Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How do you change the damage a psionic storm does?
How do you change the damage a psionic storm does?
Sep 17 2007, 5:32 am
By: DahLollipop  

Sep 18 2007, 5:46 am Aoe325 Post #21

Quote from frazz
I use SCMDraft, so can I safely port maps between the two editors. That is, will nothing be lost if I open with SF, change, and go back to SCMDraft?

Guess I'm kinda hijacking here, oh well.

As far as I know if you do modifications on starforge, save and open with scmdraft everything should be alright.

Anyway you could just make a backup of your map and test it out (as for anything else)

None.

Sep 18 2007, 12:35 pm Falkoner Post #22

Yeah, I would back up my map before even opening it in SF.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 7:40 pm TricksOfDeath Post #23

SF and SCMDraft 2 have no real problems unless you have resources belonging to a player besides player 12 in which case SF spazes out and spams warning cookies/popups, also... resources (ie. gas tanks) can only be toggle to non invincible in starforge when having all flags checked and then reimported into scmdraft if you wish to edit there... Back on topic, yes upgrades to transfer IF you mind control the unit thats what I seem to remember ^^.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 7:51 pm who Post #24

Starforge automatically backs up your map on saving, you know...
just save constantly, so if it randomly crashes, you'll be almost back to where you were

None.

Sep 18 2007, 7:56 pm TricksOfDeath Post #25

SCMDraft2:Options:AutoSave:Every Miniute:Backup Every 10 Miniutes. xD Plus SCMDraft is updated... and StarForge... is not, back on topic (kinda) is there anyway to modify the unit attack name ie "Fusion Cutter" besides modding? If yes... say it if no... dont say it :D. Also can you use this do increase plauge damage/ yamato?

None.

Sep 18 2007, 10:13 pm Esponeo Post #26

Notice: If you wish to discuss the differences between editors, start a new topic and link to it in your post here.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 1:07 am DT_Battlekruser Post #27

is not, back on topic (kinda) is there anyway to modify the unit attack name ie "Fusion Cutter" besides modding?

Unused Upgrade 60 upgrades Fusion Cutter too, doesn't it? Or is the bonus in the DAT 0..

If Unused Upgrade 60 doesn't do it, then it's because the bonus on the weapon is zero, so in that case you would not be able to change the damage without modding.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 2:03 am DahLollipop Post #28

sorry for being a noob but lol my question was i found upgrade 60 but i dont know what to change like.. time cost mineral cost or gas cost? cause i have no idea what everybody's talking about the base and stuff cause theres only time mineral and gas.. o.0

None.

Sep 20 2007, 6:01 am DT_Battlekruser Post #29

Whoever posted the screenshot was entirely wrong; you have to go to Players > Upgrades and change the default level of Unused Upgrade 60 to implement any of these changes. Since there is no "Upgrade 60" button anywhere, you can't change the upgrade level of a player by any method ingame.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 7:55 am Kenoli Post #30

Maybe this information will be useful.
Maplantis wiki: Upgrades

It has a list of all the things the "unused" upgrade can affect.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 4:49 pm frazz Post #31

It doesn't say which are affected and which aren't. Also, it says you can do it in SCMDraft 2 as well. Is this true?

None.

Sep 21 2007, 3:37 pm Ahli Post #32

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from frazz
It doesn't say which are affected and which aren't. Also, it says you can do it in SCMDraft 2 as well. Is this true?

Yes.
Upgrades -> Unused -> the unused Upgrade in the bottom of the list

BTW, which effect does 'burst lasers' have?

Sep 21 2007, 4:03 pm Kenoli Post #33

It doesn't say which are affected and which aren't.
I don't know what you mean. Everything the upgrade applies to is listed.

BTW, which effect does 'burst lasers' have?
None whatsoever. Burst lasers is an unused upgrade.

None.

Sep 21 2007, 11:36 pm frazz Post #34

Quote from Kenoli
It doesn't say which are affected and which aren't.
I don't know what you mean. Everything the upgrade applies to is listed.
Some of the bonuses for upgrade 60 are 0, so they aren't really affected. That list you gave doesn't specify which have zero bonus.

None.

Sep 22 2007, 12:57 am DT_Battlekruser Post #35

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Psionic Storm has a damage upgrade other than zero in the DAT? Was Blizzard planning to implement an upgrade for it?

None.

Sep 22 2007, 6:17 am Kenoli Post #36

Some of the bonuses for upgrade 60 are 0, so they aren't really affected. That list you gave doesn't specify which have zero bonus.
Ok. The useless ones are marked now.

None.

Options
  Back to forum