2%
None.
It's a natural Earth Cycle 16

29%
Other 4

8%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 57 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
If its real, what should we do?
If its real, what should we do?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Go to independancy on energy 0

0%
None.
Use American oil 0

0%
None.
Wind Energy 0

0%
None.
Solar Energy 9

17%
Nuclear Energy 9

17%
None.
All of the above 4

8%
None.
Some of the above 12

23%
None.
Other answer 4

8%
None.
Hope for the best 15

29%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 53 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Nov 21 2008, 12:37 am dumbducky Post #61

Quote from Vi3t-X
Wether the government is poisoning us or not, the general populous these days are too carefree and lazy to care about anything. We've known of Global Warming for decades (Hippies proved this well), but no one cared. Hell, even now no one cares.
The trendy climate crisis of the 60's and 70's was global cooling. I'm sorry, but the only thing hippies proved is that acid is stupid.

tits

Nov 25 2008, 11:49 pm Kellimus Post #62

Quote from dumbducky
Where's your proof? My proof is as follows:

What makes you believe I got that from a website? Ever thought of the simple fact that I've seen people on these Pharmacuticle drugs and I've seen people on their Natural counter-part and most everyone on the Pharmacuticle drugs come up with more and more complications where-as the ones on the Natural one, do not? How is it hard to come up with a basis that: "These people who take drugs from doctors seem more sick than those that take naturals in place"?
I now submit my proof. My father works for the drug industry, specifically in the R&D department. He would be the one who builds the poisons into these evil drugs. He does no such thing. Neither does anyone he knows.

You think Pharmacutical Companies and big Corporations that give us our food, care about our health?

If so, do you think they would continue to put MSG (Monosodiumglutamate) in our food?
Do you think they would continue to give us Pharmacy drugs that have side effects that are even more deadlier than the symptom the individual has?

You need to quit being so nieve.

None.

Nov 26 2008, 12:40 am dumbducky Post #63

Quote from Kellimus
You think Pharmacutical Companies and big Corporations that give us our food, care about our health?

If so, do you think they would continue to put MSG (Monosodiumglutamate) in our food?
It tastes good.
Do you think they would continue to give us Pharmacy drugs that have side effects that are even more deadlier than the symptom the individual has?
Because it's the best thing we have. Besides, side effects vary in degree. What may be awful or deadly for one person is minor or nonexistant for another. Also, cite an example of a drug that is more deadly than it's disease it treats.

You need to stop being so distrusting. People aren't inherently evil. And I noticed how you sidestepped the hole I punched in your arguement by simply ignoring it. Explain to me where in the drug making process drug companies inject poison into their drugs. I've shown it isn't in R&D. And the industry is huge. Why has no one written a tell-all book about how he screwed over everyone with the flu?

tits

Nov 26 2008, 7:45 am Kellimus Post #64

Quote from dumbducky
Quote from Kellimus

It tastes good.
Because it's the best thing we have. Besides, side effects vary in degree. What may be awful or deadly for one person is minor or nonexistant for another. Also, cite an example of a drug that is more deadly than it's disease it treats.

You need to stop being so distrusting. People aren't inherently evil. And I noticed how you sidestepped the hole I punched in your arguement by simply ignoring it. Explain to me where in the drug making process drug companies inject poison into their drugs. I've shown it isn't in R&D. And the industry is huge. Why has no one written a tell-all book about how he screwed over everyone with the flu?

What hole did you 'punch' in my argument except for you claiming your father works for these companies and 'doesn't put these poisons in the pills"

Does your father know the long term effects in humans of some of the chemicals that are used in Pharmacy Drugs? Until you can prove to me that he does, you haven't 'punched' a hole in my argument you've just claimed things that you are trying to use in defence of your point that has no solid proof except what you believe.

I don't write down every pharmacy drug I see advertised on the T.V. because I honestly don't care. But every single commercial that advertises pharmacy drugs has a list of side effects... And I've heard on a few different ocassions "and possibly death" as one of the side effects.

And there are numerous commercials that have popped up: "If you or a relative has taken *insert pharmacy drug name here* and has developed cancer, disease or death from it, you may be entitled to funds" and one of the commercials even named off a pill made by Bayer.

Sooooooo why are you telling me to 'quit being so untrustworthy' when there ARE harmful side effects in Pharmacy Drugs?? That creates MUCH distrust to me, especially when I see advertisements broadcasting that if certain drugs have created problems you're entitled to money. How can I trust these pills if people are dying and becomming sick on them?

Its called having a mind of my own and not being brainwashed to believe what I'm told.

So where's this hole in my argument? I've simply stated that Pharmacy companies KNOW they're slowly killing us with the chemicals they'are using in their drugs and given you reasons why I believe so and you've simply stated your 'dad doesn't put poison in the pills'......

Again I ask you: Does your father know the long-term effects of the chemicals in humans that he is working with???

None.

Nov 30 2008, 1:29 am Zell. Post #65

It has been suggested that the global warming scare main objective was to put through the kyoto protocol. The KP calls all countries to cut down on co2 input by 20% or something like that. Meaning that mostly china and other countries would stop industrializing so quickly. Secondarily thought to keep poorer nations from expanding technologically. If you look at the effects of cutting down on co2 to actually make the smallest slightest difference then the economy would suffer greatly. So basically if global warming is man made we are screwed (because people are so selfish they will not sacrifice) second, if it isn't real then there is another reason other than trying to cut down on co2 (because the government knows cutting down on co2 will bring harsh times.) And what could that be?

None.

Nov 30 2008, 1:45 am RISKED911 Post #66

I don't know, but all I really know is that cows belching contributes greatly in the process of CO2. (Not to mention hundreds of gallons of water an average cow drinks per day and acres of grass it needs is really stunning) So theoreticly thinking, more people equals more cows to farm to supply or needs. Which there are happen to be a lot of people already driving cars which happen to get in crashes making ambulances, firetrucks, etc. to race to the scene which occurs every minute, which is going to cause a very huge chain reaction. Factories are a major concern, producing weapons needed for wars republicans started.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 4:10 am BeDazed Post #67

In this case, humans have created a double edged sword. It backfires one way or the other. If the world decides to massively endorse environmental issues and take it up the national level- it will turn us back to stoneage, and in the process billions of people will die of starvation, and poverty. And massive disorders that puts the world in chaos. If we decide to keep prosper, someday- we will trigger a catastrophic environmental problem. To a point- in the worst case: Earth becoming uninhabitable to lifeforms.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 4:13 am Doodle77 Post #68

Nuclear power is really the best solution to global warming and the energy crisis (which is on temporary holiday). Though nuclear power produces waste which is incredibly hard to dispose of, I'm sure there is a way to extract more from the waste, and whatever's left over can always be launched into space at great expense.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 6:22 am Vi3t-X Post #69

The best solution at this point is to wait several billions of years and hope for the best.

In response to Dazed:

If we endorse environmental protection, we would restore the Earth's general biosphere, and kill of others through poverty and starvation. This is true, mainly to the mainstream developing countries. Stage 1 and Stage 2 countries (those of which that can provide for themselves without aid) will survive, and developing/resource depleted countries will suffer.

If we decided against environmental protection, we would continue our normal ways of life, and eventually artifically turn Earth into Venus.

In the end, you must decide which is more important: Letting people die for the greater good of humanity, or save them, and doom the rest of their generations.

You'd need to mix a little bit of both. Environmental protection to keep the earth alive, but continuing with SOME of the market things to stimulate the Economy, and bring in Cash.

None.

Mar 20 2010, 7:23 am Vrael Post #70

This graph is constructed from this data:
http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcet/cetml1659on.dat

Quote from name:MONTHLY">http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcet/cetml1659on.dat]MONTHLY MEAN CENTRAL ENGLAND TEMPERATURE (DEGREES C)
1659-1973 MANLEY (Q.J.R.METEOROL.SOC., 1974)
1974ON PARKER ET AL. (INT.J.CLIM., 1992)
PARKER AND HORTON (INT.J.CLIM., 2005)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8511670.stm

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/ghcn-monthly/index.php?name=contacts

http://www.appinsys.com/GlobalWarming/climatedata.aspx?Dataset=GHCNTemp

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F00F13F7395516738DDDAC0A94DA405B838EF1D3
"First noticed about 1918"

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/changing-artic_monthly_wx_review.png

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/gistemp_station.py?id=620040630003&data_set=1&num_neighbors=1

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends.shtml

Draw your own conclusions.

My conclusions:
The data from the above sources seem to indicate that we are in part of a natural cycle, and the emissions of mankind are mostly negligible. Even so, I still think we should push for cleaner technology and alternative energy sources. Diversifying our energy production is probably a good thing.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2010, 7:35 am by Vrael.

None.

Mar 20 2010, 7:44 am MasterJohnny Post #71

Quote from Vrael
My conclusions:
The data from the above sources seem to indicate that we are in part of a natural cycle, and the emissions of mankind are mostly negligible. Even so, I still think we should push for cleaner technology and alternative energy sources. Diversifying our energy production is probably a good thing.
So..Why are you bringing back a dead topic? And where is the links to higher levels of science to lead to your conclusion? So you think we are naturally screwed like some of the other planets we have seen?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2010, 7:51 am by MasterJohnny.

I am a Mathematician

Mar 20 2010, 7:57 am Vrael Post #72

There is nothing wrong with posting in an old topic if you have new material to bring to the table. No one has provided this data so far.

Secondly, look at the temperature data and compare it to the escalation of CO2 emissions. More years will add more data to compare to and will provide a better picture of the situation, but the current information seems to conform to the linear relation as shown on the graph. The observations of natural phenomenon linked to in the other sources also seem to correlate with these data. For example, in 1918 there is a high spike in local temperature, which correlates with the source showing a great deal of ice cap melting in 1918. If you take a look at the cryosphere link, you will find ice regrowth since then.

Based on the recurrent patterns provided in the graph, I'd say its likely that we will soon experience a sudden drop in temperatures, similar to the patterns observed in 1715, 1736, 1834, and 1960.

I make no conjectures about other planets.

None.

Mar 20 2010, 7:49 pm KrayZee Post #73

Natural cycle or not, cities such as Los Angeles, New York City and London has smog, which is air pollution that leads to warming up the environment. I'd say it "speeds up" global warming if it is a natural cycle. Also, I've heard about global warming long before Al Gore discussed about it in a film.

None.

Mar 20 2010, 8:27 pm Syphon Post #74

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from dumbducky
Impossible. It will not exist, ever.
Nothing is impossible. We thought we couldn't fly, that worked.
We thought the Earth was flat, we were wrong.
We thought drugs, at one point, were the gateway to everything awesome, this may still be true.

You never know what may happen.

No educated people every thought the Earth was flat, just want to point that out.

None.

Mar 20 2010, 8:49 pm Fire_Kame Post #75

wth is starcraft

Ha. I logged on just to vote on this. I just want you to know...the reason why statistics become so skewed is because you do not qualify the second poll with the first poll...so your results may not be as accurate as you expect.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum