Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Custom Hero Wars
Custom Hero Wars
Jan 23 2009, 4:03 am
By: midget_man_66  

Jan 23 2009, 4:03 am midget_man_66 Post #1

I'm relatively new to this map.. but i have notice its popularity spike.
For those who haven't played, the objective of the game is similar to that of the Very famous W3 map Dota.
Each team has a max of 3 heroes, and each team is trying to kill the other teams base. the bases spawn upgradable creeps that fight somewhere in the middle. its very balanced as far as creeps go.

If there are any pros that play, i would like to know good strategies... and character combinations.

The best one i have found so far is a Zergling with passive crit strike, passive evasion, and summon iron golem. (i never upg the int enough for the last spell so that doesn't matter)

I'm Sure there are a lot better combos then that one.. I'm just wondering what you guys use, and what works for you. Thanks.

Edit: some spelling errors.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 6:58 am blacklight28 Post #2

Marine
Mutalisk(s)
Steel Golems (Ultras)
Intelligence (Passive)
Rejuvination

None.

Jan 23 2009, 11:27 am Decency Post #3

Frost Nova. Spam Intel. Win every duel.

This game bores me, but I like getting a tank and seiging up, then just using warp home whenever I'm in trouble.

None.

Feb 1 2009, 4:10 pm Polkaman Post #4

Ultra
Maelstrom
Reaverz
Rejuvinate

You will winz0rs..

None.

Feb 1 2009, 8:38 pm Falkoner Post #5

I play in a way that confuses the "pros"

At the beginning, I immediately pick the Archon, usually when playing with pros they all wait each other out so they can pick the units that best counter their enemy's units, but the Archon is one of the hardest units to counter, so I pick that, and then I pick the Dragoon attack spell, as it receives the Archon's upgrades.
Now, while the rest of the players are still waiting eachother out, I begin to take apart their cannons, and leave the rest of my spells open. I usually at least manage to get the leftmost cannon down before they pick. Once they all pick, if they all are organic, I choose Maelstrom for my second spell, otherwise I get Steel Golems, for later use in Ragnarok. I get Necromancy, as the Dragoons that you can spawn with it make great attackers and defenders near the end of the game, and they get my upgrades. For my final spell I always get Rejuvenation, as it's totally rigged and I have no idea why the map makers made it so friggin' rigged.

Now, my main focus is attack, all money goes to attack, unless the enemy starts upgrading their spawn. In duels, I'm usually the first target, since if I'm kept alive I'll slaughter the other units. So I try and let them waste spells on my allies and then I go in a lay waste to them.

The entire game basically goes like that, I eventually get my spells and such, and I solo Ragnarok a lot as an Archon.

Overall, it's like Storm the Fort with spells and everything condensed into a single path. I think Storm the Fort is more strategic, and I think that there are a lot of retarded players for Custom Hero Wars, who quit if they even hear that their partner is new.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 12:26 am Dungeon-Master Post #6

Quote from Falkoner
[...]and I think that there are a lot of retarded players for Custom Hero Wars, who quit if they even hear that their partner is new.
This is the anti-newb thinking way in DotA too,
if you do not know how to play, fuck off, we do not care if in 5 years we will be only 3 players that know how to play DotA caus we hate people that wants to learn how to play

This is why i stay away from this kind of games, caus newbs=impossible to do without, unless you... hum... no, you can't do without newbs in any games you'l play, so do not even think about fucking em off...

None.

Feb 4 2009, 1:17 am stickynote Post #7

Ultralisk:
Reavers
Whatever you want, but I usually pick Ensnare
Intelligence or Evade
Rejuvenate

Basically, upgrade just attack until the first duel. After the first duel, upgrade your maximum mana and rejuvenate. Then upgrade intelligence if you have it, or if you picked evade, then upgrade reavers.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 1:43 am Heinermann Post #8

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Someone needs to remake this map so it's not so rigged.

Feb 4 2009, 2:01 am Falkoner Post #9

Someone needs to fix the little "YOU TRIED TO DO A GLITCH, OTHER TEAM +10000" that repeats 3 times and gives them 30k glitch.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:13 am stickynote Post #10

Quote from Falkoner
Someone needs to fix the little "YOU TRIED TO DO A GLITCH, OTHER TEAM +10000" that repeats 3 times and gives them 30k glitch.

I did not even know that existed.

None.

Feb 27 2009, 3:09 am MetalGear Post #11

i noticed the potential in this map. it needs the touch of a pro editor, so im working on a remake of this map. it involves more unique spells, improved spell triggers, upgraded selection system, random options, balancing to mathematical perfection, kills to gold, improved spell casting system, spells information system, special FX, sound FX. i should probably get hold off the map creator for permission. does anyone know his username?

None.

Feb 27 2009, 3:23 am stickynote Post #12

upgraded selection system
The one it has now is fine. Keep it simple for the average b-netter.

random options
It needs.

balancing to mathematical perfection
It definately needs this, but I don't think it's possible.

kills to gold
I don't know if you noticed, but it already has one. It's not for the individual player; it's for the entire team, including the spawn.

improved spell casting system
Again, keep it simple for the average b-netter.

spells information system
It already has one. Go to the supply depot in each selection area, and it will give you a spell description.

special FX, sound FX
It could use some explosions, but DO NOT import sound FX: use the ones that are already in the editor, or the download will take forever.

None.

Feb 27 2009, 4:28 pm MetalGear Post #13

upgraded selection system
the selection system is basicaly the same, apart from you just storm the selection instead of walking to the beacon near it.
balancing to mathematical perfection
technicaly its not possible because of the different armor reductions. however i can get it as close to perfect as it can go. i have already balanced most of the units and taken into consideration range/melee factors, the exact percentages of attack speeds and armor types.
improved spell casting system
its a dropship system using renamed units. it cant get any more simple.
spells information system
i also have this, but its not what im talking about. i have a system in my map that can tell you what spells you have already chosen and belong to you, incase you decide to random your spells or you forget, or simply to remind you of spell information. it works by moving the dropship out of its area.
sound FX
dont worry, i already learnt my lesson here some time ago. im going to use the editor sounds, and maybe 3 or 4 imported sounds under 200kb total.

None.

Options
  Back to forum