Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: **Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
**Mini-Game Party REMASTERED**
Jan 12 2009, 11:42 pm
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 2 3 414 >

Jan 13 2009, 4:12 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

secksin' tiem lolol *downloads multiple times*

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 13 2009, 4:37 am Impeached Post #22

It's great, but one problem:

The Minigame where you have to find a scourge and take it to middle with scout, and other scouts that touch you kill you, sucks. It is almost impossible to win unless someone misclicks or messes up, as people just cluster at middle.

To fix it, perhaps you could raise the point amount and make people spawn further from middle.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 4:44 am UnholyUrine Post #23

Glitches:

Ship warz = Aerial Combat 2 in the rule text
Probe rape = probes can still kill each other
Armegeddon = Homing Bomb in the rule text
Magic spell = not archon, but u used Unclean ones.

Other than that.. the magic spell one's a bit weird :P... and probe rape without pylon isn't fun a tall :S... but that's it.. for now.. BWAAHAHHAHAHA

None.

Jan 13 2009, 4:49 am MePHiStO_IS_GoD Post #24

Well when I first played the demo a while back I didnt like it, but I gotta admit, im impressed, this map turned out good. That being said You REALLY need to give credit to the original Mario party 1 (and 2) maps. Cause quite a few of the mini games in here are direct lifts from those maps. (A prime example would be 'King of The Hill' which is identical to the Mario Party 1 mini game of the same name)
And Im not trying to be a nagging bitch but I just want credit to be given where its due. And thats why Im gonna say this next line.
Good Job MA. I miss your supple pasty white ass. (Oh wait you're asian....oh well)

None.

Jan 13 2009, 4:51 am Demented Shaman Post #25

Quote from Falkoner
Quote from name:
Quote from Falkoner
Very very nice, this is the first epic length project that I think I've ever seen completed. Will be sure to play. =)

Lol? Rush? Astro Gears? You've gotta try some of the good maps.

MA, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Seriously, I've been waiting for this for so long!
Texas Hold'em Poker

Sorry, Poker doesn't go with epic RPGs and tectonic battles.
Seems like you haven't played enough poker :lol:

None.

Jan 13 2009, 5:01 am MePHiStO_IS_GoD Post #26

Quote from name:Mayor
Quote from Falkoner
Quote from name:
Quote from Falkoner
Very very nice, this is the first epic length project that I think I've ever seen completed. Will be sure to play. =)

Lol? Rush? Astro Gears? You've gotta try some of the good maps.

MA, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Seriously, I've been waiting for this for so long!
Texas Hold'em Poker

Sorry, Poker doesn't go with epic RPGs and tectonic battles.
Seems like you haven't played enough poker :lol:

I Agree! Poker is way more epic then Rush. Or it can be with epic hands lol.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 5:14 am Vrael Post #27

I second the "poker isn't epic" motion :P

Well Done MA.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 6:05 am MillenniumArmy Post #28

IMPORTANT: Download newer version. Previous version has some serious glitches

UPDATE: wait don't do it yet, i'm running into errors...
UPDATE2: K fixed, now it's ready for play

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 13 2009, 6:33 am by MillenniumArmy.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 7:09 am MillenniumArmy Post #29

Damn these map protectors. Uberation 2, 3, proedit, none of them seem to be able to handle this map properly. :flamer:

None.

Jan 13 2009, 7:15 am UnholyUrine Post #30

Suggestions:

For Goliath tracks: make verticle tracks.. so ppl can block the others and throw them off... You can also make the tracks more maze like.. OR make the tracks connect together, so there're less tracks at the end compared to the start, so there'll be more fighting.

For Probe Rape: Pylons need to be back... the game is boring w/o pylon. Yeah I know, some pylons don't work since there're burrowed units. But even with the burrowed units there.. ppl still much rather play with pylons... Oh yeah.. probes can still kill each other. What's up w/ that? :P

For Taxi Drivers: Reavers are more of a comPLETE blockage. Either make more reavers and take off the "touch and get killed" trigger. Or make them.. tanks or goliaths. It'd 'feel' better that way =D.

For scourge spray: that wasn't what i was thinking at all :C... but w/e. it'd be better if u could control where your scourges are going...

For Magic Spell: yeah.. I don't know... that was a very weird game.. :S... It didn't feel right... but w/e... Too often, the ppl stepped on the defiler without knowing.. and it's too hard to know whose spell is firing.

For Spin the Bomb: how about giving the civs some time to spread out first? I dunno....

For Tag: Needs a possibly better name. But it definately needs the Hot Potato music :P.. or atleast Musical chairs music :C... I'd name it firebat tag.. since There is an old map called "Firebat tag" and its premise is the same as yours.. except the its are SCV's and can build, and the timer is 15 minutes.

For Game #69.. that should be game WTF?.. switch WTF? with Grav Ball in terms of game number ;) ;)...

For Scout Blitz: Maybe... MAYBE... a longer respawn time.... OR ... MAYBE make the flag move around??

For Lure: I think it'd work better with the terrain for the "last one there" " taxi driver" "rooms" arena. So the ultras can actually block each other.... But I guess it'd be hard to position the flags correctly.. hmm. You could make the flags appear randomly =o (maybe that's too complicated... i dunno..) But it IS missing the block gameplay portion.. i think.

For Rape(?) MiniMoose2707: Did u add the blood effects like I told you to?.. ;)

I know you wanna retire.. and 128 games is awesome enough.. And i already had tons of fun =D.. (btw.. pure luck race was pure genius). But, these little details sometimes ruin the map. Glitches are fine (take a look at TS o.O).. details need attention :C.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 7:33 am Rantent Post #31

Retiring from map making?
But now who will be there to make games like Bocci Ball?!

P.S. the game is sweet, but kinda laggy at points. (Might have just been the people I was playing...)

None.

Jan 13 2009, 8:59 am LokiArexon Post #32

Can someone please link to me or explain what "rush" is... I don't know if I've tried it yet and I'd like to see.
'
edit: also a bug, when I tried to host on b.net it said it couldn't due to the filename being too long... I had to rename to host

in the one where you have an ultra and you lure zerglings... uhm the zerglings can reach center and once there they keep killing you and you respawn and they kill again ad infinitum.

also, the one where you navigate wraiths through overlords TWICE... I think you should have an option to just quit that one if you get stuck. it gets annoying really fast and is very hard.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 13 2009, 11:56 am by LokiArexon.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 1:26 pm Devourer Post #33

Hello

Good job.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 13 2009, 1:43 pm Impeached Post #34

also, the one where you navigate wraiths through overlords TWICE... I think you should have an option to just quit that one if you get stuck. it gets annoying really fast and is very hard.
My main tip for that one is to constantly scroll the screen to the top, while hyper-clicking where you want to go. I got through after a couple tries by doing this.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 5:18 pm ClansAreForGays Post #35

It might have already been said, but you REALLY need to change Scout Blitz so that camping over the flag does not equal auto-win. I suggest replacing the scourge somewhere when it's dropped that close.

Please fix this as it would be my favorite one otherwise.

Jan 13 2009, 8:14 pm MillenniumArmy Post #36

Someone find me one more fatal glitch, exploit, or game changing performance and then I will make a new ver

None.

Jan 13 2009, 10:52 pm DrunkenNoodle Post #37

In the Magic Spells game, you should randomize where the defiler spawns, as someone can just camp in the center like a gay. D:

None.

Jan 13 2009, 11:12 pm Falkoner Post #38

80 something, magic defilers, camp in middle

scourge maze, brown had five points, we were playing best out of 64, he won.

Just notes I took while playing.

The second one I think qualifies as a fatal glitch.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 11:43 pm MillenniumArmy Post #39

Alright time for a new version. AndI am going to make these following changes right now:

Back and Forth: Player 6 is glitched. And remove mines
Mop up: Make it harder, prevent people from going to middle
Goliath Tracks: Do unholy's suggestion; add several alternate/intertwining tracks
Taxi: Do unholy's suggestion; eliminate the kill SCV when touching reaver. Just treat them as real roadblocks. Make score higher
Fishing: Fix a web glitch, make score higher
WTF: kill the waiting time between kills.
Spin bomb: give people more time to move civs around before bomb spins
Magic spells: Randomize defiler spawn locations
Lure: Eliminate the ling in the middle if it does get there
Scout blitz: Make spawn time longer, make goal bigger (this'll prevent camping and make deaths seem more devastating)
Ship warz: fix a glitch where it doesn't remove units. And add a feature to prevent ppl from spamming shots
Marine squads: Game seems to go too quickly, make game longer. Spawn time longer too
Code sequence: Didn't realize this, but the briefing said win 4 but it's actually win 5. And respawn buildings if they die
Cage of ultras: Add a feature to prevent blocking the entrance
Territories: At spawns, you couldn't build pylons because of burrowed lurkers so i'll remove them
Swarming hives: Make game go faster
Probe rape: This is a gamble, but I'm not really sure if I want to implement the pylons. Because originally they were never suppose to be there in the first place (the demo4leak just happened to have it unfixed).
Platforms: When you spawn you are guaranteed to have reavers underneath you, so it wont be instant death
Confined: Make scourges do less damage:
Gravball: The scourges weren't replenishing, so Imma have to fix that
Mad Bombers: Make it so that you can't control more than 100 bombs. This will prevent stalemates
Missile barriers: This one has a huge glitch. There were no buildings lol.
Switcharoo: The gameplay still isn't turning out to how i like it... I'm going to have to do something about this
Hot potato: remove placement of mines
Shower collector: make score higher
Fix the best of 64 rule one.

If there are any more concerns that need to be addressed, please tell me ASAP. This will probably be my last and final edit

None.

Jan 14 2009, 12:34 am Falkoner Post #40

84, YOU CAN BURROW TO AVOID THE ARCHONS

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 414 >
  Back to forum