Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Most Overrated map awards!
Most Overrated map awards!
Jan 25 2009, 11:29 pm
By: lSHaDoW-FoXl  

Feb 12 2009, 3:10 pm Pyro682 Post #21

:bleh: I'm gonna have to agree with the guy that mentions mass attack games. (Too lazy to scroll up, hahaha! :bleh: ) Anyways, if there ISN'T a Rigged player (Which there is in about.... 87% of the maps), then the game either takes forever to finish, and its the same damn stuff over and over again.
Move Civ to Beacon. Wait 20 seconds. Move Civ to beacon. Wait 20 Seconds. Move civ to................ etc.

My Nomination for 1st Place.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 8:30 pm UnholyUrine Post #22

thank goodness Temple Siege is not on the list :P

Also.. include Golems to the list.. :P.. it was once classic.. but now it sux

None.

Feb 12 2009, 9:43 pm Zhuinden Post #23

Oh god, Naruto MotS is such a failure. Naruto Hokage Battle was simple but at least fun until there were a lot of people who went and made new versions that made no sense balance-wise (Rev06 and Rev07, Ryuken damn you).

Also! Why isn't Temple Siege on that list? I mean come on.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 1:50 am Riney Post #24

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Zhuinden
Also! Why isn't Temple Siege on that list? I mean come on.

Cause if it was they would be banned

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 13 2009, 3:50 am UnholyUrine Post #25

u might as well include Type Moon Arena, and The War of Emperium..

1. Type moon has lame music and terrain.. fail.
2. War of Emp is saved as "The war of emp".. which is under t.. which makes it hard to find.. which makes it fail.
also it has lame terrain... fail...

:P

naruto mots was fun :O... but it depends.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 4:04 am stickynote Post #26

Korean maps, they literally make DoTA on sc, with skill level ups, items and such. And of course flashy attacks with killer triggers.

Example? And it doesn't help because no one in the US can read what is being said. Unless someone makes a translated version.

None.

Feb 16 2009, 4:36 am Polkaman Post #27

Why is Naruto: MotS fail? Cause u smell? :bleh:

None.

Feb 16 2009, 1:21 pm Black Knight Post #28

Quote from UnholyUrine
u might as well include Type Moon Arena, and The War of Emperium..

1. Type moon has lame music and terrain.. fail.
2. War of Emp is saved as "The war of emp".. which is under t.. which makes it hard to find.. which makes it fail.
also it has lame terrain... fail...

:P

naruto mots was fun :O... but it depends.

Naruto MoTS is a failure, it is true, Korean Arena maps are much better made, in balance, more or or less and in effects, more attacks, and such. And it is VERY easy to learn how to play Korean arena maps, and as i said so much more, Koreans do not care about their terrain, they care about triggers, we Americans make great terrain, but our triggers are pathetic compared to Koreans and vice a versa, it'd be better if a Korean map maker would have a co-op with one of our terrainest to make a map.

Quote from stickynote
Example? And it doesn't help because no one in the US can read what is being said. Unless someone makes a translated version.

Foolish jester as I've said before people like YOU do not understand the concept of Korean maps, you see they are alike in many ways once you understand the concept. Once you understand the concept of Korean DoTAs it's kinda smooth sailing from there.

Quote from Polkaman
Why is Naruto: MotS fail? Cause u smell? :bleh:

As i said up there, there are many other well made arena maps that have been translated like Last Battle(Nearly), We Are Friend V24, V25, V26, Korean Narutos(Yes there are these), and more to come once Zhou-Shu gets ahold of other arena maps that we think are balanced/well made.
WaF is not well balanced more or less(anymore, v26) because the maker does nopt care about balance his motto is "Cooldown", foolish indeed.

None.

Feb 16 2009, 1:26 pm Black Knight Post #29

Quote from Pyro682
:bleh: I'm gonna have to agree with the guy that mentions mass attack games. (Too lazy to scroll up, hahaha! :bleh: ) Anyways, if there ISN'T a Rigged player (Which there is in about.... 87% of the maps), then the game either takes forever to finish, and its the same damn stuff over and over again.
Move Civ to Beacon. Wait 20 seconds. Move Civ to beacon. Wait 20 Seconds. Move civ to................ etc.

My Nomination for 1st Place.

Mass games are overrated, but Siege maps are not like Helms Deep, Helms Deep Annatar however IS overrated as you can ask any advanced player in helms/siege games, Siege maps are usally a bit one sided but still you can overcome that with choke, the new Helms Deep being made by Ryu.(Not new, new version), Helms Deep vZerg is quite balanced for both sides.

None.

Options
  Back to forum