Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Barack Obama
Barack Obama
Jan 25 2009, 4:44 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Polls
When do think all the hype will die down?
When do think all the hype will die down?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
After the first 100 days 8

22%
None.
In the next year 9

25%
None.
Never 11

30%
None.
Who is Barack Obama? 9

25%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 37 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 25 2009, 7:31 pm Kellimus Post #21

Quote from Echo
Okay, this isn't a debate about McCain or Obama. Personally I didn't really like both presidential candidates. But if you're saying by experience wise, McCain is far better. President = Commander in Chief. What military experience does Obama have?

Military experience has nothing to do with the ability to be able to have a brain, and handle foreign policy. It helps out, but if you research anything about McCain, he ditched out on his fellow troops to save his ass.

I really wouldn't want a president like that. One that 'dips out' at the first sign of trouble, or one that puts himself and his own ass before the people of America.

Which is why I voted for Obama. I'm one racist ass mofo (I blame living in Phoenix AZ and being the minority [oh, I'm white too], and meeting nothing but ignorant, worthless people of ALL races) but I chose politics. I couldn't care less if he was asian, mexican, or even Indian; I liked his views on politics and I honestly feel that even though he may not be able to fix out country, he can at least send it on a path towards something other than Oil Wars.

I know this isn't a debate on McCain and Obama Echo, but in order for people to explain why they chose Obama, they gotta bring in the other candidate. In my eyes, McCain was just going to keep us in Oil Wars like Iraq, Invade Iran and Afghanistan (like we already have invaded the latter) whereas Obama cares about stabilizing our country. Sure he may keep troops in these places Bush already put us, but at least in my eyes he wont invade any others unless there is SOLID PROOF this time.

There really wasn't any hype here in southeastern Idaho cause we don't even really have black people here, with maybe the exception of one family.

I just hate those who voted for him cause he's black, and they try to make it seem like THEY'RE going somewhere because of it.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 8:54 pm MillenniumArmy Post #22

The hype will, and should, be dead by now.

It's serious business now.

Whether you like Obama or not, he is your President now. And in front of him lays some of the greatest challenges and toughest problems a newly inaugurated president has to face.

Love him, hate him, get over it. We're not going anywhere if people still are thinking negatively of him or divide themselves based on ideology and party.

... because if Obama fails to uphold this "change" he keeps rambling about for the good of America, he is going to have extremely low approval ratings, even lower than Bush's (even the most liberal/democratic people will admit too.) Our future is in his hands

None.

Jan 25 2009, 9:03 pm Syphon Post #23

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Whether you like Obama or not, he is your President now. And in front of him lays some of the greatest challenges and toughest problems a newly inaugurated president has to face.

Well... I wouldn't say some of the greatest challenges... Challenges yes, but I think Truman and Reagan had some greater ones. :P

None.

Jan 25 2009, 9:42 pm lil-Inferno Post #24

Just here for the pie

Quote from MadZombie
Must be your town? Everyone around here stopped caring after he got inaugurated. It kinda feels like America voted Obama for some epic assassination or something, Least around here...

Note: I live in NJ
Yeah, after the inauguration, all of the black people were like "LOL, WE RULE THE COUNTRY!" Even though he's mixed. After the first day it just kind of died down and people just lived on, but others are like "WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST WITNESSED HISTORY, A BLACK GUY AS A PRESIDENT! MY GRANDCHILDREN WILL WATCH THIS!"

Jan 25 2009, 9:50 pm Vi3t-X Post #25

Its still hyped in Canada. You tell me.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 11:16 pm Brontobyte Post #26

On the other side of the coin, imagine a African American who was born in the early 20's. This must amaze them.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 11:26 pm FlyingHat Post #27

Love him, hate him, get over it. We're not going anywhere if people still are thinking negatively of him or divide themselves based on ideology and party.

... because if Obama fails to uphold this "change" he keeps rambling about for the good of America, he is going to have extremely low approval ratings, even lower than Bush's (even the most liberal/democratic people will admit too.) Our future is in his hands
Quote from Syphon

Well... I wouldn't say some of the greatest challenges... Challenges yes, but I think Truman and Reagan had some greater ones. :P

These posts have summed up what I think of the hype surrounding President Obama.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 2:51 am ClansAreForGays Post #28

As long as he sticks with his high regard for transparency then I will not regret my vote.

Jan 26 2009, 3:00 am Kaias Post #29

This is essentially what I feel. So while I don't particularly like him and I don't find him eloquent, as so many believe (who can blame them after bush though), that's all over now and I'll uphold him as president. Ultimately though, a large part of me wanted him to win- not because of his policies, but because other countries like him, and that's what we need right now.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 3:07 am Marine Post #30

It's about time we get a democrat in office anyway. Far too long have we had republicans using the countries tax dollars. Not saying Barack won't do the same thing (god forbid he does).

None.

Jan 26 2009, 3:21 am Syphon Post #31

8 Years?

None.

Jan 26 2009, 4:59 am Kellimus Post #32

Quote from Syphon
8 Years?

Try maybe about 16.

Republicans have held the Congress for around that long until Democrats took it back this last election.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 5:18 am Vi3t-X Post #33

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton

I'm sorry, what was that?

None.

Jan 26 2009, 5:32 am Syphon Post #34

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
8 Years?

Try maybe about 16.

Republicans have held the Congress for around that long until Democrats took it back this last election.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to congress as "office".

None.

Jan 26 2009, 5:42 am Lingie Post #35

Yah know.. I voted for the first opetion, because I hope that happenes.

Even sooner would be better.

They hype is still up and about where I'm at, and I see it all the time being talked about amongst forigners; not that they aren't allowed to talk about the affairs of our conutry.. But when their chats show more interest then an average american citizen, that poses for a little bit of concern.

Personally, I don't care what nationality he is, but I do care about if he parades around and does nothing. He may be the first "black" president, but that doesn't seperate him from his duties. Most african-american people I've talked with the issue seemed to not care, which suprised me.. Not to mention pissed me off.

So as I said, I hope the hype goes down, and fast, and people let the man do his job, if hes up to the challenge. Yeah, Bush sucked, so I'd personally like to see some noteworthy "change", other then negative things.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jan 26 2009, 6:05 am Kellimus Post #36

Quote from Vi3t-X

Read below

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from Syphon
8 Years?

Try maybe about 16.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to congress as "office".

My bad, he said spending taxpayer money (The president doesn't really spend money like Congress does, only enacts bills by signing them as bills after they've been passed through Congress) so I figured he was talking about Congress since they're the ones really spending the money by presenting 'bills' that use money and such.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 12:39 pm JaFF Post #37

Now that the first black president has been chosen, the next challenge awaits: When will the first ATHEIST president be chosen?

None.

Jan 26 2009, 2:47 pm KrayZee Post #38

Quote from JaFF
Now that the first black president has been chosen, the next challenge awaits: When will the first ATHEIST president be chosen?
Then no republicans will ever vote for that person.

None.

Jan 26 2009, 7:56 pm Syphon Post #39

Quote from JaFF

Possibly Franklin Pierce. He affirmed, rather than swore his oath, on a law book, rather than a bible.

None.

Jan 27 2009, 2:33 am MillenniumArmy Post #40

Quote from JaFF
Now that the first black president has been chosen, the next challenge awaits: When will the first ASIAN president be chosen?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum