Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: An inevitable Theory.
An inevitable Theory.
Jan 26 2009, 11:59 pm
By: lSHaDoW-FoXl  

Jan 26 2009, 11:59 pm lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #1

Okay, this is in regards towards the situation on how some of us cannot to battle.net. At first, I merely had numerous suspicions and ideas, but now I have an entire theory constructed towards this. AS some of you have heard, I proposed a retrospective relevant to something that happened in WoW. That something? Blizzard submitted a patch and some reason anyone that uses Bell could not connect.

Numerous people dismissed this belief. My sister is in tech support, and she is the one that shared the information with me, so I'd prefer trusting her words. But, what does WoW have to deal with SC? Well, simple. I have discovered, or at least I believe I have... I asked Artanis (who as well is having a problem connecting to Battle.net) on what connection he uses, apparently he uses Rogers. The same as me.

Perhaps a coincidence? Not quite. To explain the full theory -

I assume Rogers is a Canadian only company, and if not then it's definitely not as big as others. which would explain why not a lot of people are having connection problems compared to a huge international company like Bell. Either way I'll try messaging blizzard of this and get down to this. If it is due to the patch, I hope to god I get some cookies and Starcraft back...

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:07 am Vi3t-X Post #2

I'm using Rogers Cable, works fine.
My friend uses Bell DSL Networks, works fine.
Its a problem on your end.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:15 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #3

Really? Aw dammit all. And to think I thought I was right too...

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:19 am Morphling Post #4

Ever think you're just banned?

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:29 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #5

Not at all. I cannot see any reason for me being banned, particularly if they do not state that I am banned.And I have uncovered more and more people are having the same problem as I am. I truly do believe the new patch had a defect. Aw well, it may and it may not. The only way I'll find out is through research and time.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 12:53 am Morphling Post #6

Well, they never tell me when i'm banned and i've been banned for no reason sometimes, up to two weeks.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:49 am Syphon Post #7

Because you use hacks.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:59 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #8

Well, if it is a ban then according to blizzard I should be for thirty days o.o. I suppose we'll tell if it is a ban through time.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 5:22 am TriggR_HappE Post #9

Have you tried logging onto any of the other 4 gateways(East, West, Europe, Asia)? If you are only unable to join your prefered gateway but can connect to the others, then it could be a temporary restriction (Didn't work? Check that off the list). If your account has been closed, it would inform you of such upon attempted login (Check that off the list). If your CD-Key has been disabled, it would inform you of such upon attempted login (Check that off the list). If your CD-Key has been muted, you would be able to connect just fine, you just wouldn't be able to talk to anyone except for in games (Check that off the list). If you can't connect to any gateway and keep getting a connection error message, you have a connection problem (Bingo?).

Follow the steps here and see if you can get it working.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 27 2009, 5:34 am by TriggR_HappE.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 11:13 pm badcop Post #10

Change your ip too 'cause if you're banned via CD Keys it's usually ip based.

None.

Jan 28 2009, 4:25 am Riney Post #11

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Morphling
Ever think you're just banned?

Ever think hes just trying to get attention?

And I bet 200$ if he logs in, it gets to accessing account and quits on him, he used a banned cdkey and hes got the usual 2 week max suspension (Ironicly the second time only lasted 2 days for me though)

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 20 2010, 3:58 pm Liberty-Prime Post #12

Quote from TriggR_HappE
Have you tried logging onto any of the other 4 gateways(East, West, Europe, Asia)? If you are only unable to join your prefered gateway but can connect to the others, then it could be a temporary restriction (Didn't work? Check that off the list). If your account has been closed, it would inform you of such upon attempted login (Check that off the list). If your CD-Key has been disabled, it would inform you of such upon attempted login (Check that off the list). If your CD-Key has been muted, you would be able to connect just fine, you just wouldn't be able to talk to anyone except for in games (Check that off the list). If you can't connect to any gateway and keep getting a connection error message, you have a connection problem (Bingo?).

Follow the steps here and see if you can get it working.

Quote from ">http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20792&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2612]
Temporary Restrictions:
Please try to connect to all four Battle.net Realms (USEast, USWest, Europe, and Asia). If only one Battle.net Realm is inaccessible to you, then it may just be a temporary connection problem or a temporary restriction. Battle.net access may be temporarily restricted for one of the following reasons:
- Spamming text in the chat channel (often associated with bots)
- Rapidly connecting/disconnecting to Battle.net (often associated with bots)
- Repeated attempts to use an invalid CD-Key
- Repeated use of an incorrect password may lock an account login for your protection
- Repeated use of third-party programs (hacks)
- these include but are not limited to sending bad packets, flooding the server(s), and the use of hack programs

Well, I have done none of these and I am having a problem connecting to us west. (I do know this topic has not been posted on for a long time.)

None.

Jun 20 2010, 5:16 pm ClansAreForGays Post #13

Quote from Syphon
Because you use hacks.

Jun 20 2010, 5:16 pm Jesusfreak Post #14

I was once banned for several MONTHS for no reason whatsoever. It happens :(.

None.

Options
  Back to forum