Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: Ex's Newest Large Map: (8)Dominion
Ex's Newest Large Map: (8)Dominion
Feb 19 2009, 2:56 am
By: Excalibur  

Feb 19 2009, 2:56 am Excalibur Post #1

The sword and the faith

Doodading hasn't been done yet but I wanted to share my latest addition to both the Mod Night large maps and my current Phantom projects:

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 19 2009, 3:04 am Demented Shaman Post #2

At first I was like whoa there's no doodads, maybe Ex is trying something new. But then I read the message. :rolleyes:

Oh well, since it's an Ex map it isn't finished until it gets shit on. ^^

None.

Feb 19 2009, 3:09 am Lord Malvanis Post #3

Very nice, But I could be wrong but wouldn't the map be a little bit of an advantage for T because of all the bridges?

None.

Feb 19 2009, 3:10 am ClansAreForGays Post #4

I like it. And that's saying alot because I hate symmetry.

Feb 19 2009, 3:11 am ClansAreForGays Post #5

Quote from Lord Malvanis
Very nice, But I could be wrong but wouldn't the map be a little bit of an advantage for T because of all the bridges?
I think the double chokes null that out.

Feb 19 2009, 3:15 am Sand Wraith Post #6

she/her

The little pits around the middle expansions look amazing.

Also, I do not think it would be disadvantageous to Terran because of the bridges; there are only two for each main (from outside). Maybe two is too many though... I'm not sure. It would be fun with a three-way flank though; attack with massed units from front, drop assassins in mineral field (or on bridge that connects main and expo).

Feb 19 2009, 3:59 am Excalibur Post #7

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Barack Obama
At first I was like whoa there's no doodads, maybe Ex is trying something new. But then I read the message. :rolleyes:

Oh well, since it's an Ex map it isn't finished until it gets shit on. ^^
The only doodads I'm going to add are totally needed because they're walkable high plating doodads that make said plating unbuildable. There's no other way to do that on high ground.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Lord Malvanis
I think the double chokes null that out.
Somewhat. It is a little T shifted but I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind, 2p, 3p, and 4p balance is not the same as 5p, 6p, 7p, or 8p balance.

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
The little pits around the middle expansions look amazing.
The mid expos were a last minute afterthought and probably the best feature of the map.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
  Back to forum