Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: "Read the bible to believe god exists?"
"Read the bible to believe god exists?"
Dec 10 2008, 6:46 am
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 20 21 22

May 2 2011, 10:11 pm Tempz Post #421

Well heretics is a vague term; it applies to anyone that doesn't confer with your own ideals. A good example of heretic was Joan of Arc just because she dressed as a man to join the army. Because of this she was labeled a heretic and burned at the stake.

None.

May 3 2011, 10:22 pm dumbducky Post #422

Heretics are defined as people who deny an essential truth about the teachings of the church. Besides, Joan of Arc's was a politically motivated case, not a religious one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_arc#Trial

None.

May 4 2011, 12:33 am Tempz Post #423

Yes but the original court case labeled her as a heretic because she said she dressed as a male. It wasn't until another court case revoked her as not a heretic.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 20 21 22
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:55 am]
KrayZee -- Stan Lee cameos are fine, I'm mostly referring to dumb jokes. For example, my main problem about the Justice League film is how Joss Whedon brought in stupid Marvel jokes that does not belong anywhere in the film.
[02:49 am]
thekian -- There's a Stan Lee cameo? I think that'd qualify.
[02:48 am]
KrayZee -- I'm only asking if there are any out of place cheesy jokes from typical Marvel movies. If there is, then I'll pass.
[02:47 am]
thekian -- Special Forces Elite. You have elite dudes and clear the map of zerg. There are enemy waves and things.
thekian -- Nope. Although, frankly, most Marvel movies now aren't much worth watching. Just two hours of two superpowered people punching each other.
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- I'm not sure what SFE is?
[02:46 am]
KrayZee -- Anyone here saw Black Panther?
[02:44 am]
thekian -- Know of any?
[02:43 am]
thekian -- By the way, I've heard of SFE maps for Brood War, but couldn't find any.
[02:43 am]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- it just sort of copies all the game data into a buffer somewhere, so that's probably going to be tricky
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy, Kolokol, jun3hong, poiuy_qwert, Wing Zero