Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: "Your account has been closed (8)"
"Your account has been closed (8)"
Nov 11 2008, 7:23 pm
By: Conspiracy  

Nov 18 2008, 4:30 am ClansAreForGays Post #21

Quote from Doodle77
Quote from Pigy_G
All hackers are getting their just deserts.
That's a pretty large present, Epoch deserves the Sahara!
You can't be 16.

Nov 18 2008, 8:14 am Ultraviolet Post #22

Quote from Doodle77
Quote from Pigy_G
All hackers are getting their just deserts.
That's a pretty large present, Epoch deserves the Sahara!

I lol'd.

RIP
Ultraviolet.

Nov 18 2008, 1:43 pm payne Post #23

:payne:

N00bz :P

None.

Nov 18 2008, 5:51 pm HailFire Post #24

lulz, am I one of three people on SeN that doesn't hack? :P

None.

Nov 18 2008, 6:07 pm FoxWolf1 Post #25

Obviously, with my luck, the exact day that I happened to pick to develop an update for the anti-hack in all my old maps would have to be the one day in between when Warden came back online and when the hacks were updated to get around it. Guess I'm stuck as FoxWolf1 for the foreseeable, then...

Nov 18 2008, 8:41 pm Fisty Post #26

Quote from Falkoner
It was also posted at BW Hacks, apparently the Warden is online, and is actually banning CD keys of people on Diablo and Warcraft, however, on StarCraft, it's simply banning accounts, so get a new account and you're fine.

I got banned for my bot, at least I think so, since I hadn't used any hacks for like 2 weeks before I got the same message..

Edit:
[quote Nebu on October 31st, 2008]"In an ongoing endeavor to ensure a fair and fun online experience for all Warcraft III players, we will be escalating our efforts to remove cheaters from Battle.net. We have identified and closed over 7,700 accounts which were found to be using third-party hacks. The CD keys associated with these accounts are now restricted from playing any ladder games for 30 days (custom games, however, are still available). Repeat offenders will have their accounts closed and their CD keys permanently banned from Battle.net.

Going forward, we will take a hard-line stance against cheating in all Battle.net games, and we reserve the right to close the accounts and ban the CD keys of players who are caught cheating on Battle.net.

These changes are intended to promote fun and competitive play on Battle.net in both ladder and custom games. Cheating ruins the game experience for legitimate players, and we will not tolerate it. "

This was posted at BW Hacks, although it looks like Zynastor has already fixed Oblivion to beat it, so meh :P A couple hours after it happened, someone had already posted what the Warden was checking for, and it was changed so Oblivion doesn't match that anymore.[/quote]
Sooooooo...anyone get banned for MHing yet on D2?

None.

Nov 19 2008, 6:09 pm ClansAreForGays Post #27

Yeah, if you looked at the topic they are the ones getting banned the most, and are being the most vocal.

Nov 19 2008, 7:42 pm Lord Malvanis Post #28

I disagree with the perma-ban, I just made another account and played and I got the same message on one my accounts.
Nevermind, it was "Your Account Has Been Closed (6)"

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 20 2008, 12:24 am by Lord Malvanis.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 6:40 am Decency Post #29

Keep testing those hacks guys, Blizzard needs more income to work on SC2.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 3:39 pm Falkoner Post #30

It doesn't matter anyway, Zynastor already updated Oblivion to beat it.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 6:14 pm Decency Post #31

He did, but even the updated version gives losses to some people, so hopefully that means Blizzard will figure something out.

None.

Nov 24 2008, 3:33 pm Zhuinden Post #32

Since then, 3.1.4 has come out. By the way, there are less legitimate players on SC than hackers, therefore I don't really understand what Blizzard is talking about "distrupting the gameplay", when hacks fix what they were unable to do in 10 years.

None.

Nov 25 2008, 7:56 pm Vi3t-X Post #33

Hacking is actually good for Battle.Net. You may be considered cheating, but at least Blizzard is finding a way to improve against it's mistakes.

None.

Nov 26 2008, 1:27 am Riney Post #34

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Vi3t-X
Hacking is actually good for Battle.Net. You may be considered cheating, but at least Blizzard is finding a way to improve against it's mistakes.

At least someone is positive about it. xD

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 26 2008, 3:32 am Vi3t-X Post #35

I don't like the fact that they closed my account, but hey, Blizzard has taken many ideas from "hacks" that seem to improve Battle.Net.

Coloured Pings, Coloured Names, the "/r" feature and many many more. Blizzard doesn't like the community proving it wrong, but it will avidly steal ideas from hacks. It makes you wonder why we don't still use Kali.

None.

Nov 26 2008, 6:46 am Generalpie Post #36

Staredit Puckwork

lol wow i'm so glad i quit hacking 2 years ago...
Generalpie still LIVES in battle.net! :P

None.

Dec 13 2008, 10:47 pm Black Knight Post #37

They turned on Warden, best advice : don't hack unless your sure that hack has anti-warden protection, and even with it, new patches come

None.

Dec 14 2008, 1:44 am Generalpie Post #38

Staredit Puckwork

whats a warden?(noob question i know but a question is a question :P)
and i use battle net friend follow and auto log in but i never got a message, let alone a warning.

None.

Options
  Back to forum