Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: New vision glich (p12 vision)
New vision glich (p12 vision)
Dec 25 2008, 7:35 pm
By: T-Virus  

Dec 25 2008, 7:35 pm T-Virus Post #1

While working on a newer project i discovered a minor glitch that allows a flag (owned by player 12) to share vision with the human players. The odd part about is, only the flag allows the shared vision.

How this happend:
I had just started the first triggers for my map, the basic run ai at location being junkyard.
This was the ONLY triggers in the map.

Player 6 had scv's roaming throughout the city, when they pick up the player12 flag the scv who picked it up shares vision with the human players. I'll attach the map as proof, please note that this is a map i'm working on so yeah....

P.S if the scv doesn't get close enough to the flag to pick it up re-host the map until one of then runs across it randomly.

None.

Dec 25 2008, 10:14 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

O rly?? I think this is known by anyone... you don't need to post it ^^ maybe there's an entry in the wiki.
Anyway... can someone tell me the EUD to "set PLAYER UNIT vision with PLAYER"
so for example p2 can see a special scv from p1... that must be possible... because Parasite has the same effect :)
by the way... when you parasited a SCV, and a medic blinds that SCV, does the parasite still exist? or does the parasit-player see only a small range of the SCV? [like it's blinded]
sorry, I'm too lazy to test at the moment (also too busy)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 26 2008, 5:39 am LostInMyself Post #3

I tested the blind parasited unit and it shows the blinded view.

None.

Dec 26 2008, 7:05 am rockz Post #4

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I seem to recall in stacked cannon d 5 way, you would stack while still being able to see by picking up a flag and turning off the lights. the probe/scv holding the flag can still see, while everything else is off. I nver knew p12 exhibited similar properties.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 26 2008, 6:34 pm Zhuinden Post #5

That's the reason why Cat and Mice maps that give a fawk about what the hell they are have a trigger that kills/removes P12 flags.

None.

Dec 26 2008, 7:22 pm Biophysicist Post #6

You just put a P12 flag and a worker picks it up and the player controlling the worker has vision to the flag? Or is there more to it?

None.

Options
  Back to forum