Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Drop Ship System.
Drop Ship System.
Sep 27 2007, 4:29 am
By: ETEFT(U)  

Sep 27 2007, 11:32 pm Akar Post #21

Falkoner is right, it does look better. And I have to make an Example Map for this. I won't post it, but if you want me to I will.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 2:31 am ETEFT(U) Post #22

I'd have to agree with Falkoner on this one, the hypertriggers make a great difference in the game play. I could tell when I was testing it out yesterday for the first time in a while now.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 9:51 am zerg Post #23

by the way, I believe dropships are the slowest-loading of all the transports, and overlords are fastest.

so if you want to go for a faster inventory-selection experience, use an overlord. shuttles are still probably faster than dropships.

some people may claim there's no actual difference, but I think there is. even if I'm wrong, the sound effect makes the overlord sound faster. sounds like a "chunk", like you're dropping a piece of fruit, instantaneous effect, rather than powering down a computer or something.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 11:24 am Akar Post #24

No... all drops are the same speed, 250 ms (i think, i might be wrong).

None.

Sep 28 2007, 1:06 pm Falkoner Post #25

They're the same speed, but most transports move to get the units, so that makes an overlord faster since it accelerates to full speed almost immediately.

None.

Options
  Back to forum