Feb 6 2009, 5:28 pm ClansAreForGays Post #21

Badlands

Feb 6 2009, 5:32 pm Forsaken Archer Post #22

This could potentially be awesome... on SC2 ;o

None.

Feb 6 2009, 9:31 pm Heinermann Post #23

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Polls are up. This will NOT be a mod.

The idea is to be as creative as possible. More time and detail spent on just a small area should produce some really nice (combined) results.

I see some of us have come up with some rules, I'll re-post them.

If we had minerals, we could have made it possible to buy terrain, to prevent the use of too much space. My house is at the top of a mountain.
That really wouldn't work out. It's a good thought though.

we could also have a unit placed to keep track of each players space, and they name the unit their screen name
I'm all in for this. You would have to claim the units you want to use though. Somewhere between one and five units would be a good amount. We'd have to all agree on it though, possibly split the number of units between the number of members participating.

Buildings, doors, gun traps, observers, etc are automatically unclaimable because of their possible use in terrain and special effects, so they can be used by any member. (Renaming of those units to blank).

are there going to be roads conecting houses?
This should be required also.

So how are you going to implement a StarCraft II Stargate, a Pit of Death, and James Brown on the map?
This won't be the same as the SEN map in the other forum topic. It should be independant of that thread.

If you guys go through with this, could you please post lots of screenshots? I lost my SC installation but still visit SEN and wantz to see.
No problem.

Also, please post saying if you will be a part of this map so we can get an initial count of members participating. I'm not sure if you want to participate or not if you just reply without saying so.

More map info:
- Non-player units will be owned by players 9-12. We can also vote on the colours to be used for each player(must be one of the 12 VALID colours).
- Locations can be used, don't use too many though.
- This map doesn't have to be strictly terrain. We could make it like an RP or something.
- There will be at most one computer player. Reply if you have a different idea of allocating the player slots.
- Hyper triggers will automatically be used for all players.

Remember it doesn't necessarily have to be city-scape.

The primary map will be started on Saturday February 14th, 2009. You can start your piece beforehand if you'd like.

On another note, we have 65270 sq tiles to allocate. (256x256 - 256[last row] - 10[last row HUD; 5 per side])

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 6 2009, 11:37 pm by Heinermann.

Feb 7 2009, 12:52 am Dungeon-Master Post #24

I took badlands and divided for all players, caus i just su>< too much on making terrain with temple...
I am in the project and might start my piece this weekend, but i would like to know fast how much room we will have.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 2:28 am LoveLess Post #25

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I dunno what tileset I would prefer, dont really care at this point. I can tell you now that their WILL be fire in my base. Locaiton 00 reserved for moving and disabling >:O

None.

Feb 7 2009, 5:26 am RIVE Post #26

Just Here For The Pie

The picture is still being modding a bunch. Make sure to leave space for a bazillion version updates.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 8:10 am BlueWolf Post #27

Has anyone here played Blockland? This is really reminding me of it. It's a lego game, and people play on same servers, usually creating their own houses, ending up in a city. You could walk around, go inside others houses, and find secrets of the other player's houses. :D I want to play the map on ums, and arrive at someone's house with a display text showing me who built the house, and a quote from the maker.

something like this:
Blu's House
"Beware Of Jerk With Masculinity Issues"

None.

Feb 7 2009, 3:53 pm Heinermann Post #28

Ok, so then some more things to allocate per member.

+ Reserved units.
+ Reserved Locations (2x number of units)
+ Reserved Switches (2x number of units)
+ Reserved Death counts (2x number of units[your units and one building or unusable unit])

We'll worry about strings if we ever reach the limit.

Feb 7 2009, 5:20 pm Riney Post #29

Thigh high affectionado

Longcat must be present

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 7 2009, 6:21 pm Heinermann Post #30

Units that can be claimed as their own:

Code
Terran Marine
Terran Ghost
Terran Vulture
Terran Goliath
Terran Siege Tank
Terran SCV
Gui Montag (Firebat)
Sarah Kerrigan (Ghost)
Alan Schezar (Goliath)
Jim Raynor (Vulture)
Jim Raynor (Marine)
Edmund Duke (Siege Tank)
Terran Firebat
Terran Medic
Zerg Zergling
Zerg Hydralisk
Zerg Ultralisk
Zerg Drone
Zerg Defiler
Torrasque (Ultralisk)
Infested Kerrigan
Unclean One (Defiler)
Hunter Killer (Hydralisk)
Devouring One (Zergling)
Protoss Dark Archon
Protoss Probe
Protoss Zealot
Protoss Dragoon
Protoss High Templar
Protoss Archon
Tassadar/Zeratul (Archon)
Fenix (Zealot)
Fenix (Dragoon)
Tassadar (Templar)
Warbringer (Reaver)
Protoss Reaver
Aldaris (Templar)
Samir Duran (Ghost)
Alexei Stukov (Ghost)
Infested Duran

That's a total of 40 units. I excluded air units, critters, and immobile units to be practical, I excluded air units, cloaked units, and burrowable units to be fair.

The above units will receive our SEN user account names. That also gives us a minimum allocated space of 1631 sq tiles each.
The rest of the units will have generic names that anyone can use. You can vote on the names as well.

Feb 7 2009, 6:32 pm Toothfariy Post #31

we could have zerglings be dogs

like some of the zergs could be pets, and we could even have a SEN Zoo!

u got the polar bear critter thing, ultras are like elephants, and we can figure out crap out too

None.

Feb 7 2009, 7:09 pm Riney Post #32

Thigh high affectionado

Devouring one = Longcat
Jimmy = Me

Kekekekekekekkeke I win

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 9 2009, 3:31 am payne Post #33

:payne:

I want the EPIC Terran Civilian, N-A-O!!! :O
And for being part of it... I'll check it out later, for now, I would say no, but who knows? :O

None.

Feb 10 2009, 4:03 am blacklight28 Post #34

Psh, excluding cloaked units. Zeratul ftw. Ah well, Alan Schezar is good too.

None.

Feb 10 2009, 4:28 am stickynote Post #35

I want Fenix (zealot) because he is a hardcore motherfucker. Death doesn't kill him.

None.

Feb 10 2009, 4:31 am Toothfariy Post #36

I definatly got dibs on Gui Montag, he's such a bamf

None.

Feb 10 2009, 5:34 am BlueWolf Post #37

Fixed allocated space, just in case we get more people to participate.

None.

Feb 10 2009, 5:35 am EzDay281 Post #38

I would like to enter.
Since it's "playable", what kinda gameplay would it have?
Like, the players get a Civilian in some corner of the map ( random example wut ) , which can run around, presumably activating triggers/screwing with pre-placed units in peoples' various regions?

None.

Feb 10 2009, 5:48 am Echo Post #39

Terran ghost non hero = Echo :D

And it should be a fixed amount for each person.

None.

Feb 10 2009, 6:16 am LoveLess Post #40

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I will also enter. Dibs on Ultralisk and I'll also be using the Larger Protoss Gas.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum