Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Barack Obama
Barack Obama
Jan 25 2009, 4:44 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Polls
When do think all the hype will die down?
When do think all the hype will die down?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
After the first 100 days 8

22%
None.
In the next year 9

25%
None.
Never 11

30%
None.
Who is Barack Obama? 9

25%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 37 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 27 2009, 2:36 am KrayZee Post #41

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Quote from JaFF
Now that the first black president has been chosen, the next challenge awaits: When will the first ASIAN president be chosen?
<3

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:37 am Syphon Post #42

Quote from JaFF
Now that the first black president has been chosen, the next challenge awaits: When will the first ASIAN president be chosen?

Abraham Rincon?

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:38 am Morphling Post #43

Ha thats very funny Ma. Lets take it one race at a time.
jk (i'm not racist)

Jan 27 2009, 2:40 am Centreri Post #44

Relatively ancient and inactive

Asians? Never. Americans are too scared of an Asian selling out America to China even further to vote an Asian into office. True story.

Now, Indian, that's possible.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:47 am Syphon Post #45

Nah, there aren't any charismatic enough Indian people.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 3:30 am WoAHorde Post #46

It's more likely a woman will win before another ethnicity, followed by a Latino.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 7:28 pm Toothfariy Post #47

i think it'll be interesting to see the day when someone of middle eastern decent is elected president

None.

Jan 28 2009, 2:47 am MillenniumArmy Post #48

So far, I am really liking what Obama is doing as President; trying to bring both parties together on issues by telling everyone to "set politics aside" and tackle these problems.

However, what I fear is that if Obama is starting to do a good job and slowly gains even more popularity that many Democratic, Liberal, and Keith Olbermann-ish assholes will start getting all arrogant and full of themselves going "LOL U C DEMOCRATS OWNZ U LOLOLOLOLOL" and boost their ego to such extremes, thus closing their minds to all right-winged or even moderate thinking and/or ideology while not even fully understanding their own. Kind of similar to how after MLK pushed for and end to racism and that people can get along well but several years later many Black people start becoming assholes and stuff; kind of defeating the whole purpose of the civil rights movement.

I know Obama will and is trying to unify the two parties and ideologies, but i really hope the parties and people themselves do the same :ermm:

None.

Jan 28 2009, 2:49 am Centreri Post #49

Obama talks pretty; we know this. However, his most influential move so far was to close Guatemano - in a year. He's very indecisive. I got the impression he only did it to make the rest of the world feel better and to signify 'change' anyway.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 28 2009, 3:00 am by Centreri.

None.

Jan 28 2009, 3:01 am Kellimus Post #50

So far, I am really liking what Obama is doing as President; trying to bring both parties together on issues by telling everyone to "set politics aside" and tackle these problems.

However, what I fear is that if Obama is starting to do a good job and slowly gains even more popularity that many Democratic, Liberal, and Keith Olbermann-ish assholes will start getting all arrogant and full of themselves going "LOL U C DEMOCRATS OWNZ U LOLOLOLOLOL" and boost their ego to such extremes, thus closing their minds to all right-winged or even moderate thinking and/or ideology while not even fully understanding their own. Kind of similar to how after MLK pushed for and end to racism and that people can get along well but several years later many Black people start becoming assholes and stuff; kind of defeating the whole purpose of the civil rights movement.

I know Obama will and is trying to unify the two parties and ideologies, but i really hope the parties and people themselves do the same :ermm:

Obama's "stimulus plan" is 825 Billion dollars, wasted.

Most of that money is going to Washington D.C. to 'modernize' and 'renovate' our capitol to make it look pretty.

I'm very disappointed in this president thus far.

None.

Jan 28 2009, 4:36 am Lingie Post #51

Totally agreed. If the man can do business, let him do it; lets not allow there to be a damn parade just because a Democrat or an African-American was elected president.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jan 28 2009, 10:15 pm Falkoner Post #52

I actually wouldn't mind if an Asian became President, they're more sellouts than white people :P

Also, loved the closing prayer:

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest,
and in the joy of a new beginning,
we ask you to help us work for that day
when black will not be asked to get in back,
when brown can stick around,
when yellow will be mellow,
when the red man can get ahead, man;
and when white will embrace what is right.
That all those who do justice and love mercy
say Amen.

So friggin' ridiculous :P

None.

Jan 28 2009, 10:43 pm Syphon Post #53

Quote from Centreri
Obama talks pretty; we know this. However, his most influential move so far was to close Guatemano - in a year. He's very indecisive. I got the impression he only did it to make the rest of the world feel better and to signify 'change' anyway.

Well it kinda takes a while to close something of that scale.

Quote from Falkoner
I actually wouldn't mind if an Asian became President, they're more sellouts than white people :P

Also, loved the closing prayer:

Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest,
and in the joy of a new beginning,
we ask you to help us work for that day
when black will not be asked to get in back,
when brown can stick around,
when yellow will be mellow,
when the red man can get ahead, man;
and when white will embrace what is right.
That all those who do justice and love mercy
say Amen.

So friggin' ridiculous :P

I loved that. So very much.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 10:16 pm Centreri Post #54

http://www.pennypresslv.com/Obama's_Use_of_Hidden_Hypnosis_techniques_in_His_Speeches.pdf
I wouldn't be surprised.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 10:49 pm A_of-s_t Post #55

aka idmontie

Just because someone can speek properly doesn't mean they are using Hypnosis... Yes, I know its a change from the last 8 years of speeches, but its nothing to be upset about.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jan 31 2009, 11:10 pm Doodan Post #56

The hype will never die. He's been popular since the 70s.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 11:25 pm Centreri Post #57

Just because someone can speek properly doesn't mean they are using Hypnosis... Yes, I know its a change from the last 8 years of speeches, but its nothing to be upset about.
There's a thin line between good speechmaking and hypnosis :P. The incorporation of methods traditionally regarded as hypnotic supports that his plans aren't as powerful and perfect as his followers might imply.

None.

Feb 1 2009, 2:18 am FatalException Post #58

Young people and more educated people actually have lower hypnotic subconscious suggestibility
thresholds for scientific reasons explained.
So, if people with higher education are more easily hypnotized, then who came up with this stuff? Where are those scientific reasons that they say are explained? I call bullshit and/or shenanigans.

None.

Feb 1 2009, 5:01 am A_of-s_t Post #59

aka idmontie

Young people and more educated people actually have lower hypnotic subconscious suggestibility
thresholds for scientific reasons explained.

It's obviously a case of:

[Citation Needed]

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 1 2009, 5:55 am KrayZee Post #60

Quote from Centreri
There's a thin line between good speechmaking and hypnosis :P. The incorporation of methods traditionally regarded as hypnotic supports that his plans aren't as powerful and perfect as his followers might imply.
Hypnosis? It can't be hypnotic if it is what democrats want. It's like you want fear to control the US.

Seriously... watch these smears and attack ads handing out fear to their followers. These are old, but nonetheless, still stupid. ;)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum