Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 570 >

Feb 13 2009, 1:53 am Iceman16 Post #41

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Dam, I've never seen you in a game, but I can tell you really know all the little things that most people don't know, so nvm.

But when responding I just read this, so I curtailed my objections the same way:
I'm basing most of this off of games on MT and M3.

All I'll say is the assasin's tech path is would be lv2+mana spam because his lv2 disables mines. Also I know for a fact that you can not sit in base and mine drone all 3 lanes from there, it simply doesn't go that far(unless they capped all the gates, in which case they have their own sever advantage).

Also, I'm surprised that you still win when the other team is on to your spawn tech scheme. They only have to stay within 1 level of you to be competitive. zealots do well against hydras.
Assassin L2 is NOT a tech path to counter mines, half the game he won't even know where the mines are since it's night and the sheer number of mines is overwhelming. And yes, it's incredibly easy to feed all lanes while staying safe, whether it be from base or gates. Not only are most heroes restricted to their temple, they are denied feed since the mines will kill the own teams' spawns.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 3:17 am UnholyUrine Post #42

I have now Fixed the Bugs. (I think :P)
And made several changes:
-Summoner zling cap at 9
-Max 3 nuking ghosts for assault. Cannot cloak
-Mine Drones will be uninvincible after it is done.
-Lurker is now 4700hp
-Lurker's L4 will cause foes to have the "earthquake effect" like in L3 if they were near it..
-Assims are now 1/3 slower
-Armored refinery added

And have released it in the DLDB. Please DL HERE (or from the front page) =D!

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2009, 3:42 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 3:27 am Decency Post #43

Jesus finally. Hosting now.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 3:35 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #44

Just here for the activity... well not really

File has been deleted. Section unavailble.?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Feb 13 2009, 3:38 am UnholyUrine Post #45

Okay.. I had to add smth more..
You guys can now download it =D

None.

Feb 13 2009, 3:50 am Moose Post #46

We live in a society.

Inspirational.

Feb 13 2009, 4:32 am Decency Post #47

Bugs in game 1:
- Lurker casts L2 as it dies, death registers but it immediately moves back to location of observer. Player did not think he received exp for the kill.
- Lurker L3 does not stun foes across the map, as advertised, and has a ridiculously small spell size...
- Medic heal did not modify the medic's HP. Subsequent heals did so...

None.

Feb 13 2009, 4:58 am Espybuns Post #48

Ah! Another great update for a great map.

Just had a test run at it(Playing assassin my favorite hero)
And couldn't help but notice how badly overpowered Engineer mines are.

Just take a quick look at the replay.

Attachments:
OPEngreplay.rep
Hits: 6 Size: 262.91kb

None.

Feb 13 2009, 5:15 am Lt.Church Post #49

gl conveying engineer is OP when he is widely regarded a massive nerf from his previous incantation of spec ops :ermm:

None.

Feb 13 2009, 5:41 am Decency Post #50

Replay is against semi-newbies. Purple should have used his halluc's to clear mines out virtually for free, and you should have been no where near your base for the second half of the game.

Also, your team gave engineer two kills by being ridiculously slow to respond to his L1 mine casts. That's not to say that Mine Drone isn't overpowered, but people need to at least do something intelligent to try to counter it, or I'm not buying.

Dragoon Invulnerability spell should probably have a cooldown. =o

None.

Feb 13 2009, 6:47 am th1rt33n Post #51

mech l4 needs to have the amount of wriaths spawned on l4 by at least half "its like l4 hydra but no delay, more mobile and more power then its old l4 lol" quoted from iceman. couldnt explain it any better

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:11 pm Thuy Post #52

lol i mass spider mines on top of the lurker :D epic death

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:34 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #53

hey...Um mutant...yeah 12 LURKERS WERE IN THE GAME FOR 20 MINS they were full hped and the guy who had them was a asshole anyways its glitched map dont play it....till thats fixed or your going to have someone abuse mutant and kill everyone with a lurker army...I think he had 24???

anyways!

love the game play other than that its cool

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:36 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #54

btw 20 mins I mean they died and he spawned more. which this all means glitch in a very mad way of explaining it lol

sorry
Other glitches while test playing:
Hp glitch for golitah has been mentioned.
Assault: someone mentioned a spell stayed for longer than it should've or something... just what I been hearing

will report in if anything found :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2009, 12:42 pm by DaltonSerdynski.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:49 pm Vi3t-X Post #55

I didn't really bother reading all of the posts, but several glitches that we had discovered yesterday were:

Mutant Lurkers stay infinitely.
Mutant Lings are invincible and stay infinitely after Lurker (L3) has been cast.

Mech L4 is infinite, should they unsiege, they are given to the computer player.

Earth Demon has the Obs problem where it respawns next to the observer.

And of course, balance issues.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:51 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #56

healing ward doesnt heal goon and mech just a quick pointer

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:57 pm xYoshix Post #57

Quote from DaltonSerdynski
healing ward doesnt heal goon and mech just a quick pointer
volt, too

None.

Feb 13 2009, 1:05 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #58

yeah it was a quick observation

Lurker cant 1v1 anyone hes more of a base defense then a really anything. hes good at hopping walls and getting raped by assualts corsair. lurker is going to need work on I can tell yah now.

goon OP maybe was playing a game and he owned lurker nad lm like they were broodlings...serious looking into.

l2 of mechs failed 8 times in game. quick note 9:49 am

another glitch when you kill dropship of assualts he will lose one life and happens every time when we kileld dropped ship and another thing a vulture appeared with limited hp to the marine for some odd reason and would heal automaticly to 1800 hmmm

Observer gives 20 exp at the start :O not even after the dark before dark of the first day

psion arbiter pretty much only works at night and if you plan to invade a base with it your not going to get far with him and stasis isnt upgraded also! From war of zerathis(play it) add the stasis effect of showing hp and able to attack while stasis. then maybe it would be a good ultimate strike. We need good lvl4s not hey...here you go blank....

ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!! this has been my entire morning of testing...Im tired been on for 5 hours playing this and been up since yesterday....tired good night. Love you guys and dont take my opinions offensely just ideas and what I have experienced. Thxs to all who read and blah blah blah

Peace

-Dalton

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2009, 3:17 pm by DaltonSerdynski.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 2:42 pm Thuy Post #59

i haven't use psion yet so i don't know how he works, but in the games i've played the players who used psion said his spells aren't working. Either that or they don't know how to use psion. But i've only witness 2 spells that were used the mana drain and the invincibility.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 3:47 pm Lt.Church Post #60

lurker's observer should get health upgrades to SOME extent 50hp is ridiculously low once you hit marines since what, 3 computer rines kill it in 1hit, sorta nullifies its use 50% of the game(in day). also most range heros can 1hit kill it by about early/mid zergling spawn.

edit: engineer is now worse than before, he can now only have 1 of each turret in his control at a time making them utterly useless, the armored assim is useless as it costs 10 more making a probe more cost effective for more than 1 assim, also the probe makes it and walks away, scv sits there building it super open for attack, making it an easy target for ranged units specifically mech and his sieged tanks which out range EVERY engineer construct. The new mines make engineer not have a single good move as mid zergling cycle majority of ranged units 1hit kill mines making it purely feed.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2009, 5:40 pm by Lt.Church.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 570 >
  Back to forum