VHP
Sep 16 2007, 2:25 pm
By: Fisty  

Sep 26 2007, 2:47 am who Post #21

you can just make the players invincible, but make the enemies target your lings, and when the lings are gone, disable your invincibility.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 7:15 pm Falkoner Post #22

Akar, the way you said it would only allow for two enemies, not a very fun game.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 7:28 pm Akar Post #23

you can just make the players invincible, but make the enemies target your lings, and when the lings are gone, disable your invincibility.
I guess you could do that >.>

EDIT: You only need 1 zergling, you can set the armor by the percentage of HP.
All right, I'm trying to get this system to work, which it will after I'm done. Anyway, there seems to be a negative effect, the unit that is above gets a slow movement, WHICH I think is actually nice, since it does make sense that you are wearing heavy armor and thus encumbers you.

EDIT: All right... Here are a set of parameters I have uncovered:
1. Ranged Units do not injure the burrowed ling.
2. Units run when you attack them because you are invincable, however I'm going to change how the system works to fix this.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 26 2007, 9:33 pm by Akar.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 9:47 pm Akar Post #24

Time for a bump!
I'm completely finished with the system. It was fun to make.

Attachments:
Example - Armor System.scm
Hits: 3 Size: 40.38kb

None.

Sep 26 2007, 9:49 pm who Post #25

why wouldn't ranged units injure the ling? and for the invincibility, i'm not sure how you could fix that with that system.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 10:05 pm Akar Post #26

You don't have to be invincible, the enemy won't attack you, and I tried invincibility, it only makes the enemy run away when you attack them.
Well, if an attack were launched at a unit, than the unit was transported, would the unit still take the hit? No, of course not, the attack misses because the unit is no longer in the place where the attack took place.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 10:52 pm who Post #27

that could be a problem.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 10:55 pm Akar Post #28

There isn't really a way to go around it.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:02 pm Fisty Post #29

/slap everyone

The way around it is using alliances. I had been toying around with the idea when I went to bed.

Heres what I mean:
If you command 0 lings
set comp to enemy

If you command 1 or more lings
set comp to ally

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:03 pm Akar Post #30

I have that in the map >.>
I had to use that instead of invincibility.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:16 pm Fisty Post #31

lol... :lol:

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:18 pm Kyuubi. Post #32

There's a few methods on a vHP system, it depends on what kind of map you're making. Most RPG maps can use the system the other people have suggested; make the enemy target burrowed or cloaked units and such.
Arena type maps can use the leaderboard as a vHP system using custom type score or setting death counts in place of hit points. The custom score might take a lot more triggerwork because everything is virtual and spellcasting in a way, but you have full control on how much damage occurs and armoring.

First you set the custom score for each player.
Then when the game begins, the events such as shooting and casting stuff at other players will subtract an amount off the custom score. Minerals and/or ras can act as armor to reduce damage or have some other effect. Theres a lot of things you can do in between there.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 4:23 pm ShizTheresABear Post #33

One solution is to build a time machine and go back in time and stop Blizzard from disabling the EUD triggers.

A harder method would be to do what Kyuubi said, or just do the burrowed zergling that EVERYBODY has been saying. Just keep your unit not invincible, but have the computer set the burrowed unit to an enemy. Er.. but that's for a map with a lot of computers (i.e. an RPG). Is your map an RPG? I read all the posts in 5 seconds.. wasn't really paying attention.

None.

Options
  Back to forum