Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Screenshot Problems
Screenshot Problems
Sep 23 2007, 12:28 am
By: Ryan  

Sep 23 2007, 12:28 am Ryan Post #1

I need help! I try to take screenshots, but they just end up being black screens with a bunch of little white dots. I use the "Print Screen" button, and I try "Alt - Print Screen" and "Print Screen" both, but they both mess up. I also use the Paint program found in most Accessories files. Can anyone help me?? ;[

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:31 am Falkoner Post #2

Enjoy.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 12:59 am Ryan Post #3

Umm, anything that's free and works? ^^

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:04 am Falkoner Post #4

No trials?

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:05 am Esponeo Post #5

Falkoner once again with the bad advice... please don't do that.

If you take screen shots and alt tab they are going to end up fucked up, this seems to just be the way windows works. However all you really need to do is go to the Starcraft directory. Hitting the print screen button DOES save the current screen image to the clipboard, but it also saves a copy in the SC directory that will not be screwed up.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:06 am Falkoner Post #6

Yes, but he isn't asking about SC screenshots, he's asking about screenshots in general.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:08 am Ryan Post #7

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear enough, I actual did mean screenshots just for SC.

Oh and Esponeo, I've found the screenshots in the starcraft directory, but they can't be opened with anything that I have.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:15 am Falkoner Post #8

http://www.google.com/search?q=pcx+editor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Once again :P

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:23 am Ryan Post #9

Did I ever mention "something free"?... o.O;;

Quote from Anonymous
Umm, anything that's free and works? ^^

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:50 am Kenoli Post #10

http://www.irfanview.com/
Irfanview is freeware. You can use it to open the PCX images (along with pretty much any image format). You can also re-save them to another format.

Yes, but he isn't asking about SC screenshots, he's asking about screenshots in general.
LOL

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:53 am Money Post #11

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Gimp does .pcx. Personally I use photoshop, but that is nowhere near free.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:54 am who Post #12

you can open .pcx files with GIMP, an image editing program (free, :omfg:)
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
the link for the runtime environment is on the same page

None.

Sep 23 2007, 2:00 am Ryan Post #13

Alright guys, I got it. Thanks for all the help.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 6:32 am DT_Battlekruser Post #14

Quote from Kenoli
http://www.irfanview.com/
Irfanview is freeware. You can use it to open the PCX images (along with pretty much any image format). You can also re-save them to another format.

LOL

I can't honestly believe it took ten posts for Irfanview to come up :P It is by far the most superior image viewer/format changing tool out there.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 1:30 pm who Post #15

but can't other image editing programs change formats as well?

None.

Sep 23 2007, 2:20 pm InsolubleFluff Post #16

I can't honestly believe it took ten posts for Irfanview to come up It is by far the most superior image viewer/format changing tool out there.
Quote from someone09
but can't other image editing programs change formats as well?

Most superior would imply that there ARE others, but it's the best, so the answer to your question, would be yes, and if it is somehow no, then DTBK looks like the retard along with me ;D

None.

Sep 23 2007, 2:22 pm TricksOfDeath Post #17

Well... since this topic is almost off topic... there are imaging editing programs but the only free ones are standard, or... are trial so I just though I would share the goodness of Nero. Yes Nero is freeware, you can edit stuff as in paint also make dvds... ect. <:Click Here For Hawt Secks:>

None.

Sep 23 2007, 2:56 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #18

Just here for the activity... well not really

I use Xfire shots, and transfer them into a hosting site

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 23 2007, 4:34 pm Falkoner Post #19

IrfanView was one of the search results, I guess I shoulda said that, since I use that as well...

None.

Options
  Back to forum