Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Impossible Scenarios Mosaic
Impossible Scenarios Mosaic
Sep 25 2007, 4:19 am
By: voku  

Sep 25 2007, 4:19 am voku Post #1

This is new 6-player impossible scenarios map I completed in late August. It deviates from the standard impossibles because the players don't have to beat all the scenarios to win. They achieve victory by beating 12 out of 16 scenarios and lose if they fail to beat 5 or more scenarios.

Another feature I threw in was the "variable players" system. Basically, if you start the game with less than 6 players, the units get evenly distributed to the current number of players. So theoretically you could play with 1 player and be okay on most levels. However, the resources that are given on certain levels aren't distributed, so the map has to be played with at least 5-6 people if you want to beat all the levels. Also, the level system is not linear. You can choose whichever level to play via a tank-siege-count selection system. There are also a forfeit option for all levels in case you get stuck, as well as booting, lag test, mute/unmute unit speech etc.

I haven't mapped in a while (since Hive Defence in 2005), so I am a little rusty on triggerwork. There is a rare glitch that happens (I started a topic in the UMS help section on this) and the units stop attacking the players. After long sessions of debugging I could not fix this glitch. However, it's rare enough that I feel it's not necessarily a major problem.

The map is protected, but if you want an unprotected version for reference, let me know and I'll email it to you.

Please provide feedback on the map and/or bugs and exploits you found (other than the one stated above).

Attachments:
ImpossiblescenariosMosaic.scx
Hits: 7 Size: 58.17kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2007, 7:14 am by vokuheila.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 7:01 pm Money Post #2

I don't know if you have changed it from the version you posted on the Use Map Settings Assistance forum, but I played that version. I thought it was fun. It would be fun if you added a randomize option that randomized what choice you could get.

None.

Oct 6 2007, 2:55 pm Tigerkin Post #3

Do not play too complicated ...

None.

Options
  Back to forum