.

Nov 5 2010, 12:25 am LoTu)S Post #159

The only reason why that strategy would even be viable is because the top is easily exploitable. Notice that there are no cannons guarding the capture area, which allows fast//durable units to pass through the defense and capture without the enemy knowing. Actually, practically unit can run pass the cannons in the south and capture the gate right away. Pro players actually monitor the condition of the top base and prevent fast units such as mutant to pass by the defenses and capture the base in a swift manner. Addressing your other strategies, most of them are common sense.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8
  Back to forum