Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Speed Mafia VI: Political Strife
Speed Mafia VI: Political Strife
Nov 26 2008, 10:27 pm
By: Greo
Pages: < 1 2 3 412 >

Nov 28 2008, 5:30 am Kaias Post #21

Quote from Greo
Quote from Kaias
Yes, as is the Inhibitor will encourage people to be slothful in fulfilling their roles. Not a good idea at all. Change it to the last person to pm and it'll have a more positive effect.

Also, allowing the Mafia to control both day and night is very dangerous. Godfather is way overpowered.
1. Godfather may not place hits.
2. Godfather's voting power can be countered by the Elders.
3. Godfather's ability to give double hits on the next night can be preemptively countered by the townspeople. Hell, I might just make him give triple hits just to piss you off ;)
4. Godfather CAN be killed by a single lynch.

Quote from Echo
Please add rapist :).
I might, actually. Don't get your hopes up though. Probably going to add an extra role soon.
Alright, watch the town get owned.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 7:05 am Greo Post #22

Two men were at the docks, during a strong mist cover in the city. One held a briefcase, the other... concealing a gun. They began to talk about the plans, and discussed the deal that would be going down. The aged man with the briefcase tuned up his hearing aid, in order to make sure he heard this clearly; the dealer wanted one million dollars by sunset, in trade of the mayor's life. The old man sighed, and handed him the briefcase... but quickly swung it up, smashing the blackmailer in the face. As he tried to get away from this foe, the blackmailer got back up, aimed carefully, and ended MilleniumArmy's life. The blackmailer walked up to the corpse, took the briefcase, and shook his head.

Elsewhere, a man was grinning, having spotted many beautiful women pass by the Mayor's office. At his vantage point, however, the reason for his smile should be rather obvious. The lewd man, however, knew that guarding the mayor was rather serious business, and kept his rifle on a hairtrigger, ready to fire at a moment's notice. Too bad he didn't notice the hitman behind him, as he pulled out a wire, and choked Yoshi to death. With a fast swoop, the man was already down the stairway of the rooftop.

Inside the building, the man had taken out a small incinerary device, and placed it where it would cause the most damage. He wanted the documents of the building to burn, to keep his client safe from harm for the time being. After which, he stealthily headed through the hallways, and into the Mayor's office, drawing out a silenced pistol. The seat was rather large, considering the mayor's small stature, but the hitman knew he was hiding behind the seat. He fired once, and the chair exploded from the force of the weapon.

Greo, the mayor, had already predicted this, as he was behind a wall nearby. He lunged for the hitman, but the hitman overpowered him and sent him to the ground. The hitman quickly drew his weapon, and fired, leaving Greo to rest in piece. The hitman quickly left, but not before bringing forth a powerful lightning bolt from the sky, blasting a large hole through the ceiling of the Mayor's home and igniting the bomb, setting the whole place aflame. The hitman smirked, his job obviously done.

It was time for vengeance. With not much time to spare, the townspeople had to quickly use their power of the vote in order to bring a swift end to their politically powerful foe who attempted to oust the current mayor. It was time to bring an end to the Godfather's regime.

----

*** DAY 1 START ***

Townies, you have 48 hours to vote on who to lynch today.
[noclues]The roles used were Negotiator [MilleniumArmy], Secret Service [Yoshi] and Mayor [Greo]. Their roles are not clues whatsoever.
Also, have fun this time.[/noclues]

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2008, 6:58 pm by Greo. Reason: Fixed 'black mailed' to 'blackmailer'

None.

Nov 28 2008, 7:25 am Ultraviolet Post #23

0 of X TOWNSPEOPLE alive. (Including town-aligned roles)
0 of X MAFIA alive. (Killing power: X) (Including mafia-aligned roles)
0 of X GODFATHER alive. (Voting power: X)
0 of X ELDER alive.
0 of X DETECTIVE alive.
0 of X ANNOUNCER alive.
0 of X INHIBITOR alive.
0 of X BOONDOCK SAINT

It'd be nice to know how many of each role we're working with.

Also, is the inhibitor's nullification of one person's votes and powers a one time use, or an every day thing?

Nov 28 2008, 7:40 am Greo Post #24

It's an everyday thing. Also, if he tries to steal the votes of someone targeted by the Boondock, he fails doing so.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:42 am Oyen Post #25

Awesome! The game has started! :D
I'm a bit tired right now, but I'll look for clues tomorrow (technically, later today).
In the possible event that something prevents me from using a computer tomorrow, my vote for now is Abstain.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 10:23 am Riney Post #26

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Greo
Elsewhere, a man was grinning, having spotted many beautiful women pass by the Mayor's office. At his vantage point, however, the reason for his smile should be rather obvious. The lewd man...

A Double sided clue, obvously out to make anyone with a girl in their Avvy or sig look suspisious (LIKE ALWAYS), but I interpret it differently. Me and Viet both have a girl claiming that theres An Echo to be Caught.

Simply put, I vote echo

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 28 2008, 10:34 am Ultraviolet Post #27

A clue pointing to a player to point to another player..?

Nov 28 2008, 2:00 pm Riney Post #28

Thigh high affectionado

Clever isnt it?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 28 2008, 4:11 pm Doodle77 Post #29

Quote from Greo
Elsewhere, a man was grinning, having spotted many beautiful women pass by the Mayor's office. At his vantage point, however, the reason for his smile should be rather obvious. The lewd man, however, knew that guarding the mayor was rather serious business, and kept his rifle on a hairtrigger, ready to fire at a moment's notice.
Stickynote's avatar.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 5:25 pm Phobos Post #30

Are you sure about that?

Hmmm... Doodle's interpretation makes more sense.

this is signature

Nov 28 2008, 5:51 pm Conspiracy Post #31

Quote from Greo
...but not before bringing forth a powerful lightning bolt from the sky, blasting a large hole through the ceiling of the Mayor's home and igniting the bomb, setting the whole place aflame...

:crazy: Im the only one to notice this?

The best I can come up with are 3 people: Kaias, Shocko, and Echo.

Kaias, because of the plasma weapons in halo.
Shocko, because of the shock you will get if your struck by lightining :bleh:.
Echo, because of the echo of the lightning, and the thunder.

Any other ideas?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2008, 6:05 pm by Epoch.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 6:18 pm Riney Post #32

Thigh high affectionado

Well it doesnt mention the thunder, just the lighting, I like where you're going with the shocko part though. But im staying with echo

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Nov 28 2008, 6:52 pm FlyingHat Post #33

Quote from Greo
The old man sighed, and handed him the briefcase... but quickly swung it up, smashing the blackmailer in the face. As he tried to get away from this foe, the blackmailer got back up, aimed carefully, and ended MilleniumArmy's life. The black mailed walked up to the corpse, took the briefcase, and shook his head.

This is not a clue interpetation, but this part of the post is confusing.
The "blackmailer" kills MA and then the "blackmailed"(The Mayor) walks up to MA's corpse and takes the money? This doesn't make any sense.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 6:58 pm Greo Post #34

Quote from name:
Quote from Greo
The old man sighed, and handed him the briefcase... but quickly swung it up, smashing the blackmailer in the face. As he tried to get away from this foe, the blackmailer got back up, aimed carefully, and ended MilleniumArmy's life. The black mailed walked up to the corpse, took the briefcase, and shook his head.

This is not a clue interpetation, but this part of the post is confusing.
The "blackmailer" kills MA and then the "blackmailed"(The Mayor) walks up to MA's corpse and takes the money? This doesn't make any sense.
Whoops, spelling error.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 7:02 pm FlyingHat Post #35

Quote from Doodle77
Quote from Greo
Elsewhere, a man was grinning, having spotted many beautiful women pass by the Mayor's office. At his vantage point, however, the reason for his smile should be rather obvious. The lewd man, however, knew that guarding the mayor was rather serious business, and kept his rifle on a hairtrigger, ready to fire at a moment's notice.
Stickynote's avatar.
I agree with Doodle here. I vote for stickynote.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 7:07 pm Phobos Post #36

Are you sure about that?

BANDWAGON, START!

I vote for stickynote

this is signature

Nov 28 2008, 7:11 pm Echo Post #37

I vote Dark_Marine. He gave away his position of being mafia with a nonsense clue.
(I wouldn't call that girl in his avatar beautiful, but I believe a clue like that was made before which lead to him).
And also, lightning and thunder leads to me? Right.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 7:22 pm Phobos Post #38

Are you sure about that?

DM is next ;)

this is signature

Nov 28 2008, 7:40 pm Oyen Post #39

Quote from name:Epoch
Quote from Greo
...but not before bringing forth a powerful lightning bolt from the sky, blasting a large hole through the ceiling of the Mayor's home and igniting the bomb, setting the whole place aflame...

:crazy: Im the only one to notice this?

The best I can come up with are 3 people: Kaias, Shocko, and Echo.

Kaias, because of the plasma weapons in halo.
Shocko, because of the shock you will get if your struck by lightining :bleh:.
Echo, because of the echo of the lightning, and the thunder.

Any other ideas?
It says that the lightening was "brought forth from the sky", which reminds me of the Bolt spell from final fantasy. I think Viet-X's avatar might be a character from a more recent final fantasy game, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Here's a youtube video that shows a bolt spell from final fantasy 7. Its from 0:13 to 0:16.
Final Fantasy 7 Bolt
The lightening could also refer to a protoss templar's lightening.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2008, 7:46 pm by Oyen.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:20 pm lil-Inferno Post #40

Just here for the pie

I vote StickyNote. Bandwagon gogogo.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 412 >
  Back to forum